What's new

The Coffee House

Hey hosers!

Cable and Internet are down so I'm going super retro and breaking out the old pieces of vinyl. Bonus if you can correctly guess the year this was released :laughing:

FB_IMG_1594088643867.webp
 
Flock of Seagulls?? sounds like an early '80's extravaganza to me! Then again "Mickey" by Toni Basil, more of an '80's nightmare!

I'll guess - 1982.

And phthalo blue?? oh wait that's for the art thread.


(Doesn't the downspout or window trim or whatever close up look rather bluish white? or is it a light blue? wondering if that photo showed it accurately.)
 
I'm only a little ways into the fourth year of the 97X Modern Rock 500, started on the last year they did it in 2009 then went back to 1989, now I'm up to 1991. My summer long listening event. Just heard, wait for it - The Smiths! who else?
 
Wonder how many looked at the image in previous post and thought ...... nice camera
 
Flock of Seagulls?? sounds like an early '80's extravaganza to me! Then again "Mickey" by Toni Basil, more of an '80's nightmare!

I'll guess - 1982.

And phthalo blue?? oh wait that's for the art thread.


(Doesn't the downspout or window trim or whatever close up look rather bluish white? or is it a light blue? wondering if that photo showed it accurately.)

Oh, Mickey was a fun song.

1982 is much closer!

The answer is 1983.
Various - Hit Explosion
 
Internet is still down, so there will be more records getting into the rotation today to keep me company as I putter.
 
New choice on top vs previous front runner.

EAD4B182-3127-4645-86AB-5ECB05032CE1.webp
 
This one is from a different side of the house and has the darker color - #4 from the first posts (Blue Note) below the new dark color (Hale Navy) and really shows the difference between the 2. I don't have a pic of the original 2 along with the new. Ignore that one on the bottom - it doesn't look anything like it did on Pinterest. I guess that is what paint samples are for!
 

Attachments

  • A86ED215-43A7-4D09-AF49-980CEA024A3F_1_201_a.webp
    A86ED215-43A7-4D09-AF49-980CEA024A3F_1_201_a.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
paint might have still been wet when I took that one.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom