What's new

The Coffee House

Looks like our snowmagedan failed to materialize. Ended up with about a 1/4" of ice/sleet. Thankfully they missed the low temperature also, 14 instead of 9. Doesn't sound like much difference when you look at 5 degrees difference, but it is when you have to be outside. 8t isn't supposed to get above freezing today, so we may be stuck here. Our driveway is a 1/2 mile long, iced over and steep. 😞
I can envision that very well. You can't argue with ice! Stay inside, it'll be gone soon enough down there. ;)

Currently 9 F outside. We're just in it for the rest of the week, before crawling back up to the 20s. :lol:

We're just getting little snow dumps, 1-2" at a time. Main thing around here was keeping the power on, which we did. Whew!

@limr : enjoy your snow day! :boogie:
 
Looks like a snow globe here today. Still coming down pretty good 1-2” expected to turn into sleet and rain this afternoon. Going to hold off on shoveling for a bit to see what happens.

IMG_6348.webp
 
My bird feeder is popular today:

1705431738178.webp


Which means it's also good entertainment for Miss Zelda as well. And yes, that is my snow blower out there, which is about to be put to good use, even though it's still kinda snowing.

1705431819060.webp
 
I came in to the office, today - MLW had to report and technically, I am also essential. Roads were actually fine though we're expecting everything to freeze up tonight.

IMG_E1007[1].webpIMG_E1008[1].webp
 
It turned to frozen rain here. Did a quick clear just pushing it with the shovel as best I could on my lunch break and double salted everything. We have a slope at the end of our driveway down to the back gate that gets very treacherous when it freezes and we like to use the back when we can.
 
I just went out to take the trash can down to the road with the tractor (1/2 mile one way). OMG, It's been a loooonnng time since I've felt that kind of cold. Currently 18 degrees, with wind chill it feels like 0. Tomorrow we get a little break with 34 as the high, warming to the 40's on Thursday, then back in the freezer for a couple days.
 
Just when I thought we were getting a reprieve from the cold......it was 5 above when I took Phoebe out this morning. The wind chill was minus I'm freezing my a$$ off out here!!! If we're lucky it might get above freezing today. The warmer weather they were predicting isn't going to be here till next week.
 
-4c here, feeling like poo, had to do a few jobs outside. Now wheezing like an old stem train. Got some photography to do but just not the get up and go…. It got up and went..
 
I think Monday was a record cold for Toronto (for that day). I did some video of people skating, I think it was Saturday. I don't know if I will post anything anywhere. I felt that I wanted to see more people. I might go back and record more just to record more people. One problem is that the ice surface (Toronto City Hall) is not that huge, so either you get a few people skating freely or a larger group who can just skate in a bulk "circle". It can still be fun to do, but not so fun to watch. . . .
 
@CherylL your boots reminded me I have a pair in my closet I need to dig out. LOL
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom