What's new

The Coffee House

A couple twists and a little electrical tape and it’ll be good as new!
 
Power came back on unexpectedly about an hour ago. We had gotten an update earlier saying our street would be back on tomorrow.

Hubby had turned the AC off to avoid the power surge, so we took a minute to close windows before turning it on. After that, it was get the phones on chargers. :lol:

I feel very lucky! Although temps are still around 82 F, the humidity has driven the "real feel" to 94 F. And tomorrow is forecast to be hotter.

We only opened the fridge for coffee cream this morning. Didn't touch the freezer.

Washed up the old Pyrex percolator and returned it to the top shelf. This thing is around 75 years old! Still working perfectly. :)


View attachment 267655

Huzzah! :icon_cheers:
Nice! Just checked eBay and you can find them for sale anywhere from $35 to $135. It might be worth getting one just to have for emergencies. We do have an enamel one, but it's very cheap, and doesn't do a very good job. That, and a can of A&P coffee, and we're set! OK, probably can't find A&P anymore, but you get the idea... 😁
 
It does seem like the last couple of weeks we've been in the "Dark Days" of summer. :drunk:
 
Power came back on unexpectedly about an hour ago. We had gotten an update earlier saying our street would be back on tomorrow.

Hubby had turned the AC off to avoid the power surge, so we took a minute to close windows before turning it on. After that, it was get the phones on chargers. :lol:

I feel very lucky! Although temps are still around 82 F, the humidity has driven the "real feel" to 94 F. And tomorrow is forecast to be hotter.

We only opened the fridge for coffee cream this morning. Didn't touch the freezer.

Washed up the old Pyrex percolator and returned it to the top shelf. This thing is around 75 years old! Still working perfectly. :)


View attachment 267655

Huzzah! :icon_cheers:
My Mom had one of those too. She gave me one when I moved out. Now I use a French Press
 
It hit 100 today. The pups want out and 30 seconds later they are at the back door wanting back inside.

Same routine here. Harlie usually likes the heat but today she was on the couch in front of the ac.
 
It hit 100 today. The pups want out and 30 seconds later they are at the back door wanting back inside.
We've decided Phoebe is not all there. LOL Earlier this week at the Lake. She had almost the whole deck shaded to lay down, but she found the one single corner in the full sun to strech out in. She wasn't panting, but based on the jiggling abdomen she was breathing really fast.
 
My Mom had one of those too. She gave me one when I moved out. Now I use a French Press
I have a French Press, and a frother, which I use sometimes, but my go to is a pour over. For convenience, we use K-cups most days, although I'd prefer we move away from those.
 
1690504377895.png
Our 10 day forecast… wow, that is kinda large there... 🤣
 
Nice! Just checked eBay and you can find them for sale anywhere from $35 to $135. It might be worth getting one just to have for emergencies. We do have an enamel one, but it's very cheap, and doesn't do a very good job. That, and a can of A&P coffee, and we're set! OK, probably can't find A&P anymore, but you get the idea... 😁

Definitely can't find A&P anymore. They went totally out of business a few years ago, which was kinda sad, actually. But you can still find Eight O'Clock coffee. They were bought out by Tata Motors about 10 years or so before A&P went out of business.

I have a hand burr grinder and I make my daily coffee in a French press anyway, so as long as I have a way to heat water (I've got a side burner on my gas grill), then I will have no interruption in my normal morning fix in the case of a power outage.

We had a huge storm blow through here in the afternoon. It helped a little for the moment, but it's still going to be hot for the next two days before it drops down to 79/80 for the few days after that.

Hosers, I cannot friggin' wait for the end of summer! :disgust:
 
Former member Gary A got me hooked on good coffee. Though he roasted his own, the practical side of me thought that was a little much. During our travels we searched out small roasters around the country. We stumbled on a jewel of one in Orlando, FL. The owner was so nice, and it was evident that he took great pride in his products, we've been ordering from him ever since. His website if you want to look is Coffee Bean Supplier | Central Florida - Orlando - Javatino . He has some blended coffee, but I prefer the single origin, you can taste the individual notes. I order whole bean and grind my own, as it stays fresher that way.

Originally I used Gary's French Press method, but frankly I just can't tell enough difference between it and the old reliable Mr Coffee to warrant the extra time and trouble.
 
Definitely can't find A&P anymore. They went totally out of business a few years ago, which was kinda sad, actually. But you can still find Eight O'Clock coffee. They were bought out by Tata Motors about 10 years or so before A&P went out of business.

I have a hand burr grinder and I make my daily coffee in a French press anyway, so as long as I have a way to heat water (I've got a side burner on my gas grill), then I will have no interruption in my normal morning fix in the case of a power outage.

We had a huge storm blow through here in the afternoon. It helped a little for the moment, but it's still going to be hot for the next two days before it drops down to 79/80 for the few days after that.

Hosers, I cannot friggin' wait for the end of summer! :disgust:

 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom