The Coffee House

Done for the night. A little over 8 hours and 128 essays.

That is a lot of essays! Do they all run together after awhile? A friend is a recently retired Honors and AP English teacher. She misses teaching but not all the weekend essay reading grading.

They totally run together. At least scoring is a lot easier than grading. I just read them, slap on a score, then move on. It's still remarkably draining, but 8 hours of scoring is still better than 1 hour of grading my own students' essays. :cower:

In other news...

Plethora count: 7

Leonore, I just realized that you are torturing yourself with essays, so that you can have more fun doing laundry! You rebel you! :biglaugh:

Leonore, I just realized that you are torturing yourself with essays, so that you can have more fun doing laundry! You rebel you! :biglaugh:

I was never one to choose a traditional life ;)

And hey, do not underestimate how much easier life can be with the right laundry set-up!!

And hey, do not underestimate how much easier life can be with the right laundry set-up!!

I'm with you on that one. :)

I'm with you on that one. :)

Cool.

So tell me one of your non-traditional ways and I'll tell you one of mine :)

do not underestimate how much easier life can be with the right laundry set-up!!
I need to step up my laundry game, so I’m not stepping up and over a pile of clothes.

Well, Summer has officially arrived at the snowbear house ... we had watermelon last week, and today's lunch was a tomato sandwich.

Tis summer here - rain, sun, humid, rain, repeat. At least the grass cutting got done in between rain and rain.

Well, Summer has officially arrived at the snowbear house ... we had watermelon last week, and today's lunch was a tomato sandwich.
Ooo, both sound delicious right about now!

Done with Day 5. Cumulative total: 450 essays and 9 plethoras. Got to 35.5 hours, so I've hit my minimum. Anything now is gravy.

Just about 13 essays/hour, which averages to 4 minutes per essay. Some are much faster and others take me a little while to figure out. I probably read faster when we did in-person readings, but not by a whole lot. I'm probably reading at an average speed but I'm also apparently quite accurate, so it's all good.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back