What's new

The Coffee House

It started snowing this afternoon about 4, I guess, melting as soon as it hit the ground. It as since gotten colder and it's sticking to the grass. Expecting up to about 5", regionally util it quits tomorrow; actually calling for snow/sleet mix in SoMD. Snow again, possible, on Saturday (and two days next week)
 
Morning all it’s now to cold for snow here, sat wrapped up drinking coffee
I turned up the heating last night but forgot it takes a couple of days before the underfloor heating will make a difference that I will notice brrrrrrrr
 
Sat here going slightly mad, trying to sort out Mrs estate.
Because all accounts were in here name and she had kept her previous name no one will even talk to me until I have sent marriage and death certificates. Arrrrrrrrrr
On a brighter have been looking to upgrade for some time, before she died Mrs said to use some of the money when I got it(see top ) and get the camera I was looking at and to keep up with the photography
She used to set me challenges or suggest ideas, and very keen that I kept doing things like that
 
Sat here going slightly mad, trying to sort out Mrs estate.
Because all accounts were in here name and she had kept her previous name no one will even talk to me until I have sent marriage and death certificates. Arrrrrrrrrr
On a brighter have been looking to upgrade for some time, before she died Mrs said to use some of the money when I got it(see top ) and get the camera I was looking at and to keep up with the photography
She used to set me challenges or suggest ideas, and very keen that I kept doing things like that

Yes - the Probate process can be frustrating, at a time you don't really need frustrations. And great idea to keep up with your interests. Look after your health too.
 
Happy Chinese New Year.

Photo from out Lunar New Year's Eve dinner on the beach. Apologies to anyone suffering from snow and ice this winter. (And I think selective color can look cool, and don't care what anyone says :-)

2021-02-12_01-30-40_20210212153914124.webp
 
I like the snow. Except the shoveling it’s beautiful.
 
I like the snow. Except the shoveling it’s beautiful.
Encourage Princess to get a muscular boyfriend; even if it only lasts until Spring.
 
Morning all
Just found out where all the wind is comming through the windows yea right where I sit
Mind you half an hour and a roll of gaffs tape cured the problem lol
 
If you're in Texas (or elsewhere being impacted by this new polar vortex), hope you stay safe - and warm! I was still living in Texas when one hit, and it killed back our orange tree significantly, but we didn't lose power.

This one's worse - nearly 3 million without power reported in Texas alone - among them, my sister- and mother-in-law, who lives with my sister-in-law. They texted us this morning to report their power went out around 5 AM today, and it's currently showing 11' F outside their window. :eek: Cold, cold, cold. She's been comforted by having a generator built into her house, but it never occurred to her to maintain it. She turned it on and it ran for about 2 minutes and then died, and it's covered with ice. So they are huddled around a gas fireplace and bundled up. Their only saving grace is that they do have natural gas, so they can cook on the stove top and take hot showers.

Brrr-r-r-r-r! We're very fortunate that it didn't travel to the Southeast USA.
 
Still raining here, (central NC), but good news is it's above freezing so no more ice and most of us have our power back. But forecast is for more rain, ice, snow, etc. What Texas is getting now we get in 2 days. Just half way through Feb and we are already 3 inches above normal in rain.

Rinse, repeat. sigh

I'd rather have snow.
 
And for something different lol
I have ordered on line a new sofa. Due 18th
booked rubbish removers for 17th so ok so far all organised
Just looked at e mail not expecting anything new and the msg
the sofa is now being delivered on 16th my thought was


Oh
upload_2021-2-15_21-3-2.webp
 

Attachments

  • 58679880-B3D9-40B3-9CBE-090C9298BBBE.webp
    58679880-B3D9-40B3-9CBE-090C9298BBBE.webp
    5.3 KB · Views: 31
If you're in Texas (or elsewhere being impacted by this new polar vortex), hope you stay safe - and warm! I was still living in Texas when one hit, and it killed back our orange tree significantly, but we didn't lose power.

This one's worse - nearly 3 million without power reported in Texas alone - among them, my sister- and mother-in-law, who lives with my sister-in-law. They texted us this morning to report their power went out around 5 AM today, and it's currently showing 11' F outside their window. :eek: Cold, cold, cold. She's been comforted by having a generator built into her house, but it never occurred to her to maintain it. She turned it on and it ran for about 2 minutes and then died, and it's covered with ice. So they are huddled around a gas fireplace and bundled up. Their only saving grace is that they do have natural gas, so they can cook on the stove top and take hot showers.

Brrr-r-r-r-r! We're very fortunate that it didn't travel to the Southeast USA.

My nephew just loves to the Houston area from CA. They have no power and roads are all ice. He’s from NH so he’s used to the cold but his gf is from CA and is not loving it. The southern half of the US is not used to nor do they have the equipment to deal with this type of weather so it’s always ten times worse than it would be here. That is par for the course of winter around here and work crews usually get it fixed quickly.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom