What's new

The Coffee House

Done with Day 5. Cumulative total: 450 essays and 9 plethoras. Got to 35.5 hours, so I've hit my minimum. Anything now is gravy.

Just about 13 essays/hour, which averages to 4 minutes per essay. Some are much faster and others take me a little while to figure out. I probably read faster when we did in-person readings, but not by a whole lot. I'm probably reading at an average speed but I'm also apparently quite accurate, so it's all good.

This is why I do not give my students any essays or papers. I let the communications department handle English 101 and 102. Now I have more photography time! =]

I do assign a paper in one of the courses I teach but what a train wreck. I admire your essay grading skills! =]
 
695F21AB-03E2-4BD6-9A40-2DB4E8148E21.webp
Hiya all, just got in out of the sun, way to hot for any more diy/gardening at the moment
How is everyone today
The ginger boy likes a vantage point lol
 
Plethora!
 
So, word on the street is that we will be done today. I am trying to hit both of the following marks: 40 hours total, 500 essays. I am 14 essays away from the second, and about 1hr 45m from the former. I can easily read 14 essays within an hour, so that means I have to either slow down my reading pace by a lot, or just accept that I'll be moving past 500. I think I'm just going to keep scoring at my regular pace until I hit 40 hours and then call it done for another year.
 
Leo you're a maniac! Makes me feel cross eyed thinking about it. So go girl, bang it out and get 'em done and celebrate being done! Yay!

Of course other than a stint in jr. high I never did much grading papers, not in EI; that involved assessments and notes and oh, I don't know what all. I remember detention duty and the kids had to write sentences. I admired the writing with 2 pencils at a time 'skill', even though I had to confiscate the extra pencils til they were done. Didn't seem to realize they had to sit there for the entire time regardless of how much they wrote so they were doing double the writing for no reason! lol Kids...
 
Leo you're a maniac! Makes me feel cross eyed thinking about it. So go girl, bang it out and get 'em done and celebrate being done! Yay!

Of course other than a stint in jr. high I never did much grading papers, not in EI; that involved assessments and notes and oh, I don't know what all. I remember detention duty and the kids had to write sentences. I admired the writing with 2 pencils at a time 'skill', even though I had to confiscate the extra pencils til they were done. Didn't seem to realize they had to sit there for the entire time regardless of how much they wrote so they were doing double the writing for no reason! lol Kids...

I knew how to write with two pencils at the same time. Got pretty good at it, even though I never really needed it because I never had detention. Talk about a useless skill! :laugh2:

So I got to my 40 hours (and 2 minutes) and 510 essays a few hours back and went out to do some errands. First time at the grocery store in probably 2 weeks.

I just heard that we're apparently almost done but not quite, so we'll log in tomorrow, too. There's still technically 2.5 hours left before the system goes down, so I wonder if anyone else scoring this question is still reading tonight. I would normally still be reading and I thought of logging back in to sneak some more hours in, but I don't think I have it in me. I'll bang some out OT tomorrow. New washer and dryer, here I come! :headbang:
 
Last edited:
Plumbing Wars ...... This must be a Thailand thing ...... but anyone else live in a country where U bend water seals are seen as a bad thing?

Had to resort to trench warfare to get my wife and the plumbers to fit traps to all the sinks and basins during a condo refit.
 
Only a bad thing when you are lying on your back trying to reach something you can’t see cussing the last person who just swept their rubbish under the bath. An oh yea, why oh why did the bath fitter have to use an obsolete size
 
GM Hosers! It’s almost Friday and I am on vacation all next week. No big plans as I am still not ready to use a hotel or bnb. Was hoping to do a lighthouse run up the coast of Maine and catch 4 or 5 of them but Maine is not accepting visitors from MA right now - even though MA currently has the lowest transmission rate in the country. We may spend a day on the Cape instead. Definitely heading to NH at least one day with my mom. She’s been stir crazy and needs a day out.
 
Plumbing Wars ...... This must be a Thailand thing ...... but anyone else live in a country where U bend water seals are seen as a bad thing?

Had to resort to trench warfare to get my wife and the plumbers to fit traps to all the sinks and basins during a condo refit.
:o I have to admit I never noticed them lacking when I'd been there; why would anyone NOT want a 'P' trap on a sink/tub drain?????
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom