What's new

The Coffee House

Ugh. Was playing with the dogs - Harlie has a small partially deflated soccer ball that she likes me to kick and then she fetches it and brings it back to me in her mouth. But she likes to tease me and lay down with the ball instead of drop it. Sometimes I kick it gently out of her mouth and she chases it. Well I stupidly played this game with flip flops on tonight and she moved her head and I kicked her tooth and have a small puncture would now on my toe. It bled a lot but seems fine after being bandaged and elevated for a while.

Dammit after I finally got a pedicure and now I’m all bandaids and gauze.
:(
 
Morning, hosers. Well, it is morning for another 8 minutes for those of us in this time zone, anyway.

It's day...3? 4? of my headache, so life is just grand at the moment. Off to nurse another cup of coffee.

How are y'all?
 
Morning, hosers. Well, it is morning for another 8 minutes for those of us in this time zone, anyway.

It's day...3? 4? of my headache, so life is just grand at the moment. Off to nurse another cup of coffee.

How are y'all?

..... perhaps stay off the coffee? That and chocolate can trigger headaches?
 
Morning, hosers. Well, it is morning for another 8 minutes for those of us in this time zone, anyway.

It's day...3? 4? of my headache, so life is just grand at the moment. Off to nurse another cup of coffee.

How are y'all?

..... perhaps stay off the coffee? That and chocolate can trigger headaches?

Nope, that's not it. I barely ever eat chocolate (I have a fairly low tolerance for sweet foods) and caffeine helps the headache.

I've been dealing with my multi-day migraines for years now.
 
Morning, hosers. Well, it is morning for another 8 minutes for those of us in this time zone, anyway.

It's day...3? 4? of my headache, so life is just grand at the moment. Off to nurse another cup of coffee.

How are y'all?

It’s the heat and all this damp weather! Get yourself to a dark cool room and shut your eyes. Princess and I both get them - hers are worse than mine these days.
 
And hydrate!
 
Other than that, how do you like the xt4? I need a 2nd body and thinking of getting another used Xt2. Any major upgrades making the xt4 a better choice?

I got the X-T4 for the IBIS. I shoot video and that was a big factor. The AF is noticeably faster and haven't tried out the low shutter speed for photos handheld. Reports I've read is the IBIS helps. I loved the articulating screen on the X-T2 and do not like how it flips out on the X-T4. When I shot photos in a crowd I could tilt the screen up and out slightly which is less noticeable compared to flipped out to the side. I shoot video mostly of our travels and local festivals which are all on hold this year. I plan to take the camera to the local nature center and try out the video.
 
Yeah - there are other triggers, but they're usually worse in the summer because of the light and the heat, both of which are triggers for me. I've got my super dark glasses on and the a/c is running - but then again, it's always running these days.

When the headaches are more sinus-related, the coffee alone is often enough to get rid of it by about noon. When it's a migraine, the caffeine and Advil makes a dent, but it never really goes away until it's just ready to go away. I keep away from light and heat, have an extra cup of coffee and lots of water, and just ride it out.
 
Yeah - there are other triggers, but they're usually worse in the summer because of the light and the heat, both of which are triggers for me. I've got my super dark glasses on and the a/c is running - but then again, it's always running these days.

When the headaches are more sinus-related, the coffee alone is often enough to get rid of it by about noon. When it's a migraine, the caffeine and Advil makes a dent, but it never really goes away until it's just ready to go away. I keep away from light and heat, have an extra cup of coffee and lots of water, and just ride it out.
That sucks! :(
 
Yeah - there are other triggers, but they're usually worse in the summer because of the light and the heat, both of which are triggers for me. I've got my super dark glasses on and the a/c is running - but then again, it's always running these days.

When the headaches are more sinus-related, the coffee alone is often enough to get rid of it by about noon. When it's a migraine, the caffeine and Advil makes a dent, but it never really goes away until it's just ready to go away. I keep away from light and heat, have an extra cup of coffee and lots of water, and just ride it out.

Feel better! A friend gets those and she lays in a dark room. With modern medicine you would think by now there would be treatments.
 
Ten years ago today, two tiny kittens came to live with me. And yes, they're still here, and hopefully will be for at least another ten :heartpump::heartpump:

Gotcha Day.webp



Best picture ever.webp



10473338_10152191107784007_3017054401988155013_o.webp



10379958_10152191107794007_445193776503936624_o.webp
 
:586: The girls!
 
Lovely cats
Re headaches do you use glasses
For years I had headaches every time I went to the cinema
I needed glasses, in short I was seeing two images at slightly different focus
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom