What's new

The Coffee House

So, it's been a very long day at work. At least the commute is short.
MLW said the Office Depot up the street is closing - apparently they're "restructuring" by closing stores and laying of up to 13,000 people over the next few years. Sounds a little like Sears. We normally go to Staples, but I'm going by to look for paper & other art-type supplies.

She was looking for a tablet but they shelves were stripped bare, so she's taking me to Best Buy, T-mo or the Apple store over the weekend!

Later - time to start thinking about cake & ice cream (low sugar, I assure you).

maybe try to hold off for Black Friday sales
 
You did a really nice job, Sharon. Well done.
:thumbyo:
 
So, it's been a very long day at work. At least the commute is short.
MLW said the Office Depot up the street is closing - apparently they're "restructuring" by closing stores and laying of up to 13,000 people over the next few years. Sounds a little like Sears. We normally go to Staples, but I'm going by to look for paper & other art-type supplies.

She was looking for a tablet but they shelves were stripped bare, so she's taking me to Best Buy, T-mo or the Apple store over the weekend!

Later - time to start thinking about cake & ice cream (low sugar, I assure you).

maybe try to hold off for Black Friday sales
That's a thought, too.
 
You did a really nice job, Sharon. Well done.
:thumbyo:

Silly bear I just write the checks! Well on the big projects anyway. I do the small stuff myself. I’ll post some before and after on the nice solid wood bookcase I got for free and refurbished. Have to out the shelves in and “style “ it first!
 
So, it's been a very long day at work. At least the commute is short.
MLW said the Office Depot up the street is closing - apparently they're "restructuring" by closing stores and laying of up to 13,000 people over the next few years. Sounds a little like Sears. We normally go to Staples, but I'm going by to look for paper & other art-type supplies.

She was looking for a tablet but they shelves were stripped bare, so she's taking me to Best Buy, T-mo or the Apple store over the weekend!

Later - time to start thinking about cake & ice cream (low sugar, I assure you).

Office Depot and Office Max merged stores around here. Sad that more jobs are lost.
 
View attachment 197927 View attachment 197928

Obviously landscaping is still not done and walkway needs new “grout” or whatever it’s called but almost done! Plants and grass will wait until next year. I think I’m going to change the hardware and kick plates on the doors to a dark bronze. Rustoleum makes a great paint called Oil Rubbed Bronze that looks beautiful on everything metal.

I love the colors! Brings out the bricks and the slate walkway.
 
Busy day here with deliveries. First Instacart, then Amazon and then a Fedex delivery from B&H. New lens!
The pups checking out the booster car seat. Oscar took ownership.

NewCarSeatSMALLw.webp
 
My day just got a bit better.
This was because of the dogs.

I love animals.
They are nicer than human.

Now, have a nice weekend! <3
Lots of animal lovers here! You have a nice weekend, too - come back to the Coffee House soon. :)
 
Hosers.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: it is a cruel fact of life that one must make coffee before having had coffee.
 
My day just got a bit better.
This was because of the dogs.

I love animals.
They are nicer than human.

Now, have a nice weekend! <3


Only some:)
 
Keurig: best invention evah!

I kinda wish those worked for me, but they don't. I have one at work to use in a pinch, but I don't like it at home. First, the coffee is never quite strong enough for me, even with the darkest roasts. Also, it bothers me to use the disposable pods. I feel guilty every time I throw one away. Which brings me to third - because I don't like to use the disposable, I bought some refillable ones. They are better because I can use my own coffee and pack it tighter to make a stronger cup of coffee. But they are fussy and it's a pita to clean them. I could pre-fill them, but then the coffee gets stale and it defeats the purpose of a fresh cup of coffee every time.

So by the time I factor in the fuss of the refillable pods to ease my environmental guilt and to wring a good, strong cup of coffee, I figure I might as well just stick to my French press or stove-top Bioletti :)

Ironically, the mistake I made this morning was to forget I had already put grounds in the French press, so I added them again and made a TOO strong pot of coffee. It was okay at first - basically tasted like espresso. And I like espresso. But there's a reason espresso is served in small cups. It's best in small doses, not in full-sized mugs :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom