What's new

The Coffee House

I had a fun day yesterday. Late afternoon photos with a young couple and 2 children. They are friends of our daughter and we have known the wife since she was in middle school. Their children don't know me so the first thing I did was tell them the plan. We were going to take a short walk (sort of) and stop a few times with stand and smile photos. We would also do fun photos along the way. About the 3rd location I had the 9yo pose everyone. She was all in after that :) Fall colors, a warm day and the kids had fun. I asked the 4yo what was his favorite and he said he like being an airplane best. We also did a few bunny hops.
 
Musical chairs ...pet style
 

Attachments

  • 5FDB8613-5705-4C73-98CE-13D3405E6911.webp
    5FDB8613-5705-4C73-98CE-13D3405E6911.webp
    413.1 KB · Views: 36
  • C9C66F2C-9220-443F-A228-E3D842A407A3.webp
    C9C66F2C-9220-443F-A228-E3D842A407A3.webp
    657 KB · Views: 58
1/2 frame?
35mm, but not the current canisters. Apparently there was an early 35mm film canister design, from 1928 (the camera model began produciton in 1932), that uses two "D" shaped containers. The right side contained unexposed film and the left side was a take-up can (opposite of today). This camera has both sides, so I should be able to load some Tri-X.

I haven't researched enough to look for any type of user's manual or to figure out an approximate build date.
 
Our dog sheds a lot so we have one couch covered with a sheet for her to lay on but of course she prefers to make herself at home on my spot on the other couch.

Sadiemae rules our house-

View attachment 200000
A lot like rules for non-cat people, except the last one goes "To me, s/he is the boss who is short ..."

Notice I said non-cat people - there are no cat owners. Dogs have owners, cats have staff.
 
Dogs have owners, cats have staff.

You've never had a Brittany in the house. They only "choose" to listen to you, when you have something more interesting than the current object of their attention. By and large Sadie Mae is a sweetheart, but even she has her moments. Our first Britt was a couple years old, before she figured out her name wasn't really MILLIEDAMMIT. LOL
 
You've never had a Brittany in the house. They only "choose" to listen to you, when you have something more interesting than the current object of their attention.
Like teenagers.
 
Morning all, sat here on hold for the doc’s
I have been told there is life beyond being on hold.... I don’t believe
 
It's official - negative COVID test result, so I'm go for Maine. I just need to verify regulations for Connecticut, New York & Pennsylvania in case I decide I can't drive straight through (I'm OK for Massachusetts).
 
A kitty update...they were doing pretty well, and then came the diagnosis of a parasitic infection. Rose got through it all right, but it really kicked little Sage's butt. We had to run her back to the vet this week and check her out. She was - surprisingly - given the all clear, and they are now both off the antibiotics. Her turnaround since Monday has been remarkable! Within half a day, she went from napping a lot and rather listless play to bouncing off the walls.

Now, she and her sister Rose are officially doing much, much better. I'm so relieved. These little kitties were much sicker than we thought initially. The vet still wants them back in 2 weeks and do the usual testing for feline leukemia, though he says there's not really a lot of that around here. But because we don't know where they came from, and we may still be giving them away, they have to have the final all clear. If we could guess the test results based on energy, appetite and playfulness, I'd say they already passed. :lol:

Some pics from the last few days. These first few were taken right after I walked into our closet, where we've got the litter and bed set up, and was met by a wild party the likes of which you've never seen: litter flung everywhere, clothes torn down from hangers, clothes hamper upended - they had a fine time celebrating their new-found energy. After we cleaned everything up, I got down on the floor with them and they pounced.

These were taken in a dark closet, and are blurry, but I was laughing so much it didn't matter.

Being attacked by Sage:

Attacked by Sage.webp



And then being attacked by Rose:

Attacked by Rose.webp




Finally deciding to settle down and cuddle (Rose is the ginger in the front, Sage in the back), so I could get a better picture. Note that third eyelid is still showing, but has receded a bit:

Girls on the pillow.webp



And another nap later in the day:

kitties on the chair.webp



They're sweet when they're sleeping. Been a roller coaster last couple of weeks, and I'm about toast! :icon_crazy:
 
TGI Freakin Friday Hosers! Friday the 13th 2020 - what could possibly go wrong? Personally plan on hiding in my house all day today lol.
 
Yes, Friday the 13th in 2020! Time to venture out, where I could a) get hit by a car, b) catch Covid or 3) be chased by the local hyenas. <- We're in the country, and can hear them howling at night. They're creepy.

Or yeah, stay indoors and play with kittens. Tonight is pizza and red wine. Not a bad way to end the week. :1247:
 
Kitties pizza and wine! I’ll be right over lol.
 
I've got kitties and wine, but no pizza. Mmm, pizza.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom