What's new

The Coffee House

I totally agree. I went to Cairo many years ago as a very young man. Being less than a world traveler at the time, I eagerly accepted a demitasse of Arab coffee, and asked for black please. OMG! Talk about putting hair in places that shouldn't have hair:icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:
 
I totally agree. I went to Cairo many years ago as a very young man. Being less than a world traveler at the time, I eagerly accepted a demitasse of Arab coffee, and asked for black please. OMG! Talk about putting hair in places that shouldn't have hair:icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

When you order coffee in Turkey, they ask you if you want "şekerli " (with sugar = sweet), "orta" (medium sweet), or "şekersiz (without sugar). They always seemed to be very impressed with a foreign woman asking for şekersiz :)
 
First, the coffee is never quite strong enough for me, even with the darkest roasts. Also, it bothers me to use the disposable pods. I feel guilty every time I throw one away.
That's what makes these little pod-things a complete non-starter for me. Doesn't have to be Keurig; there are so many knock-offs these days. Plus, regular coffee brands think it's clever to package their brand in these plastic pods so they'll work in the Keurig dispensers. As someone who routinely looks for ways to avoid plastics in general, that's a dismaying trend.

I've consulted with my mom, the quintessential 50's housewife, and it's been a pleasant surprise to see how effective a thin cotton kitchen towel is over bowls, for up to a couple of days. I've looked at places like Etsy, who has some very clever people designing cloth bowl covers, in varying sizes, designed with elastic like a shower cap. :lol: I'm so going to invest in a couple of sets!
 
I do not drink coffee. I never have. Can I still hang out in the coffee house?
 
I do not drink coffee. I never have. Can I still hang out in the coffee house?

106o5i.jpg
 
I totally agree. I went to Cairo many years ago as a very young man. Being less than a world traveler at the time, I eagerly accepted a demitasse of Arab coffee, and asked for black please. OMG! Talk about putting hair in places that shouldn't have hair:icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

When you order coffee in Turkey, they ask you if you want "şekerli " (with sugar = sweet), "orta" (medium sweet), or "şekersiz (without sugar). They always seemed to be very impressed with a foreign woman asking for şekersiz :)

I have Turkish coffee and tea sets. Loved when my Turkish daughter lived with us and cooked for me :) She did show me how to make the coffee and tea.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom