What's new

The Coffee House

Hey hosers.

Behold, my new "built in" bookshelves! Six more shorter shelves will be going up around the corner. We have the wood and it's been painted, but we need more screws.

FB_IMG_1609518949188.webp
 
Has anyone seen the previews for 2021? Is it better than the last one?
 
Happy New Year! Looks good. If I may suggest: maybe paint the screw heads white for uniform aesthetics?

Good suggestion. The brackets are also a much cooler shade of white and I figured I would paint them to match the wall. I was also going to load a shelf with books first to see how it looks and if it still bothers me.
 
Happy New Year! Looks good. If I may suggest: maybe paint the screw heads white for uniform aesthetics?

Good suggestion. The brackets are also a much cooler shade of white and I figured I would paint them to match the wall. I was also going to load a shelf with books first to see how it looks and if it still bothers me.
Won't the books pretty much cover all that up? Looks like they're all on the inside and may not really show.

It can be hard to gauge this kind of thing - something you think might stand out like a sore thumb while you're working turns out to be barely noticeable when finished. Looking great so far - and yeah, I think you moved pretty fast on this project - looking good!
 
Books?!? You mean it won’t just be filled with tchotchkes and photos like mine?

59B83D40-90E6-4975-A061-269756658665.webp
 
And what's sitting on one of the shelves already? Coffee cup. :biggrin-93:
I like the looks of that nice big window back there...

I have books, and other... things. Like hockey pucks of course.

Thanks to NESN and Hockey East there's a triple header of games today. Usually colleges are on break but this season, schedules are all over the place. World Jrs. start elimination games tomorrow, the USA looks good, so does Team Canada, Russia, and Sweden.
 
And what's sitting on one of the shelves already? Coffee cup. :biggrin-93:
I like the looks of that nice big window back there...

Naturally, it's a coffee cup ;)

That window is actually a sliding glass door to the backyard.

The girls approve:

135102042_10158109512589007_3128887086719246555_o.jpg


133799036_10158109512659007_4666993441547299753_o.jpg
 
Won't the books pretty much cover all that up? Looks like they're all on the inside and may not really show.

It can be hard to gauge this kind of thing - something you think might stand out like a sore thumb while you're working turns out to be barely noticeable when finished. Looking great so far - and yeah, I think you moved pretty fast on this project - looking good!

That's why I am going to put the books up before I decide. I still have too many boxes of books to move from the old place, so I am sure that I am going to be reorganizing the books at some point when they are all under one roof, so if I decide that I want to paint the brackets, then I will do it when I have the books off the shelves for the reorganization.
 
reorganizing the books
Oh ho! That's a task that usually leads to great distraction. Stacks of "to be read" or "to be re-read" books suddenly appear. ;)
 
reorganizing the books
Oh ho! That's a task that usually leads to great distraction. Stacks of "to be read" or "to be re-read" books suddenly appear. ;)

I usually have mine initially divided into fiction and non-fiction. The fiction books are then alphebtized by author. Except for the Hemingways - they are separated. I am thinking of making the bookcase in my bedroom the "Lost Generation" authors and artists, and books about them. If you couldn't tell, I've got a thing for early 20th century art and lit ;)

The non-fiction books are further subcategorized into Lingustics/Language/Literature, History, Biography, Science and Math, Religion, Law, and - and this is the most technical category - Random :biglaugh:

And so help me, I have a label maker now, so there may be labels for each shelf, just like in a bookstore :bek181:

In other news, here, have a meme! :D

135618797_10157489356391744_4606966940489218895_n.jpg
 
Hi all, took me some time to find you as had slipped off page 1
Coffee spluttered over I pad.... just taken mouthful of coffee and it’s cold and it looks like that I used the wrong mug
It does explain why I can’t find mug of OJ
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom