What's new

The Coffee House

@CherylL this is such sad news, my condolences on the loss. I've enjoyed the pictures you've shared, it's like he was a part of the family here as well. He will be missed.
 
@Cheryl, Sorry to hear that. They are family members. I've always enjoyed your photos of them. Hope the other dogs are adjusting.
 
@smoke665 It was brown here in the midwest, one of those years of not much color and then the leaves just all came down.

I don't like hot weather! I'll take cold instead. @terri I like the sound of that, curling up with a nice hot beverage! Hot chocolate or tea, or how about Kahlua in coffee?!
 

Snickers - rainbow bridge by Cheryl, on Flickr

Sadly Snickers has crossed the rainbow bridge after a brief illness. He was a happy pup and grateful that we got an extra month with him. January he would have turned 12.
So sorry to hear about this, Cheryl. He seemed so healthy and always looked so sweet in your photos. I'm sure you all miss him. :heartpump: My condolences.
 
Happy Monday, hosers. A holiday week in store, with the US Thanksgiving holiday coming up on Thursday.

Anyone traveling, or doing anything special this year? I'm cooking for my mom and my niece, who's driving down, so a little more prep than usual. Shopping tomorrow, pie cooking on Wednesday.
 
I had an interesting conversation at a cafe yesterday. A woman was sitting next to me waiting for her husband. They work for their son's photo booth company. They had 14 events Fri/Sat. They do backdrops and cameras that take stills and live type photos. The photos go to a website where guests can view or download. Some of their equipment is high end and requires a photographer. And some equipment is still valuable, but doesn't require hiring one of their photographers. The problems sometimes arise from drunks damaging the cameras or taking moon shots. (and more risque) People forget that every guest has the access code to see the photos. The company spells it all out in their contract. One family threatened to sue, but the contract clearly stated they didn't want a photographer manning the camera. They do delete photos of question the next day.

The woman's husband retired early to help in his son's business. They did over 500 events last year.
 
to
Snickers - rainbow bridge by Cheryl, on Flickr

Sadly Snickers has crossed the rainbow bridge after a brief illness. He was a happy pup and grateful that we got an extra month with him. January he would have turned 1


Snickers - rainbow bridge by Cheryl, on Flickr

Sadly Snickers has crossed the rainbow bridge after a brief illness. He was a happy pup and grateful that we got an extra month with him. January he would have turned 12.
I'm so sorry for your loss. How lucky you were to have each other.
 
Well our time in the mountains ended today. Just got in, RV unloaded, most stuff put away, relaxing in my recliner. Had a good week, took in a couple shows, blew the diet a couple days thanks to all the good resteraunt choices, DW got to hit her favorite stores, and I got in a little camera time. Tomorrow & Wed helping DW clean and decorate for Christmas. Thursday we head to Atlanta for Thanksgiving dinner at son's house. Friday/Sat at the Lake decorating....I need a break. LOL
 
We’re hosting this year, though it’s only three of us. MLSIL is being relesed from work three hours early on Wednesday so she’ll drive down then.

We’re deep frying the bird, making cranberry sauce (chunky, of course), mashed potatoes, asparagus, chicken and sausage jambalaya, and I’m making crème brûlée. MLSIL is making The pumpkin pie.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom