The Coffee House

envy-beaver.gif
Yeah, she's clearly in hell! :lol:

Ugh! Yesterday evening it was still 104F at 1900. Today we have a heat advisory until 1300, and then an extreme heat advisory, with heat index up to 115 from 1300-2000. Wonder what sort of herbs would go good with steamed Vinca...

Off from work again, today. MLW and I are going to a "Buy Local Challenge" this evening at a farm in SoMD. The farm raises Clydesdales but we won't be buying any of those, today.

Back from the farm show.

I think this is Rocco, but it might be Logan.
cmw3_d750_4991.png

MLW is in the background looking at the other flower arrangements
cmw3_d750_4990.png

The BBQ food trailer truck
cmw3_d750_4988.png

He definitely would not fit in the truck.

MLW picked a bouquet of flowers, we had a little something to eat, but didn't really buy anything. Maybe next time.

The Towson Univ. GIS (TUgis) conference is tomorrow and Thursday. I'm participating in the presentations for Emerging Professionals, so I can help the noobies to GIS when they go get jobs. To keep from having a 90+ minUte commute (twice) I'm staying nearby.

A small carryout pizza and a rootbeer for dinner.

Last edited:
Insane.... is saying yes when the G kids say.... can my friends come for a sleep over
i have booked my straight jacket and my room at the local loony bin

When we have the grandkids for 2 nights it takes us 3 nights to recover.

Yesterday's birthday will be one for the memory books.

While at the car dealership getting the oil changed, I noticed a commotion just outside the front door. Went to investigate and found an elderly woman prone on the concrete. She'd taken a bad fall, had a large hematoma on the back of her head that was already the size of a lemon and complaining of neck pain. The 1st Responder in me kicked in, took over checking vitals, monitoring and securing C-spine, till fire/ambulance arrived.

Then yesterday afternoon we headed to a favorite buffet for Tuesday Senior Day for my birthday dinner. Had to leave before we had time to fully enjoy it. There was something in the air there that was triggering my asthma. Got out before I had a full on attack, but not before it dropped my O2 levels into the danger zone. Took a couple hours, some prednisone and several hits on the rescue inhaler, to come out of it.

Yesterday's birthday will be one for the memory books.

While at the car dealership getting the oil changed, I noticed a commotion just outside the front door. Went to investigate and found an elderly woman prone on the concrete. She'd taken a bad fall, had a large hematoma on the back of her head that was already the size of a lemon and complaining of neck pain. The 1st Responder in me kicked in, took over checking vitals, monitoring and securing C-spine, till fire/ambulance arrived.

Then yesterday afternoon we headed to a favorite buffet for Tuesday Senior Day for my birthday dinner. Had to leave before we had time to fully enjoy it. There was something in the air there that was triggering my asthma. Got out before I had a full on attack, but not before it dropped my O2 levels into the danger zone. Took a couple hours, some prednisone and several hits on the rescue inhaler, to come out of it.
Hope you had a good birthday otherwise. Happy Birthday! That lady was fortunate to have you in the area.

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like a very eventful day.

Most reactions

Back