What's new

The Coffee House

MLW ordered a new laptop but it was stolen (delivered to the wrong address, signed for by "Covid," and never turned in. A copy of the theft report was sent to Dell, and they sent a replacement. It took forever, but it finally got here about last week.

Today, she gets a letter from Dell, with a return address label, asking for the computer that was replaced ... the one that was stolen ... the one they have the stolen property report for.

Obviously, the letter was either automatically generated, or they need to raise their employment standards a little.
 
MLW ordered a new laptop but it was stolen (delivered to the wrong address, signed for by "Covid," and never turned in. A copy of the theft report was sent to Dell, and they sent a replacement. It took forever, but it finally got here about last week.

Today, she gets a letter from Dell, with a return address label, asking for the computer that was replaced ... the one that was stolen ... the one they have the stolen property report for.

Obviously, the letter was either automatically generated, or they need to raise their employment standards a little.
Trying to think which "like" button works here, but none really suffice. We need a "Gah!" button. :lol:
 
Many times, on other sites I frequent, I’m looking for the “Winner” or “Useful” buttons and they are not there!
 
What are platinum forum sponsors? I could not find any information. =]
 
Many times, on other sites I frequent, I’m looking for the “Winner” or “Useful” buttons and they are not there!

Buttons are indeed a moot point.
 
What are platinum forum sponsors? I could not find any information. =]
I believe they are vendors, probably those that spend over a certain amount on advertising.

I know when non-profits have functions like conferences, tournaments, and whatnot, they will get donor sponsors. The level (silver, gold, platinum, or whatever scheme they are using) are based on the amount donated. Each higher level will give the company additional incentives, like number or size of ads, swag for employees, paid participation in the event, etc.
 
Oh no not more buttons
My wayward thumb is already getting me into trouble. I use my r thumb to swipe pages and often find that I have swiped the buttons by mistake
 
Hey hosers.

The good thing about breaking two bowls in the past week is that now I don't have to pack them. They were also bowls that I wasn't particularly attached to, so no real loss.

The bad thing was that the bowl that I broke today still contained my uneaten lunch :(
 
Ok that wasn't really useful but none of the emojis fit the situation and it seemed like you could use a carrot of sympathy.

After the stroke I was so good at floor flinging I don't know how many dishes I broke! Luckily I have no valuable dishes. I was a klutz to begin with, and my gripping of things improved, but I still manage to drop things. The worst is - dribbling coffee!! no, not wasting coffee!!!
 
Ok that wasn't really useful but none of the emojis fit the situation and it seemed like you could use a carrot of sympathy.

After the stroke I was so good at floor flinging I don't know how many dishes I broke! Luckily I have no valuable dishes. I was a klutz to begin with, and my gripping of things improved, but I still manage to drop things. The worst is - dribbling coffee!! no, not wasting coffee!!!

Well, the first bowl had developed a crack in it, so even though it was still a small crack, it was prone to breaking anyway, so I am not going to take the blame for that one.

The second one is totally my fault though. I had just given it a quick shot of heat in the microwave and I had forgotten that these particular bowls got suuuuuuper hot, even if the food wasn't. So I reached in to pick it up and ended up flinging it to the floor to avoid getting a nasty burn on my finger.

For ten+ years, I have remembered to test the temperature of those bowls or to bring a towel to protect my hands.

Today, I forgot. I think it was a sign that I didn't really want the bowls anymore ;)

There's one more small bowl (they were matching nesting bowls). I might have to just break that one to complete the set. :biglaugh:
 
I also was going to respond but no sympathy button. =]
 
There should at least be a "sad face" button. :( *sniffle*
 
Nah, couldn't bring myself to do it. The lone surviving bowl (there were originally four...or five maybe? Can't remember.)

The last bowl - Edited.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom