What's new

The Coffee House

No other reason to post this photo from yesterday, other than it made me smile, and hope it does the same for others ....

View attachment 195474

After using Flickr for 10 years - the above photo was my first 'Explore'.

I know it's only a Flickr algorithm and doesn't really mean anything, but still quite fun, especially as this was just a quick shot.

I don't dump my Flickr images in hundreds of Groups or Follow ten thousand people - so I never expected to appear in Explore. Probably be another 10 years before my next one :)

Congrats on Explore! I don't understand the Explore algorithm. Saw a post once that it is based on participating in groups, commenting on photos, and if someone who has been explored liked your photo. I think it is all magic fairy dust :)
 
20200802_062720.webp
Hello all. In Jackson doing some things and have better service.
My nephew and I at dawn for the glow on Tetons. He was a good sport and had fun.
Caught up on @20 pages of coffee house news..
Congratulations Limr on the house!!
 
No other reason to post this photo from yesterday, other than it made me smile, and hope it does the same for others ....

View attachment 195474

After using Flickr for 10 years - the above photo was my first 'Explore'.

I know it's only a Flickr algorithm and doesn't really mean anything, but still quite fun, especially as this was just a quick shot.

I don't dump my Flickr images in hundreds of Groups or Follow ten thousand people - so I never expected to appear in Explore. Probably be another 10 years before my next one :)

Looks like I just got Explored too! There is thankyou thread on the Explore discussion group that most says thanks. Your fairy dust must have traveled my way :)


unknown
by Cheryl, on Flickr
 
I don't think I've been probed, er, explored.

Saw this picture the other day and thought of you. Mine will not be winning races any time soon. Lmao.
View attachment 195579

Mine would win if someone opened a can of food or shook a bag of treats at the finish line.
 
No other reason to post this photo from yesterday, other than it made me smile, and hope it does the same for others ....

View attachment 195474

After using Flickr for 10 years - the above photo was my first 'Explore'.

I know it's only a Flickr algorithm and doesn't really mean anything, but still quite fun, especially as this was just a quick shot.

I don't dump my Flickr images in hundreds of Groups or Follow ten thousand people - so I never expected to appear in Explore. Probably be another 10 years before my next one :)

Looks like I just got Explored too! There is thankyou thread on the Explore discussion group that most says thanks. Your fairy dust must have traveled my way :)


unknown
by Cheryl, on Flickr

Well done! That is a really nice image - the green tones, smooth background and sharp subject are excellent. Perhaps membership of this forum is part of the updated algorithm :)
 
Hosers! We were >< this close to being on the THIRD PAGE!!

Work is in progress.

IMG_20200807_144733 - Edited.webp


And wildlife has arrived in the backyard. Saw these two, a family of three rabbits, and a groundhog. I'm going to love my back yard :heartpump:

IMG_20200806_192248 - Edited.webp



@limr, saw this cat shirt on FB. If I still had my cats I would get this one.
Black Cat Ew People 2020 Quarantined Funny by molfun

I need that shirt! :lol:

Sorry for the late reply. Recovering from roofing my son's house. I'm not getting any younger.

Congrats @limr on the new place. Nothing like the freedom to do what you want. Love the new shower curtain.

Saw this picture the other day and thought of you. Mine will not be winning races any time soon. Lmao.

View attachment 195579

Thanks, Ray! Gee, I wonder why that picture would remind you of me :laughing:

Zelda in the sink - Edited.webp
 
Last edited:
Morning all, another hot one here. Already 28 deg c indoors
Love the back garden you are going to have a lot of photo opportunities
 
Does kitty get the full a1 package
Drinks, candles. Nice scented bath gel
 
@CherylL, I need that tee shirt, too! :lol: Showed the link to my husband, so we'll see.

@limr, your backyard is beautiful even without the critters - and of course, there will be lots more. It's going to be so much fun to watch them. Birdbath and feeders up next!

Looks like a major bunch of work going on in there. :icon_eek: What's the project?
 
@CherylL, I need that tee shirt, too! :lol: Showed the link to my husband, so we'll see.

@limr, your backyard is beautiful even without the critters - and of course, there will be lots more. It's going to be so much fun to watch them. Birdbath and feeders up next!

Looks like a major bunch of work going on in there. :icon_eek: What's the project?

A few minor wall repairs, painting, ripping up carpet and laying hardwood floors, sink replacement.
 
@CherylL, I need that tee shirt, too! :lol: Showed the link to my husband, so we'll see.

@limr, your backyard is beautiful even without the critters - and of course, there will be lots more. It's going to be so much fun to watch them. Birdbath and feeders up next!

Looks like a major bunch of work going on in there. :icon_eek: What's the project?

A few minor wall repairs, painting, ripping up carpet and laying hardwood floors, sink replacement.
Fun adult stuff, actually. :boogie: Not grossly expensive but amazing turnarounds to a room. Have fun with it! We'll need pics!
 
Hi all 11pm gmt still 26 deg c indoors. To hot for me. Oh well could be worse
 
Looks good, Leonore.

I was browsing e-books for something related to pandas, a module used in Python programming. The first book title listed: “Pandas Cookbook.” Maybe I’ll keep looking.
 
First coat is finally started. This is primer tinted about 75% so final will be a bit darker. I’m pretty happy with it after all that agonizing.

50EDCAE8-76A0-411A-B762-C100E77E1DB4.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom