The Coffee House

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by snowbear, Nov 1, 2014.

1. snowbear

snowbear fuzzy-wuzzy Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Sorry about the first three, congrat's on the last. We're all pulling for you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Same here. I have problems where they keep making movies in a series, but jump around. I have to think to much to figure out where I'm at

3. snowbear

snowbear fuzzy-wuzzy Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I'll have to try and check them out. Not sure where I'm staying but the conference is at the University. I'll be flying up and Lyft/Ubering around.

• Like Like x 1
  4. davidharmier60

davidharmier60 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Nighty night folks. Have a nice Thursday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

5. limr

limr Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    PAUL!! :clap:

The idea to go to Montreal is a brand-spanking new idea as of a couple of days ago. We still have to actually make plans. But I'll say 'Allo to folks up there for ya :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. pgriz

pgriz Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    C'est BONJOUR! Hi! Much as the francophone nationalists try to pretend that Montreal is a french-only city, the reality is that pretty much everyone here is at least bilingual, and usually tri-lingual or better. We're in an apparently perpetual rebuild of the major arteries of the city, and we celebrate the fact with our Orange Cone festival, which are creatively installed at all street corners where you actually want to get somewhere. As well, our well-known citizen Almonde Barré has a lot of streets named after him, as in Rue Barré. But that's for the car-using folk. For those with good leg muscles, you can walk, jog, run, sprint, or bike pretty much anywhere. Let me know if you want a rundown of the mandatory tourist traps to see/avoid, and the places which will play nice with your camera (assuming you are bringing it). If you reddit, the montreal subreddit has decent information.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dean_Gretsch

Dean_Gretsch Always looking... Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Apparently we had a rare night-time tornado come through Wilkes-Barre about an hour ago. Damage to the largest shopping area, possible entrapment and minor injuries from vehicles being turned over. Could have been really bad if it had been a couple hours earlier when all the restaurants/stores would have been full.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Fujidave

Fujidave Blue eyed and Beautiful Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Much needed rain here today, the gardens will love it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. smoke665

Photos OK to edit
    Wow,
    Wow hope there are no serious injuries. Nighttime tornados are my biggest fear. It's like being in a pitch black room knowing there's 12 ga pointed somewhere but not knowing which way.

10. Gary A.

Gary A. Been spending a lot of time on here!

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. World Cup starts today. A very interesting collage on the front of the LA Times Sports section. There are 32 thumbnail photos of faces, each face is painted up to represent the flag of a participating nation. It is quite interesting. Today is Samy Thursday and Samy's Camera is running three pages of camera stuff under their "No Tax Banner". Pentax 645Z (body) for $3999 out the door, a full page of Canon along with the usual suspects.

Yesterday wasn't a good day. Miss Maggie had some bug which kept her down. Her right eye was full of gunk when I woke up yesterday. Gary cleaned it up and Mary Lou administered some drops. Usually she accompanies Gary getting the morning paper, but not yesterday. She didn't want to go on her walk. She wouldn't eat her usual food, but did eat the eggs we made her for breakfast and dinner. On the course of the day, she stayed close to us and all we did was rest with her, watching a pair of NetFlixs and Gary worked on the recliner with his laptop. This morning she jumped up to get the paper and bounced out the door. Hopefully, it was just a 24 hour bug, but Gary will walk her through a different park today, one with a lake but no creek for her to run through.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Gary A.

Gary A. Been spending a lot of time on here!

We could use some rain out here, (that is on a loop). 64F presently but should warm up into the 80's. Gary needs to make a wine run to Temecula, but will wait until next week when the temps are back in the 70's.

12. smoke665

Photos OK to edit

Hope Ms Maggie gets over the bug quickly. Unfortunately they sometimes eat things they shouldn't.