What's new

The Coffee House

been having a hard time with my hair turning gray, i
Be glad you have hair (gray or not) my oldest son was mostly bald by the time he turned 30. Rather than pay for a trim, he started shaving his head and hasn't looked back. I've retained most of mine (except on top). Went from gray to mostly white now. I always tease the lady wo cuts my hair that I should get a discount. She told me she charges by the head, not the hair 😉
 
First snow of the season today. About 3-4” so far. Still coming down and expected to continue for a few more hours. Waiting for my shovelers to arrive since I have a nasty cold and chest congestion so not going to attempt it myself!

IMG_6272.webp
 
First snow of the season today. About 3-4” so far. Still coming down and expected to continue for a few more hours. Waiting for my shovelers to arrive since I have a nasty cold and chest congestion so not going to attempt it myself!

View attachment 270928
Call that snow? Just a dusting! Waiting for mine to arrive late Mon-Tues. Last phase of de-Christmasing this a.m. Hope you shake the bugs ASAP.
 
First snow of the season today. About 3-4” so far. Still coming down and expected to continue for a few more hours. Waiting for my shovelers to arrive since I have a nasty cold and chest congestion so not going to attempt it myself!

If we got that much snow here they would cancel school for a week. lol
 
We are suffering through temps in the mid-60s today. Nice sunny day with the kids visiting. Had brunch and then played several rounds of Poetry for Neanderthals, and then several rounds of Deception. Fun day Sunday.
 
If we got that much snow here they would cancel school for a week. lol
And in the south, every store shelf would be stripped bare of bread and milk....just in case they run out of food and have to eat fall back on bread/milk sandwiches. 🤣
 
Soft "prepper" buys/stock-ups are normal here past Xmas. No drama but everyone knows paralytic snowfalls are in the cards and can f-things up for 48hrs. Gas in the car and snowblowers. Beer in the cold room and booze on hand? I'm good.

Thinking about marinating some ribs tomorrow for slo BBQ on the Tues/Wed snow day here. Embrace winter, right?
 
Last edited:
I can understand the toilet paper, but I never got the bread and milk thing. If I'm going to get snowed in, I want steaks and beer!
 
Good morning, hosers. No snow, just a bunch of rain.
We have an appointment with MVA this afternoon to have mom's car titled in our name, thewn it gets "sold" to a neighbor. He wants to go back to work as a school bus driver and asked about the car, a while back. I'm basically giving it to him so he can use whatever money he would buy it for and put into any repairs needed.

I got a "pro" set of watercolors - 12 half pans (about 1"x1") plus three additional colors, some paper, and a few brushes.
 
Good morning! We have a bit of drizzle and grey skies right now. Winter will finally arrive next Sunday with night time temps dropping into the mid teens and a good chance of snow/freezing rain next Monday. Time to take the hoses off and put the faucet covers on. Winter is coming.
 
No snow for us, just rain and cold with temps in the high 30's to 40's. Next week we get the arctic blast, lows down to 21 😞
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom