What's new

The Coffee House

^^Exactly. I chatted with my mom earlier today - she looked at the radar and wasn't sure if I was out of the line of this storm or not, so she wanted reassurance since it's such a doozy. I grew up in Michigan and it never fails to amuse me how this state decompensates over the thought of snow. But, of course, it's not frugal to have a fleet of salt trucks to deal with something that may or may not happen any given winter - around here, we throw sand on ice. :lol: So cute.

Still no power at SIL's house, but they are making do.
 
Kitten update!

Remember these precious little babies, found outside last October, sitting by a dumpster before a hurricane?

Snuggling.webp


Of course you do, because they are unforgettable! :heartpump: After my husband and I nursed them back to health, we gave them to a retired vet - the vet we'd been going to for some years, who sold her practice to our (now) current vet. We knew 4 cats in our small house was a stretch, and the older cats were jumpy and nervous the entire month we had them - that month worked because they were tiny enough to be quite happy to stay in our master bathroom. Which would not have lasted much longer.

We have to buy cat food at this clinic, since it's a prescription. Hubby went in to buy some today, and asked as usual for any news. It turns out, the girls were there, getting spayed! I wasn't there, and he didn't pester the technician to let him have a peek, as they had just finished the procedures and were in recovery. But he was told that they are healthy, strong and happy in their new home. He also didn't ask if the vet had given them new names (they are known as Rose and Sage in this photo), but we'll find out. Amazing as it seems, this is the first time anyone's been there who has been able to speak about the kittens since we dropped them off right before Thanksgiving. We usually duck in and out due to Covid restrictions, and it's a different tech each time.

They weigh 5 pounds now. Healthy. Happy. Gorgeous. And I miss them terribly and regret giving them away, even though it's a happy ending for them. ;)
 
Kitten update!

Remember these precious little babies, found outside last October, sitting by a dumpster before a hurricane?

View attachment 203564

Of course you do, because they are unforgettable! :heartpump: After my husband and I nursed them back to health, we gave them to a retired vet - the vet we'd been going to for some years, who sold her practice to our (now) current vet. We knew 4 cats in our small house was a stretch, and the older cats were jumpy and nervous the entire month we had them - that month worked because they were tiny enough to be quite happy to stay in our master bathroom. Which would not have lasted much longer.

We have to buy cat food at this clinic, since it's a prescription. Hubby went in to buy some today, and asked as usual for any news. It turns out, the girls were there, getting spayed! I wasn't there, and he didn't pester the technician to let him have a peek, as they had just finished the procedures and were in recovery. But he was told that they are healthy, strong and happy in their new home. He also didn't ask if the vet had given them new names (they are known as Rose and Sage in this photo), but we'll find out. Amazing as it seems, this is the first time anyone's been there who has been able to speak about the kittens since we dropped them off right before Thanksgiving. We usually duck in and out due to Covid restrictions, and it's a different tech each time.

They weigh 5 pounds now. Healthy. Happy. Gorgeous. And I miss them terribly and regret giving them away, even though it's a happy ending for them. ;)

Yay, kitties! That picture kills me dead :586: I know you made the best decision for them, but I know you miss them and we're missing them right along with you! I'm glad they are doing so well and that we get updates.
 
Our monkey rescue is having volunteers not come in.. what monkey rescue?? :monkey: (that's a new one to me, I assume it's at the zoo, I just saw they closed this afternoon).

Other closures include our large local pizza chain, which I've never seen listed as closed; their call center is near where I worked (and by local I mean the greater city area, not out here in the boonies where I live!). The ferry isn't running, takes a lot for that to happen.

Good grief, the interstate looks empty! well, only momentarily, a local station is still on with news. The usual thing when it snows is for people to hop in their cars and race around like maniacs. This is bad enough there's actually hardly anyone on even the highways.

And now there's no curling! They could just move that out to the middle of a street, roads they're showing that are usually busy are mostly empty. I've heard some ice hitting but from here northward mostly it's been snow and they were still saying 8-10". Earlier today I heard a songbird, it was being optimistic!

I'm just glad I don't have to go out in this, and hope nobody else needs to, and everyone stays safe.
 
morning all sat here on the kitchen stool waiting for sofa to arrive lol
 
Yay, kitties! That picture kills me dead :586: I know you made the best decision for them, but I know you miss them and we're missing them right along with you! I'm glad they are doing so well and that we get updates.
Since the moment I got back into the car with an empty carrier last November, I've been second-guessing myself. I knew all the downsides, but was still very zen about the entire thing while they were here. It definitely helps to get updates and see that they are doing perfectly fine. Of COURSE they are - the only person who would have gotten them was this retired vet, and I figured I had 50-50 odds that they'd stay with me. But it's okay. Sorta.

Finn and Bex are absolutely certain the right decision was made, of course. Brats. :tongue-44:
 
Baby kitties! :heartpump::heartpump: Still adorable.

Well, maybe only a few more days on the Emergency Rent Assistance project. The dataset design is done and all but two fields are loaded. I don't have numbers for the last two fields, so those will get put in when someone with the right connections gives them to me. The project is in support of a COVID grant to help those that have been impacted by the pandemic and need help paying their rent.
 
7B7AFE8E-E564-4FEF-B531-AF57383392EE.webp
 
Don’t understand lol

Do they have Ground Hog Day in the UK? It’s a ridiculous tradition where men in tophats go into a cave and bring out Punxsutawney Phil who is a groundhog. If he sees his shadow that means they’ll be six more weeks of winter. This year he saw his shadow. Again, it’s completely ridiculous. There is also a movie by that name with Bill Murray that is about a man who repeats the same day over and over. So sometimes people in the US refer to “Groundhog Day” meaning it’s more of the same.

Good morning all. Great news! Our son in law got orders for Rhode Island. Only about 5 1/2 hr drive to see the grandbabies! Sure beats Key West or Ketchikan, Alaska:1219:

Yeah! Lots of great places to shoot in RI and some pretty beaches. Of course any good excuse to head to AK or the Keys would have been fine with me...
 
A57EDFC5-41CB-451C-B0DE-F9772BF939C1.webp
055A3321-CA34-4EAD-A559-F48A26E6D67A.webp
 
No ground hog day here
We have a lot of wife tails and superstitious
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom