What's new

The Coffee House

*Hope for SquarePeg*

It appears my camera may have a light leak according to the last roll of film...
 
*Hope for SquarePeg*

It appears my camera may have a light leak according to the last roll of film...
*Inserts sad face face button*

Seriously, that sucks. Have you been shooting it regularly, or this a recent purchase?
 
*Hope for SquarePeg*

It appears my camera may have a light leak according to the last roll of film...
*Inserts sad face face button*

Seriously, that sucks. Have you been shooting it regularly, or this a recent purchase?

I have had the camera a long time. It was one of my first cameras. Minolta X370. I may have to grab one of the x700's until I get the problem figured out.

All of my images have the soft line on the left.
bLNT0Eol.jpg
 
Last edited:
I'm doing the virtual GIS conference this week. Tonight should be interesting - Public Safety Happy Hour on zoom.

Not sure if anyone can get to this without a conference login, but there is a map competition, every year. This is the third place winner in the Education category - counting DC cats.
Virtual Map Gallery | 2020 Esri User Conference
 
Kitties! !! :586:

I've heard of these kinds of tracking maps. When used on feral cat colonies, local communities can use the data to help with "trap and neuter" efforts, usually done by a Humane Society chapter. Tracking and keeping count lets them know the effectiveness of the venture. :thumbyo:
 
We're using it to trap & neuter firefighters. KIDDING!!!!

They're hard to catch.
 
Dude. This cereal has been in this canister, stored in a plastic storage bin in a dry basement, for more than 10 years. Another one held rice and a third contained popcorn. The fourth was empty. All food smelled a little stale but was otherwise completely unchanged. No mold, no mustiness, no moisture.

I am very impressed and a tiny bit horrended (how did I not know there was food in them when I put them in storage?? What if the seals had not been so totally awesome??) But almost certainly going to keep these canisters!

FB_IMG_1594768262480.webp
 
Gross! You got lucky. As a mom I have seen some pretty nasty cases of things being stored when they were not cleaned out first. Backpack aged peach anyone? No? How about a softball bag of loose gummy bears left for 9 months. No? Half order of McDonald's french fries stuffed in the car side door panel?

I would imagine that there are going to be some pretty nasty school lockers with the way things shut down so suddenly.
 
We once found a 6-8 month old baby bottle under a car seat. RLC was on a soy-based formula so we had a nice aged tofu.
 
We found an atrophied carved pumpkin in my father in law's house, a few years before he died. He put it in a closet and forgot about it.

It looked awesome. :1247:
 
Dude. This cereal has been in this canister, stored in a plastic storage bin in a dry basement, for more than 10 years. Another one held rice and a third contained popcorn. The fourth was empty. All food smelled a little stale but was otherwise completely unchanged. No mold, no mustiness, no moisture.

I am very impressed and a tiny bit horrended (how did I not know there was food in them when I put them in storage?? What if the seals had not been so totally awesome??) But almost certainly going to keep these canisters!

View attachment 194469
Heck yeah, keep those canisters! That's gross, but impressive, too! :lol:
 
It really was oddly gross for food that was so remarkably well-preserved. Seriously, there wasn't even the tiniest hint of any kind of mold or rotting or anything. You'd think it was just a few weeks old instead of a decade. Like I said, I was horrended, despite the non-gross condition of the food, and also mightily impressed.

The canisters were washed thoroughly and are now going through a high-temp dishwasher cycle. They are totally coming with me.
 
And yes, in case y'all haven't caught on by now, I will be moving in a few weeks.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom