The Coffee House

Happy Father's Day! Any special plans this weekend? Gave my husband a card and candy from me and the pups. Daughter stopped by last nigh with a gift, the traveling nurse one. The other will drop by too. Going to get carry out BBQ ribs for him and the place has non beef/pork entry for me. Hot tub gets delivered Wednesday. We got that since our 2 trips this year were canceled. I told him it was his Father's day gift :)

Yeah that’s the ticket, it’s for you dear, for Father’s Day... nicely done.

still waiting for Princess to realize that I should get gifts on Father’s Day since I’m doing double duty.

survived the trip to the mountains and got home at 5am. I’m beat. Had to get up early to take the dog to the groomers (yeay!) only to find out that his appointment us not until tomorrow at 11 (umm what???).

Happy Father's Day! Any special plans this weekend? Gave my husband a card and candy from me and the pups. Daughter stopped by last nigh with a gift, the traveling nurse one. The other will drop by too. Going to get carry out BBQ ribs for him and the place has non beef/pork entry for me. Hot tub gets delivered Wednesday. We got that since our 2 trips this year were canceled. I told him it was his Father's day gift :)

Yeah that’s the ticket, it’s for you dear, for Father’s Day... nicely done.

still waiting for Princess to realize that I should get gifts on Father’s Day since I’m doing double duty.

survived the trip to the mountains and got home at 5am. I’m beat. Had to get up early to take the dog to the groomers (yeay!) only to find out that his appointment us not until tomorrow at 11 (umm what???).

Oh no up all night and wrong grooming day appointment? You must have been tired. Yes the hot tub will be my plunge pool in the summer. Bought a smallish sorta raft. Should fit with just me.

Done for the night. A little over 8 hours and 128 essays.
I'd be feeling a mite bug eyed after that! :confused: That's a lot of essays.

And about to start on another day of the same!

I am keeping a picture of the washer and dryer I want to buy to remind myself of why I am doing this ;)

Done for Day 3. I refuse to give up my lazy recovery Sunday mornings, so I started late, and I also left the house for a few hours to have dinner with Buzz and his parents for Father's Day, so I only got in 7 hours and 95 essays in for the day. Slightly slower rate than yesterday. One more day of going hard and then on Tuesday, I can start to ease up a bit, I think. I'm kinda hoping that there are enough essays to keep going for the full 7 days, or at least Day 6. Anything over 40 will be overtime, and I expect to hit my minimum 35 hours by Tuesday afternoon (Day 5).

Yeow it was hot as hell here today! 90 and humid. After some errands we went for a dip in the pool then spent most of the rest of the day hiding out inside with ac and the dogs, editing photos and watching movies. But, right before sunset, it cooled off so nicely that I took my laptop out on the back porch and enjoyed the pretty sky and soft breeze.

20200621_180310.jpg
I went to see Back to The Future with my son who turned 17 on June 12. He had never seen the full film before. We were the only two people in the small auditorium.

Afterwards he cooked us dinner...chicken drumsticks and baked potatoes with Arizona ice tea .

A nice Father's Day.
20200621_180338.jpg

Last edited:
My parents came over Sunday we sat out in the garden for a few hours,
Had a nice b day and Father’s Day combo day
Daughter had a cream tea delivered... still enjoying it today lol

Not so worried about a beer because I am the driver but a pub lunch sat in the sun.......

Afterwards he cooked us dinner...chicken drumsticks and baked potatoes with Arizona ice tea .

Handsome young man, and nice thing he did. We have 3 grown kids and 10 grandchildren- a grandson 3, Lil'Bit is 4, a granddaughter 5, a grandson 6, a grandson 9, two grandsons 17, a grandson 19, a granddaughter 23, and the oldest granddaughter is 25. It was a lonnnnnggg day of phone calls Sunday. LOL

Done for the night. A little over 8 hours and 128 essays.

That is a lot of essays! Do they all run together after awhile? A friend is a recently retired Honors and AP English teacher. She misses teaching but not all the weekend essay reading grading.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back