What's new

The Coffee House

This has been my diy project for the last few months, take a piece of scrap wood that is used in the transport of wood known locally as Dunnage. Often is two pieces nailed together
And turn it into the following, a set of border edgings plus a small fan for a climbing plant. Some of the off cuts were used to make the fan, rest will be used on the bbq and the saw dust was used for rabbets run.
Eco friendly, bio degradable, reused scrap wood
View attachment 193564View attachment 193567View attachment 193568View attachment 193569View attachment 193571
Excellent idea. I'll have to make a similar boarder fence. Staining should help, but if the wood is pine it'll rot in 1-2 years. Would be nice to find cedar and maybe extend it.
 
This is our latest here in Perth in relation to Covid. Melbourne not doing so good.
Take a look at life behind WA's hard border if you want to see a post-COVID world

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk
Good job, mates! That's a strong, no BS position taken by your leaders, and the results are obvious. I really hope that as you begin to open back up the virus stays at bay. The signs are hilarious! [emoji38]

Here in Perth we are, in this case anyway, trusting our government is doing the right thing in regards the citizens. It will certainly be fingers crossed that there is no '2nd wave." Those signs are special [emoji1].

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk
 
The hot tub got delivered yesterday. So nice to sit and float this morning. I have one of those two inflated rolls with mesh in-between. Odd my knees don't ache too much today. Must be the water therapy. My husband has a bad shoulder and hopefully it will help him.

we have those floats in our pool and I love them. How big is the hot tub?

The tub is a 4 seater and I think the outside dimension is shy of 7 ft square.
 
I traded in my Fuji X-T2 for the X-T4 recently. Used it a few times and noticed that the single focus point kept moving on me between shots and taking photos with out depressing the shutter button. I thought it was just sensitive compared to the X-T2 that I bought used. Reading the manual today I find out it has a touch screen. :icon_eek: Duh I must have been bumping the screen between shots. Turned that feature off.
 
I traded in my Fuji X-T2 for the X-T4 recently. Used it a few times and noticed that the single focus point kept moving on me between shots and taking photos with out depressing the shutter button. I thought it was just sensitive compared to the X-T2 that I bought used. Reading the manual today I find out it has a touch screen. :icon_eek: Duh I must have been bumping the screen between shots. Turned that feature off.
:lol: like me and my cell phone. Can’t guess how many times I’ve hung up on someone or done something with my ear or cheek while talking...
 
I traded in my Fuji X-T2 for the X-T4 recently. Used it a few times and noticed that the single focus point kept moving on me between shots and taking photos with out depressing the shutter button. I thought it was just sensitive compared to the X-T2 that I bought used. Reading the manual today I find out it has a touch screen. :icon_eek: Duh I must have been bumping the screen between shots. Turned that feature off.

I have similar issues with my xf10. I haven’t turned the touch screen off though because the af on that camera is better when you use the screen to focus and shoot. For me anyway. I suspect I’m mashing the shutter.
 
I traded in my Fuji X-T2 for the X-T4 recently. Used it a few times and noticed that the single focus point kept moving on me between shots and taking photos with out depressing the shutter button. I thought it was just sensitive compared to the X-T2 that I bought used. Reading the manual today I find out it has a touch screen. :icon_eek: Duh I must have been bumping the screen between shots. Turned that feature off.

I have similar issues with my xf10. I haven’t turned the touch screen off though because the af on that camera is better when you use the screen to focus and shoot. For me anyway. I suspect I’m mashing the shutter.

I wonder if the X-T4 does better with screen focus? I'll have to check it out. I could just turn the screen inside. Now you got me wondering.
 
I traded in my Fuji X-T2 for the X-T4 recently. Used it a few times and noticed that the single focus point kept moving on me between shots and taking photos with out depressing the shutter button. I thought it was just sensitive compared to the X-T2 that I bought used. Reading the manual today I find out it has a touch screen. :icon_eek: Duh I must have been bumping the screen between shots. Turned that feature off.

I have similar issues with my xf10. I haven’t turned the touch screen off though because the af on that camera is better when you use the screen to focus and shoot. For me anyway. I suspect I’m mashing the shutter.

I wonder if the X-T4 does better with screen focus? I'll have to check it out. I could just turn the screen inside. Now you got me wondering.

I really think the issue is me. Not having a viewfinder means I have to hold the camera steady while I try to press the shutter instead of having it braced against my face. Pretty sure I’m the problem!
 
Other than that, how do you like the xt4? I need a 2nd body and thinking of getting another used Xt2. Any major upgrades making the xt4 a better choice?
 
Other than that, how do you like the xt4? I need a 2nd body and thinking of getting another used Xt2. Any major upgrades making the xt4 a better choice?

The biggest differences are the in-body stabilisstion and the bigger battery - and these may be significant improvements depending on how you shoot, although there's been evolutionary improvements in most other areas.

But it's also gained some weight, and a touch screen that most people turn off.
 
This has been my diy project for the last few months, take a piece of scrap wood that is used in the transport of wood known locally as Dunnage. Often is two pieces nailed together
And turn it into the following, a set of border edgings plus a small fan for a climbing plant. Some of the off cuts were used to make the fan, rest will be used on the bbq and the saw dust was used for rabbets run.
Eco friendly, bio degradable, reused scrap wood
View attachment 193564View attachment 193567View attachment 193568View attachment 193569View attachment 193571

Nice Job! I built these boxes in May and planted seeds. Approximately two months later (today, July) the watermelons have seem to have grown wild.
xqAiI3L.jpg

3vMWSJ9.jpg
 
Other than that, how do you like the xt4? I need a 2nd body and thinking of getting another used Xt2. Any major upgrades making the xt4 a better choice?

The biggest differences are the in-body stabilisstion and the bigger battery - and these may be significant improvements depending on how you shoot, although there's been evolutionary improvements in most other areas.

But it's also gained some weight, and a touch screen that most people turn off.

maybe I’ll rent one when I go on my trip if it still happens. Then decide when I get home. Big A the differences between button placement and things like that am I gonna be lost if I’m trying to use the XT four without practice?
 
This has been my diy project for the last few months, take a piece of scrap wood that is used in the transport of wood known locally as Dunnage. Often is two pieces nailed together
And turn it into the following, a set of border edgings plus a small fan for a climbing plant. Some of the off cuts were used to make the fan, rest will be used on the bbq and the saw dust was used for rabbets run.
Eco friendly, bio degradable, reused scrap wood
View attachment 193564View attachment 193567View attachment 193568View attachment 193569View attachment 193571

Nice Job! I built these boxes in May and planted seeds. Approximately two months later (today, July) the watermelons have seem to have grown wild.
xqAiI3L.jpg

3vMWSJ9.jpg
Nice!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom