The Coffee House

On the subject of pubs/clubs and Social distancing
Most people go to the pub)club to mix and see others this is going to be hard if everybody has to stay 2m from everyone else.

On flights:
Friday, we flew to Portland. Maine to extract Lazy Lobster (out youngest). Where Southwest usually has three flights from Baltimore to Portland, they are now down to two. This is probably more to do with lowered demand, than the virus itself, as the number of passengers seemed to be much less than normal.

The boarding was delayed a little, I guess because they were sanitizing the inside of the plane. Still, boarding went quickly as there weren't many passengers. The front 5 or so rows were blocked off and they did not serve the usual crackers/pretzels and drinks for the 1-1/2 hour flight.

Though I didn't hear anyone say you could not use the center seats, it didn't look like anyone was sitting in them except MLW and the kitty in the carrier behind us. Definitely everyone was wearing masks; I don't know if any were available from the airline, as we had our own.

Anyone here with a D750? I have acquired a NIB MB-D16 grip and don't need a spare.

Maybe if I start with the grip I can work my way up to the rest of the camera. :biglaugh:

I, for one, welcome the idea that people will have to stand 6 feet away from me in public.

yemZcd1S0HZ0HnO0oHlBd3WNVnqhdmdcEYzQljhsQBUPuJrXRigJnFuvxDUEtgUHp1QmbqFFSO2IbKEC8IpX9Kn1eILBkH0mJJqW6fj5CPh1iTP9ZGbzsZwYwU9mXiQ3ECrHOhyt5en5_jGbbEX995Vs7IObx4MX0uAOiAqAowGe6_eSlhhWE-djNNjhWXS5kzau2_s4sKJz8pRr1vKo-erVoNWU48eKl0z1iytHMPx25PmGVl0w4FqD-ntNmL2AoTCtSlhqx2i-cidqSQD8PysD2Ir2XTfwrwjJmP0Xi7MCcfS29DQ3BBgkfS04PZjwr_h7EkxWnXZN1zKK1ilWFfQpZ7pZt8oXci86n1UNHFV3xV5HBO36gDBSHEi6XPbw1uKntkoroDW116uY3u6Ls2K3TgSky4R9K7GG_fjBN0ND7QVTABlC7_-6FwfoC5D5QUpKprwUZs_hWvXJEaVYj213_u3j4sm6wZ33HfzgtFBifw0HiIpnOVrMOOusXM-eH4gb-vdQASQEzO79bUiMwu0nJhURnqOohR-djtR0EOv6nkX-Rps0SdJ2spaKfFy9w8QLCAvwYUMvgV4I-Hz1NONx8YyeZzm1-SynTWIAjr0UHI4MqPYtsAXerEd35VMXOG1qF1m801TJxLhLKIYQbHXBhnRF6E-se3Iv1SLiErJVxY4zWmXjE_TDsoRkzg=w600-h620-no

I don't have a problem with social distancing, I avoid people anyway. It would just be nice to be able to go and buy a coffee or a beer...

When I was a kid, I knew someone that had one as a pet. He didn't know his stinker was gone - If he didn't know you, he'd stomp his front feet at you, then turn around and try to spray.

Whew, I'm having a busy day, I can hardly believe the time.

Hosers, I had my first official "pandemic dream" - apparently, it's a thing. I was in the grocery store and suddenly realized no one was wearing a mask. I looked at my husband and he didn't have one, either. I touched my face and mine was also missing. I started to panic and say, Where are all the masks? Why is no one wearing them? And some voice from across the store said, "We ARE wearing them - can't you see them?" So it turned into an icky (but stupid) nightmare, a'la Twilight Zone. :lol:

I was at the store earlier today, btw, and everyone was actually in compliance. :1247:

Good evening, peeps.

Well, I put in an application for the GIS Job opening in our office (the desk is actually in front of the one I have now.) The job is pretty much what I do with some project management thrown in. I checked on the status and I meet the minimum qualifications. Apparently there were 19 applications passed to the agency, but the boss does not know the names; we'll see in the next few weeks.

I have LazyLobster's old desktop. I'm trying to decide whether to change it from WinXP to Linux, or just carry it to the dumpster.

Still on vacation... this morning I painted the trim in the kitchen, had to do it early to avoid the inevitable fur flying when the puppy woke up. She and Princess have been sleeping in until at least 9:30-10am every day. Must be nice.

Most reactions

Back