The Coffee House

@SquarePeg I was probably close to 30 mins post shots at the time.
@terri I was almost over a bridge when when the first wave hit, so I was already slowing down, looking for a "get off" when the second wave hit. As i came to a stop everything went black for a couple seconds, then it was over. I was shocked at how quickly it came on, no warning at all.

@SquarePeg I was probably close to 30 mins post shots at the time.
@terri I was almost over a bridge when when the first wave hit, so I was already slowing down, looking for a "get off" when the second wave hit. As i came to a stop everything went black for a couple seconds, then it was over. I was shocked at how quickly it came on, no warning at all.
Crazy story. Make sure your health care provider hears about this before doing it again! May have to stagger the doses.

Something strange happened yesterday. Got my Flu shot and a pneumonia shot. Felt fine but on the way home I suddenly started getting dizzy and almost passed out before I could get off the interstate onto side. After setting there for a few mins the dizziness went away, leaving a nagging headache. Managed to get home, couple hours later I was fine. Never had that happen before.
That is scary Bill! That is odd that it has never happened before with the vaxes.

Finally after a cold week the sun is out and warming up. I have a photo session for a friend's family member today.

That is odd that it has never happened before with the vaxes.

I know it shocked me, never with any shots/vax. That and how fast I went from feeling fine to whoa!

The continuing drought around us, low humidity, and wind is causing serious problems. Yesterday we had 5 brushfires in the valley, a couple that could have been serious. Around 4 pm had one in the road ditch just below our house. Took the tractor down and cut a fire break to hold it until the FD got there with water. Looks like a passing motorist threw out a cigarette. The others were started by people burning trash.....we have an absolute NO BURN ORDER in place, but people are stupid. Time for Forestry to start issuing tickets.

Last edited:
My mouse seems to have died (almost completely). I don't know if this message will get posted. I have very little capability right now.

16:17 I just bought a new wireless mouse. It seems to work better than my old wired mouse, but the battery is new. I don't know how long it will last. I'll have to remember to turn it off when not in use. I'm not sure how that will go. We'll see.
I have a MS wireless mouse and it says that the battery is good for a year without turning it off. We'll see...

Howdy hosers! I'm back! I went on an "excursion" to Nashville, Lebanon OH, and Richmond VA to visit with family. It was a nice trip but a wash as far as photography goes. Rain, rain, drizzle, rain until I got to Richmond, where it was nice, but no opportunity to get out and explore. In Ohio I did manage to get out on a drizzly day, and while I didn't spot any sasquatch in the woods, I did find a troll family, and I will post those pix sometime this week. The drive from Nashville to Lebanon was gray and drizzly, and so what should have been a beautiful drive was a mundane one. Fall leaves just don't look the same under heavy gray skies. Taking today off to recover from yesterday's ten-hour drive, and taking tomorrow off for voting, because it is out week to be in office at work, and I didn't want to commute back and forth and then go to the polls. I missed early voting because I was out of State. It is supposed to be in the 80's and sunny tomorrow, so I will try and get out with my camera and see what I can see.

Had a scare with my big computer today. Installed the latest Windows 11 update and it went blue screen on me. Couldn't get past the blue screen every time I tried a reboot, and it wanted me to reinstall Windows, which is not something I wanted to do. I rebooted again, this time into safe mode, and fortunately it finished the update and then rebooted normally, but that sure was a scare. Techie tip, always try safe mode before doing anything drastic. While my files would have been safe, especially since photos and docs are in the cloud, it would still have been a days long process of reinstalling all of my software.

@jeffashman the first thing that crosses my mind when this happens is "Oh crap when was the last time I backed up". LOL

I have new keyboard on order for my HP Laptop. Couple of keys just went dead. Supposed to be an easy replacement......we'll see.

@jeffashman the first thing that crosses my mind when this happens is "Oh crap when was the last time I backed up". LOL

I have new keyboard on order for my HP Laptop. Couple of keys just went dead. Supposed to be an easy replacement......we'll see.
Yeah, that is why my important items like docs and pix are in cloud storage. I really need to make a system restore point, and should have done that before blindly hitting the update button, but it was shutting the comp down and figured I'd let it go and update and shutdown. I should know better... :D

Yeah, that is why my important items like docs and pix are in cloud storage

I'm still old school on cloud. Don't trust it, plus my internet is so slow it would take forever. External hard drives are cheap, and a big old fire proof safe have served me well.

I'm still old school on cloud. Don't trust it, plus my internet is so slow it would take forever. External hard drives are cheap, and a big old fire proof safe have served me well.
Yup. Outboard HDD content is now backed up on even more outboard SSDs. Redundancy uber alles! The frau thinks those cute little HDDs will eventually make classy cocktail coasters--along with deceased iPhones at the back of my sock drawer.

Did something happen Sunday? I see posts for Saturday, but nothing from Sunday, but then today (Monday) more new posts. It's like Sunday didn't happen?

I still haven’t decided what to replace the dead Dell with. For now I’ll just use the work laptop but I have to pick up a SD card reader; this one doesn’t have a full size reader built in.

Off to a public safety geo-geek thing in Charlotte, NC next week. MLSIL and her travel buddy cancelled their Egypt trip so they’re going to hang out in NYC for a few days Next month. She’s asked us to come up and see The Lion King with them. Added bonus; B&H is apparently across the street from the trail station.
Did something happen Sunday? I see posts for Saturday, but nothing from Sunday, but then today (Monday) more new posts. It's like Sunday didn't happen?
There are a few in The Next Shot Is.

Most reactions

Back