What's new

The Coffee House

Down around 30 last night. Turned the heat on for a while.

Snow in Western MD, which is not anything new. I've heards predictions that we'll get more than usual but I don't know the source.
 
It was bitter cold last night and we only had 2 trick or treaters. We were at the grand's basketball game and maybe missed the early ones. Our street has older kids in HS or college.

I took the Canon last night to the game with the 135mm and worked out much better. I sat on the top of the first level which is only 7 rows. If I sat on the first row then my reach would have been too close plus I didn't want to get hit with a ball.
 
Well at last our kitchen is finished, never again lol

20231020_150437.webp20231102_111822.webp
 
26 degrees in the pines this morning, but without wind it's bearable. Last cold night for us for awhile as temperatures start creeping up to more normal levels.
 
26 degrees in the pines this morning, but without wind it's bearable. Last cold night for us for awhile as temperatures start creeping up to more normal levels.
Our snow is long gone, and we're in for much more seasonal temps this weekend, too.

Glad fall is here, but it sure arrived with a bang! :lol:
 
My mouse seems to have died (almost completely). I don't know if this message will get posted. I have very little capability right now.

16:17 I just bought a new wireless mouse. It seems to work better than my old wired mouse, but the battery is new. I don't know how long it will last. I'll have to remember to turn it off when not in use. I'm not sure how that will go. We'll see.
 
Last edited:
First frost this morning. You can't see in the first picture, but there was also a visitor at the bottom of the yard.

Disclaimer 1: Yes, I know, I know, it's time to swap out the hummingbird feeder for the regular birdfeeder.
Disclaimer 2: Yes, yes, I know the lawn is wild. I let it go on purpose this summer because I want to see what grows there naturally so I can plan for the landscaping I want to do next year. There will definitely be a meadow at the bottom part of the lawn and I'm planning a patio at the top.

1698970091722.webp
1698970140085.webp
 
Well at last our kitchen is finished, never again lol

View attachment 269715View attachment 269716
You must be glad the work is over. Living through a kitchen remodel is not fun. Looks good. I see a long gallery wall in your future.

My mouse seems to have died (almost completely). I don't know if this message will get posted. I have very little capability right now.

16:17 I just bought a new wireless mouse. It seems to work better than my old wired mouse, but the battery is new. I don't know how long it will last. I'll have to remember to turn it off when not in use. I'm not sure how that will go. We'll see.
I believe they sleep when not in use so battery power is preserved. I never turned mine off and short battery life wasn’t an issue. That being said, I went back to a wired mouse for my work laptop as it is more reliable. Even though the batteries lasted a long time, they always died at the most inconvenient time! Have you seen the latest tech - the next “mouse” is a tiny ring worn on the tip of your finger!

First frost this morning. You can't see in the first picture, but there was also a visitor at the bottom of the yard.

Disclaimer 1: Yes, I know, I know, it's time to swap out the hummingbird feeder for the regular birdfeeder.
Disclaimer 2: Yes, yes, I know the lawn is wild. I let it go on purpose this summer because I want to see what grows there naturally so I can plan for the landscaping I want to do next year. There will definitely be a meadow at the bottom part of the lawn and I'm planning a patio at the top.

View attachment 269740 View attachment 269741
What a pretty scene! Is that a deer? My hummingbird feeder is also stil out there and my “lawn” is very tall right now.

My lame attempt to save my tallest dahlias that were full of giant buds from the frost. Worked for night one but lost a few last night. The next week will be mild here.

IMG_5572.webp
 
Something strange happened yesterday. Got my Flu shot and a pneumonia shot. Felt fine but on the way home I suddenly started getting dizzy and almost passed out before I could get off the interstate onto side. After setting there for a few mins the dizziness went away, leaving a nagging headache. Managed to get home, couple hours later I was fine. Never had that happen before.
 
First frost this morning. You can't see in the first picture, but there was also a visitor at the bottom of the yard.

Disclaimer 1: Yes, I know, I know, it's time to swap out the hummingbird feeder for the regular birdfeeder.
Disclaimer 2: Yes, yes, I know the lawn is wild. I let it go on purpose this summer because I want to see what grows there naturally so I can plan for the landscaping I want to do next year. There will definitely be a meadow at the bottom part of the lawn and I'm planning a patio at the top.

View attachment 269740 View attachment 269741
Your back yard is awesome. :586: Love the idea of the meadow. Basically it's just keeping it loose and friendly to the locals. Your guest in the second shot doesn't seem to have any complaints. ;)

Lovely shots!
 
Something strange happened yesterday. Got my Flu shot and a pneumonia shot. Felt fine but on the way home I suddenly started getting dizzy and almost passed out before I could get off the interstate onto side. After setting there for a few mins the dizziness went away, leaving a nagging headache. Managed to get home, couple hours later I was fine. Never had that happen before.
That sounds scary as hell! Glad it passed and you were able to pull off safely until it did. Yuck!
 
Something strange happened yesterday. Got my Flu shot and a pneumonia shot. Felt fine but on the way home I suddenly started getting dizzy and almost passed out before I could get off the interstate onto side. After setting there for a few mins the dizziness went away, leaving a nagging headache. Managed to get home, couple hours later I was fine. Never had that happen before.
Yikes! Scary. Princess felt dizzy and passed out after a flu shot once. Now she has to sit there for 30 minutes afterward every time.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom