What's new

The Coffee House

I agree the dry heat is easier to take than the humidity at 90 here but 105 is still 105! Not for me at all! I’m getting ready to step into my vampire mode when I am only outdoors between 6pm and 9am unless I am on my covered deck or it’s a cloudy day.

Yup, hot is still hot. Part of it for me is that even in cooler temperatures, the sun is way too strong. It just *hurts* and it didn't used to - and I've even got that Mediterranean olive complexion, so I've got skin that can handle sun exposure. But it's not that I'm getting sun burns (it would take me a long time to burn and I would never be in the sun that long), it's that even after only a few minutes, being in the direct sun just hurts. I recently saw a chart that showed that summer temperatures are definitely rising, so I don't think that I'm just not remembering how hot it used to be or how I used to feel in the sun. And I also don't think it's simply a matter of being personally less tolerant of heat than I used to be. These are factors, I'm sure, but I'm also sure that there are quantifiable scientific reasons regarding the climate as well.

Here's the Instagram post with animation: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CeL_y8UgWv-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

And the longer article/explanation of the data: What’s Going On in This Graph? | Hotter Summers
 
Morning all, we have a nice sunny day with a lovely breeze here.
 
Today I am going to one of the very few places on the English mainland where Red Squirrels live, I should have some decent shot by the weekend....:encouragement:
 
Here come the roses! I worked my tail off last fall creating these beds and getting 10 rose bushes planted while waiting for the fence materials to come in. By the time they were able to install the fence the roses had died off for the season so I didn’t really get to see them together. The roses should get up to 4ft tall which will put them above the 3 1/2 ft fence but they are already peeking through the pickets.


A75FE415-76EB-4E79-B1A1-AFAEFFB36B01.webp
A1B2AF54-D641-4AE0-A1CC-91F81E57CBE4.webp
 
Oh, I like those roses against the white fence, nice! I'm planning to have some planting done but not sure when, have things with the house to take priority.

I thought the pollen and I had an agreement, I stay in, it stays outside! It's sneaking into my territory and making my eyes puff up. Waiting for the rain later to wash it down!!
 
'Blitzkreig Bop', The Ramones. That's a song to get the morning going. Hey ho.

Down to under 200 songs to go. Lots of The Smiths, Depeche Mode. How is it possible one of their band just passed away? The band announced it last week but no info. about what happened, seemed sudden... Some people seem to leave us too soon.
 
Still waiting for the peonies around here to pop. These buds are fat and round, and they must be putting out some kind of sap or nectar since the ants love them. :lol:

Temps are moderating back down after a spike the last couple of days. @SquarePeg your roses look wonderful against that fence! Are you putting up the pool this summer?
 
My peonies hardly came up! Everybody's are looking bad this year, or really late. I hope they come back better next summer! I have pink, white, and red. With ants!! yes the ants like them!
poor ants...

C'mon, let's rock 'n roll with the Ramones.
 
Oh, I like those roses against the white fence, nice! I'm planning to have some planting done but not sure when, have things with the house to take priority.

I thought the pollen and I had an agreement, I stay in, it stays outside! It's sneaking into my territory and making my eyes puff up. Waiting for the rain later to wash it down!!
The pollen has been absolutely terrible this year. I think the trees loved how late winter lasted and then it’s been super windy here. The pollen and I have an agreement too - it kicks my butt and I draw smiley faces on my car.
Still waiting for the peonies around here to pop. These buds are fat and round, and they must be putting out some kind of sap or nectar since the ants love them. :lol:

Temps are moderating back down after a spike the last couple of days. @SquarePeg your roses look wonderful against that fence! Are you putting up the pool this summer?
The ants do love the sap on the peonies - once you see the ants the flowers will pop soon! Yea putting up the pool soon. Yesterday I remodeled my closet with one of those diy kits. Have three huge bags of clothes to donate. Found some stuff in a box from the Red Sox 2004 World Series win and a bag of Princess’s favorite tshirts from when she was little. Yep I’m a sentimental hoarder.
 
It really is lovely to see so many here who have Ponies as they are lovely animals.

Edit : OOOPs you mean Peonies that flower beautifully lol
 
Looking like a nice sunny day at the moment, so off for a mooch soon.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom