What's new

The Coffee House

Lovely cats
Re headaches do you use glasses
For years I had headaches every time I went to the cinema
I needed glasses, in short I was seeing two images at slightly different focus

Yes, I have glasses for distance and other glasses for reading. The glasses don't cause the headaches. The main triggers are monthly hormone shifts, and heat/light/barometric pressure changes/some kinds of booze are secondary triggers.
 
Happy 4th! No fireworks near us this year so here is a photo from last year.

9F4FC797-BEAB-4EA4-B597-8297AA93FB07.webp
 
My brother and sister in law just left after an early lunch. Princess and her bf were here as well. Everyone is gone now except me and the dogs - and my mom but she’s in her suite napping and watching Hallmark movies and won’t be out until she gets hungry again around 7. I think I’ll paint a bit and then take the pup for a hike. It’s a gorgeous day here, 70’s and sunny. Hopefully most of the mud on our favorite trail has dried up after almost 2 days without rain. We might try to make it to the beach tomorrow morning for a few hours.
 
It's not something we celebrate across here. Probably because you whipped our butts to get your independence:mad:;)

Hope you all enjoyed it tho.
 
Friend of mine's on her way here picking up dinner (because who's cooking? not me!). I know somebody who went to drive in style fireworks, everybody had to stay in their cars (or sit in lawn chairs outside the cars). No other events this year, not in my state, no large events happening, still distancing and carry out/curbside.

There is hockey on, yay NESN! The '96 NHL All Star game - I'll take it!
 
Happy 4th! No fireworks near us this year so here is a photo from last year.

View attachment 193941

I just remembered that Buzz and I were in Boston for the 4th last year. We were on the Queen Mary 2 and it stopped in Boston. We went into the city during the day but went back to the boat for evening. We didn't want to be in the crowds and could see enough of the fireworks from the boat.

This was taken I think the day before on our way towards Boston.

FB_IMG_1593904662473.webp
 
Happy 4th! No fireworks near us this year so here is a photo from last year.

View attachment 193941

I just remembered that Buzz and I were in Boston for the 4th last year. We were on the Queen Mary 2 and it stopped in Boston. We went into the city during the day but went back to the boat for evening. We didn't want to be in the crowds and could see enough of the fireworks from the boat.

This was taken I think the day before on our way towards Boston.

View attachment 193945
I remember this! Looked like so much fun. :)
 
The town over had fireworks last night. Most towns around here are canceled so I am sure there were crowds. Floated in the hot tub this morning, did a few things around here and had chicken kabobs for dinner. Last year we went to daughter's subdivision for the kids' bicycle parade. I took a ton of photos last year. We didn't go this year. Too many people and we are staying away from crowds. Going to the outdoor produce market in the morning before it gets busy.
 
I thought I'd make a short UHD (4K) video -- evening before sunset. I was out for about 4 hours and I thought that I'd probably gotten a good clip or two. When I got home, I was checking the battery level and glanced at the screen and found I'd recorded everything at FHD (1080) instead. Oh well, it was still good practice.
 
So many unofficial fireworks tonight in the neighborhoods around us and the surrounding towns. Fireworks are illegal in Massachusetts but that never seems to stop anyone. Our older dog is freaked out and hiding under my chair. He cries and if I try to pick him up he just wants to get down and get back under the chair. Lots of just loud booms that don’t seem to have any rickets attached. m-80’s? I’ve turned on The Avengers battle scene loudly to drown out the noise. But it doesn’t disguise the boom and the house practically shaking!

The puppy, on the other hand, is sitting on the couch looking out the window watching the ones that are going into the air from the golf course up the hill. She seems entertained.
 
Same here. There are a few small things that just became legal in NY, but the big stuff is still illegal. There were usually firecrackers around, but things are much worse this year than they ever were before. Luckily it doesn't bother the girls. Annoys the heck out of me, though.
 
Wow. Everything is illegal here and for the last 2 hours it's been like WWII out there. Been here 25 years and never heard anything like it. Crazy. My cat is going berserk.
 
Poor kitty :(

Haven't heard anything for about half an hour or so, and I'm hoping the townies have either used up their supplies or passed out drunk.

Damnit, I knew I was going to jinx it. Didn't even finish that last sentence before some more started. :angry:

It's ridiculous. People ruin everything.
 
Things opening up here, and it's a long weekend holiday too - so we found a great deal on a 5☆ beach-front suite for the cost of a budget hotel room.

Taking all my photo gear for some beach portraits, and planning some William Tell Overture love making to celebrate getting out of the city.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom