What's new

The Coffee House

I like to do pork chops in a mushroom sauce with a cheese and bread crumb crumble topping
I am assuming that for Mike D, SquarePeg and Terri it’s early evening for you
 
Last edited:
Those look absolutely beautiful! You're in Yuma, right? Holy crap, I know it gets hot there. Here in GA, watermelons have been coming in locally for a few weeks now. When will yours actually bear fruit?

Oh, and nice job with the planter boxes, too. :lol:

Thank you! Yes I am in Yuma, it is a beautiful 104F right now. I am going on a ride here in a few minutes to the lake for sunset. I honestly do not know when the plants will bear fruit because this is the first watermelon that we have planted. Thanks!

We had a small backyard garden one year. My mom and my daughter, who was about 7 at the time, promised they would take care of it because I thought it would be a big pita and I didn't have time to deal with it working full time and going to school at night. The tomatoes were a big hit as were the mini peppers and the basil. Very useful and easy to manage. But... the eggplant grew like crazy and the cucumbers and just took off and spread out everywhere! Way outside of the small enclosure we tried to contain things to. We were giving away eggplant to anyone who stopped by and were so sick of cukes! The watermelon was a fail. We got maybe 2 small ones and that was it. And yes, you guessed it, yours truly was the chief weeder, waterer and bunny watcher. Now that my daughter is older and I work at home full time, I could probably manage a small container garden but the puppy is a digger and would not cooperate! She has taken over the yard.

SquarePeg
You are so right for the big diy stores, at the local Hardware store the staff will help but will not push in..
SquarePeg
I would say I would pop round for tea, those wings sound nice
But it’s nearly 10 pm here, plus by the time I got to you the wings would be cold lol

I will send you the recipe via PM if you are interested. They are really good. I make them in the oven instead of the grill for better consistency of cooking and less clean up!
 
I like to do pork chops in a mushroom sauce with a cheese and bread crumb crumble topping
I am assuming that for Mike D, SquarePeg and Terri it’s early evening for you
Sharon and I are in the Eastern time zone (daylight savings right now). Mike D is out in Yuma, Arizona, knocking on the door of the west coast of the USA. Mid-afternoon for him.
 
Ugh. Was playing with the dogs - Harlie has a small partially deflated soccer ball that she likes me to kick and then she fetches it and brings it back to me in her mouth. But she likes to tease me and lay down with the ball instead of drop it. Sometimes I kick it gently out of her mouth and she chases it. Well I stupidly played this game with flip flops on tonight and she moved her head and I kicked her tooth and have a small puncture would now on my toe. It bled a lot but seems fine after being bandaged and elevated for a while.

Dammit after I finally got a pedicure and now I’m all bandaids and gauze.
 
Ugh. Was playing with the dogs - Harlie has a small partially deflated soccer ball that she likes me to kick and then she fetches it and brings it back to me in her mouth. But she likes to tease me and lay down with the ball instead of drop it. Sometimes I kick it gently out of her mouth and she chases it. Well I stupidly played this game with flip flops on tonight and she moved her head and I kicked her tooth and have a small puncture would now on my toe. It bled a lot but seems fine after being bandaged and elevated for a while.

Dammit after I finally got a pedicure and now I’m all bandaids and gauze.

Hmm.. I can't like it because, well, rude. I can't agree because I'm a dude and I don't paint anything. I can't disagree because your SquarePeg. I don't think it's funny even though I can't stop laughing. You did not win anything. Informative and useful don't match...

How does the dog feel about this situation?
I hope you feel better soon. =]

That video...Haha.
 
Last edited:
Ugh. Was playing with the dogs - Harlie has a small partially deflated soccer ball that she likes me to kick and then she fetches it and brings it back to me in her mouth. But she likes to tease me and lay down with the ball instead of drop it. Sometimes I kick it gently out of her mouth and she chases it. Well I stupidly played this game with flip flops on tonight and she moved her head and I kicked her tooth and have a small puncture would now on my toe. It bled a lot but seems fine after being bandaged and elevated for a while.

Dammit after I finally got a pedicure and now I’m all bandaids and gauze.

Hmm.. I can't like it because, well, rude. I can't agree because I'm a dude and I don't paint anything. I can't disagree because your SquarePeg. I don't think it's funny even though I can't stop laughing. You did not win anything. Informative and useful don't match...

How does the dog feel about this situation?
I hope you feel better soon. =]

That video...Haha.

Agreed. We need a Sympathy button or something.
 
Ventured out to Home Depot today. It was kinda crowded, and my goodness, it was hot outside!

When you buy a house you spend all your money and most of your free time at HD the first few months. I think I could probably better direct people to find what they need than most of their employees.

..... and do you find that it always needs 2 trips per job? One to get the main stuff, then you need to go back again because you forgot a specific type of screw or you don't have the right sized drill bit/spanner/screwdriver.
 
Last edited:
Ugh. Was playing with the dogs - Harlie has a small partially deflated soccer ball that she likes me to kick and then she fetches it and brings it back to me in her mouth. But she likes to tease me and lay down with the ball instead of drop it. Sometimes I kick it gently out of her mouth and she chases it. Well I stupidly played this game with flip flops on tonight and she moved her head and I kicked her tooth and have a small puncture would now on my toe. It bled a lot but seems fine after being bandaged and elevated for a while.

Dammit after I finally got a pedicure and now I’m all bandaids and gauze.

Hmm.. I can't like it because, well, rude. I can't agree because I'm a dude and I don't paint anything. I can't disagree because your SquarePeg. I don't think it's funny even though I can't stop laughing. You did not win anything. Informative and useful don't match...

How does the dog feel about this situation?
I hope you feel better soon. =]

That video...Haha.

Agreed. We need a Sympathy button or something.

Sympathy for Harlie!
 
Ugh. Was playing with the dogs - Harlie has a small partially deflated soccer ball that she likes me to kick and then she fetches it and brings it back to me in her mouth. But she likes to tease me and lay down with the ball instead of drop it. Sometimes I kick it gently out of her mouth and she chases it. Well I stupidly played this game with flip flops on tonight and she moved her head and I kicked her tooth and have a small puncture would now on my toe. It bled a lot but seems fine after being bandaged and elevated for a while.

Dammit after I finally got a pedicure and now I’m all bandaids and gauze.

Hmm.. I can't like it because, well, rude. I can't agree because I'm a dude and I don't paint anything. I can't disagree because your SquarePeg. I don't think it's funny even though I can't stop laughing. You did not win anything. Informative and useful don't match...

How does the dog feel about this situation?
I hope you feel better soon. =]

That video...Haha.

Agreed. We need a Sympathy button or something.

Sympathy for Harlie!

SHE was just fine.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom