What's new

The Coffee House

You just need to be able to affoed to have a place in both the northern and souther hemispheres.

Or just move far enough north and stick close to the coast. I'm thinking of a nice retirement cottage in Newfoundland ;)
 
Or just move far enough north and stick close to the coast. I'm thinking of a nice retirement cottage in Newfoundland ;)
Oddly, we were just kicking around the idea of visiting Newfoundland - it looks amazing! Don't know about affordability there, but it's all about hunkering down once you retire, anyway. :)
 
We've decided Phoebe is not all there. LOL Earlier this week at the Lake. She had almost the whole deck shaded to lay down, but she found the one single corner in the full sun to strech out in. She wasn't panting, but based on the jiggling abdomen she was breathing really fast.
Oscar does that sometimes. Finds the sunny spot in the yard to sunbathe when it is too hot out.
 
Oscar does that sometimes. Finds the sunny spot in the yard to sunbathe when it is too hot out.
Daisy and Nixie both do that, and Daisy has that thick Shetland coat. She comes in and I feel her, and she's really hot, and I'm like, how are you still alive and not stroked out?
 
I love British comedy. I was raised on The Goon Show, Round the Horne, I'm Sorry, I'll Read that Again, and of course, Monty Python, Fawlty Towers, The Two Ronnies, and Benny Hill. It's no wonder that I'm somewhat touched in the head...
Phoebe Waller-Bridge carries it forward with "Fleabag." Worth a look if it's accessible.

 
Daisy and Nixie both do that, and Daisy has that thick Shetland coat. She comes in and I feel her, and she's really hot, and I'm like, how are you still alive and not stroked out?
Doesn't the heavy coat help regulate their body temp? I thought I read something about not shaving your pups in the summer, like a husky type pup.
 
Doesn't the heavy coat help regulate their body temp? I thought I read something about not shaving your pups in the summer, like a husky type pup.
Yes, I think you are right. It provides some sort of protection, but it's still incredibly hot to the touch. Probably acts like insulation and keeps the heat from reaching the body.
 
Doesn't the heavy coat help regulate their body temp? I thought I read something about not shaving your pups in the summer, like a husky type pup.
Britts have a fine inner coat and a corse outer. They're typically more at home in cool weather, but she seems to like the heat. Like @jeffashman said above after a bit that outer coat gets pretty warm. Our other Britts always headed to the tile floors to lay on their belly when the Temps went up.
 
Tonight's menu was Tuscan Salmon (heavy cream sauce with garlic, shallots, sun dried tomatoes, sautéed grape tomatoes, a touch of nutmeg, and wilted spinach), boiled potatoes with a garlic-parsley butter sauce, and broccoli. No dessert again. And a nice cab to go with it.
 
In other news I uncorked a bottle of the last racked Fig wine, quality control inspections are important. 😆 it's really good, will be hard to stay out of, and the new figs aren't in any hurry to ripen.
 
Will you two stop describing culinary things that make me want to drool on my keyboard!! lol

Oh, I've loved Monty Python since the '70's when their shows were on PBS here in the US. And I like Fawlty Towers ('Sybil! Sybil! Sybil!). Haven't seen Benny Hill in a long time but watched him too.

Daytime I've been watching Midsomer murder mysteries.
 
Will you two stop describing culinary things that make me want to drool on my keyboard!! lol

Oh, I've loved Monty Python since the '70's when their shows were on PBS here in the US. And I like Fawlty Towers ('Sybil! Sybil! Sybil!). Haven't seen Benny Hill in a long time but watched him too.

Daytime I've been watching Midsomer murder mysteries.
On the non-comedy side, we would watch the Lord Peter Wimsey series, as well as All Things Great and Small, I Claudius, and War and Peace. The BBC really did put out some very quality shows once upon a time. And hokey sci-fi, like Dr. Who. Speaking of Monty Python, John Cleese is a classically trained Shakespearian Thespian, and one of his best performances, in my opinion, was his role in Taming of the Shrew; he absolutely nails the role.
 
I just finished the last season of Endeavor. Loved it. Great acting and very interesting story. I’ve never seen the Inspector Morse series but apparently Endeavor is the origin story of the main character in that series.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom