What's new

The Coffee House

Having bought a super big background at 8x8, my white fluffy blanket is too short. Ordered a 9 ft one yesterday and delivered today. My first background from last year was only about 5 ft wide that I went overboard. The new background is microfiber and thru it in the dryer with a damp towel and most wrinkles disappeared.
Sounds great - got your projects lined up?

Pups go first after they get groomed. It is set up in the basement now and still arranging items. I'll tear it all down and set up in the garage for the one day session with the grands. One of the grands is in quarantine due to a classmate exposure. We have been social distancing to a greater degree with the grands since they have been back at school full time.
 
close restaurants and non essential businesses at 9:30pm

Never understood how COVID gets more contagious as the night progressed, unless it's like the old Mickey Gillis song "Don't the girls (guys) all get prettier at closing time". :allteeth:

A mystery to me like the 15 minute rule or the gatherings of 10 people. Magic numbers??

I believe it's about viral load. The fewer people in a room, or the less time they spend in a room, the lower the potential amount of virus that builds up in the air. This all helps reduce the viral load a person may end up being infected with, which makes it more likely their immune system can fight it off.
 
close restaurants and non essential businesses at 9:30pm

Never understood how COVID gets more contagious as the night progressed, unless it's like the old Mickey Gillis song "Don't the girls (guys) all get prettier at closing time". :allteeth:

close restaurants and non essential businesses at 9:30pm

Never understood how COVID gets more contagious as the night progressed, unless it's like the old Mickey Gillis song "Don't the girls (guys) all get prettier at closing time". :allteeth:

A mystery to me like the 15 minute rule or the gatherings of 10 people. Magic numbers??

I believe in MA the early closings of the restaurant and liquor stores and the 10 person or less rule is to stop the parties that are happening with the 20 and. 30 somethings. With bars being closed here still, they are gathering indoors or “dining” at restaurants - mostly drinking and socializing and not respecting the social distancing guidelines. Boston is full of college students and young people with no where to go.
 
Having bought a super big background at 8x8, my white fluffy blanket is too short. Ordered a 9 ft one yesterday and delivered today. My first background from last year was only about 5 ft wide that I went overboard. The new background is microfiber and thru it in the dryer with a damp towel and most wrinkles disappeared.

All of my standard backgrounds are 10'x20' rolled on tubes, except for a few smaller ones that I use for head shots, and still I have issues sometimes with FOV trying to separate the subject from the background enough. Are you planning on lighting it? Wrinkles can be a problem even rolling them, which is why I have a little hand held steamer. You can find them less than $20 and they really works great on last min touch up.
 
Having bought a super big background at 8x8, my white fluffy blanket is too short. Ordered a 9 ft one yesterday and delivered today. My first background from last year was only about 5 ft wide that I went overboard. The new background is microfiber and thru it in the dryer with a damp towel and most wrinkles disappeared.

All of my standard backgrounds are 10'x20' rolled on tubes, except for a few smaller ones that I use for head shots, and still I have issues sometimes with FOV trying to separate the subject from the background enough. Are you planning on lighting it? Wrinkles can be a problem even rolling them, which is why I have a little hand held steamer. You can find them less than $20 and they really works great on last min touch up.

I have 2 continuous lights. Working on their placement. If I do a even cross light subjects may be too flat, but at the same time I want the backdrop to be evenly lit. I plan to darken with a vignette in post so not too worried about the edges.
 
So anyone know what's up with Derrel???? Hasn't posted since late Sept, and not seen since Oct 4th. Unusual considering he's always been active and has now gone silent??? Given the pandemic still going, that's worrisome.
 
So anyone know what's up with Derrel???? Hasn't posted since late Sept, and not seen since Oct 4th. Unusual considering he's always been active and has now gone silent??? Given the pandemic still going, that's worrisome.


Hopefully he is ok. He and another member got into a bit of back and forth. He may be taking a break.
 
Hi there!
 
So anyone know what's up with Derrel???? Hasn't posted since late Sept, and not seen since Oct 4th. Unusual considering he's always been active and has now gone silent??? Given the pandemic still going, that's worrisome.


Hopefully he is ok. He and another member got into a bit of back and forth. He may be taking a break.
Pretty sure that's all it is. He's been known to take breaks from here before, too. Life gets busy. He always circles back around. :)
 
I can see it’s going to be one of those days.
One dog is taking up one end of the sofa and the pillows and the other dog has taken the other end, now the cat is looking at the sm gap between the two of them.
Ummmmmm wonder how comfortable the dogs bed is.......
 
I can see it’s going to be one of those days.
One dog is taking up one end of the sofa and the pillows and the other dog has taken the other end, now the cat is looking at the sm gap between the two of them.
Ummmmmm wonder how comfortable the dogs bed is.......

Our dog sheds a lot so we have one couch covered with a sheet for her to lay on but of course she prefers to make herself at home on my spot on the other couch. The other night I realized she had not only taken over both couches but she had all the throw pillows too!
 
Our dog sheds a lot so we have one couch covered with a sheet for her to lay on but of course she prefers to make herself at home on my spot on the other couch.

Sadiemae rules our house-

aaf6bcf134045d18f26a5e393a1b9782.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom