What's new

The Coffee House

Currently sitting in my car with my photo posse in the middle of NH waiting for the aurora borealis to show itself. Supposed to be visible here starting at10. If you’re in the northern states - look for it.
 
The past 6 weeks have been crazy busy. Three photo sessions with a vacation in the middle and several basketball game photos. I haven't done much editing on my vacation photos. Maybe by January??
The youngest grand was in town this past week for a quick visit. We did her Thanksgiving and Xmas photos with a total of 6 outfit changes in two days. I have my xmas set up and she would be lost in the set so I improvised and moved a few things around. For this photo I hung a blanket over a bench for the backdrop and she is on the bobby pillow. This photo was between outfit changes and I liked the tutu
View attachment 269894

She’s a doll!!!
 
Well… that was a bust apparently the event was much weaker than originally predicted. But had a fun night chatting and catching up with some friends. We’ll get ‘Em next time.
 
Gloomy and overcast here today, we had our first frost yesterday morning but none today. Still finding dust to clear away after the kitchen, and thank god it's all over as never again.
 
@SquarePeg I have to admire your tenacity. There was a time when I could stay up all night, come in and grab a shower and go again, now by 9 pm I'm in bed.

I was home by 1:30am so I got some sleep. I had a volunteering commitment this morning at 9:30 which was unfortunate timing 🤣.

Sorry it was a bust. sounds like you had a good time otherwise

Yes it was a bust but otherwise I would have just been home watching Netflix…

Gotta get out to the small local airport with zero light pollution for some night shots soon!

Right now, it's leaf blowers droning away around the 'hood. Thinking of giving rake tutorials!

Nothing I hate more than those leaf blowers.
 
Currently sitting in my car with my photo posse in the middle of NH waiting for the aurora borealis to show itself. Supposed to be visible here starting at10. If you’re in the northern states - look for it.
My wife was asking me if I was going to try to shoot them. I'm like, uhm, we are in North Carolina and it's cloudy and expected to rain. So, no.
 
Gotta get out to the small local airport with zero light pollution for some night shots soon!

Right now, it's leaf blowers droning away around the 'hood. Thinking of giving rake tutorials!
Don't know why people bother with blowing or raking, I just mow them to fertilize the grass. Haven't raked or blown in years.
 
Don't know why people bother with blowing or raking, I just mow them to fertilize the grass. Haven't raked or blown in years.
Lots of maples dump craploads of leaves here. Left alone, they will slow grass revival in spring after sitting under a few feet of snow. Use a dedicated leaf mulcher. Often too thick for a mower to chew. Most get pushed into the street at curbside for city pick-up next week. Different world north of 40...
 
Lots of maples dump craploads of leaves here. Left alone, they will slow grass revival in spring after sitting under a few feet of snow. Use a dedicated leaf mulcher. Often too thick for a mower to chew. Most get pushed into the street at curbside for city pick-up next week. Different world north of 40...
That's exactly what happens here, too. My husband can mow some of the leaves if it's a light scatter, but our large Crimson King maple will dump an overwhelming amount in a 24 hour period. We rake them onto a tarp and drag them to the street. Our leaf pick-up is on Wednesday, and the city turns everyone's leaves into mulch that we can use for free in the spring.

It's kinda brilliant.
 
My husband mulched up leaves and the next day the trees dumped their 2nd and final load. He picked up some and dumped behind our fence where we put yard waste. Too many! So he burned a little, but mostly took several passes mulching up. Looks good for now. The neighbor doesn't do anything with their leaves so they mostly blow into our yard.
 
The week looks good with dry sunny temps in the 60s. Went for a walk yesterday at the watershed. Sadly no geese. Saw one heron. I don't know where all the geese went. They disappeared over the summer. There are carp in the lagoon so wondering if that drove them away?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom