What's new

The Coffee House

Happy Anniversary!!

Not a retirement thing for you, is it?

Watched some of the Queen's Jubilee. Someone I follow related to needlework is on the coast of Cornwall and they lighted one of the beacons where she lives, kind of cool to see.
 
My peonies hardly came up! Everybody's are looking bad this year, or really late. I hope they come back better next summer! I have pink, white, and red. With ants!! yes the ants like them!
poor ants...

C'mon, let's rock 'n roll with the Ramones.
I heard you:



Saw this, heard the Ramones, stopped and shot just north of Guelph, Ontario:
EnnotvillePetsAAAaAFX.webp
 
Nerd alert - Harlie and I just watched the first 3 episodes of Obi-Wan Kenobi. So far very entertaining!
Try Babylon Berlin or Peaky Blinders if you missed 'em.
 
Happy Anniversary!!

Not a retirement thing for you, is it?

Watched some of the Queen's Jubilee. Someone I follow related to needlework is on the coast of Cornwall and they lighted one of the beacons where she lives, kind of cool to see.
Thank you - 38 years.

No, one of the Fire/EMS Lieutenants, and our former GS Cookie pusher (her daughter was the Girl Scout). I'm going to be the office poltergeist.
 
Morning everyone, looks like another sunny and warm day out, so a mooch is in order for the day.
 
Started up my sprinkler system yesterday, tomorrow morning will be the first full cycle watering.
 
Happy Friday, hosers!

It's June.

That's all I got. ;)

Happy Friday!

One more day into June means one more day towards days getting shorter again and the eventual end of summer. These are the things that make me happy :) Also having Fridays off through the end of July.

Getting a new lawn mower today. The one my sister gave me was just not right for me or my lawn. It is a giant commercial mower that I can barely manage, and I don't have a very large lawn so it was like killing a mosquito with a shotgun. Also, mice ate through a spark plug wire over the winter and it wasn't working.

So a friend of Buzz's actually wanted to buy it as-is (it's a very easy fix to replace the wire) and now I have money to get myself a new mower that is more appropriate for my needs and ability to use it without putting my life - or at least the life of plants I don't want to cut down - at risk.
 
Happy Friday!

One more day into June means one more day towards days getting shorter again and the eventual end of summer. These are the things that make me happy :) Also having Fridays off through the end of July.

Getting a new lawn mower today. The one my sister gave me was just not right for me or my lawn. It is a giant commercial mower that I can barely manage, and I don't have a very large lawn so it was like killing a mosquito with a shotgun. Also, mice ate through a spark plug wire over the winter and it wasn't working.

So a friend of Buzz's actually wanted to buy it as-is (it's a very easy fix to replace the wire) and now I have money to get myself a new mower that is more appropriate for my needs and ability to use it without putting my life - or at least the life of plants I don't want to cut down - at risk.
I got a Ryobi battery powered mower last year and love it. Nice and quiet and no nasty fumes. It’s a self propelled and very easy to manage.
 
I got a Ryobi battery powered mower last year and love it. Nice and quiet and no nasty fumes. It’s a self propelled and very easy to manage.

That's what I just got! A Ryobi, battery-powered and self-propelled, and it came with an extra battery. Just got back and am charging the batteries before I test it out in a few hours.
 
Last edited:
I have a Milwaukee battery powered string trimmer. Long enough that I'm not constantly bending over.

Took a crap load of cookbooks to the dump over the past couple days, and more on the way. Not sure what mom was thinking of - there were duplicates of duplicates.

Going to celebrate the 38 on Sunday with dinner.

Took a walk across the street at lunch time to deliver a map: cloudy and warm but not muggy. A nice day, overall.
 
Morning everyone overcast and very breezy here with rain due, so a day in today for me. Had a great day at the Brighton Fringe yesterday.
 
Stonking day at Brighton Fringe today, last day tomorrow and it has been so much fun and a joy to photograph the different performers.
 
I got nuthin'!! Trying to get into Paypal... grrr..... Now I remember last time the customer service rep got me into it. Here I go again. And... the call cut off so guess I'll have to start over. Or wait til Monday...

I may seriously just close it out, I'm fed up with it. Stop make me jump thru hoops, have had that account for years but if they don't want me as a customer I guess I'll manage without it. And it's possible to use it as a guest...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom