What's new

The Coffee House

:lol: Sounds like a terrible accident (not even a little bit)! Good for you! I hope you have some photos to show us how it's working for you.
Dreadful, yep, only been kinda wanting one for... Wow, coming on 20 years now. I'll see what it's like when it arrives next week. Worst case, I have to tinker with it a little and then it just winds up looking pretty on the shelf with the rest of the collection. 😅
 
Happy Friday, hosers! :boogie:

Anyone have fun plans for the weekend? I'm playing with a new image transfer technique in between loads of laundry. Try to beat that!
 
Guess our warming trend was short lived. Temperature started falling shortly after lunch. Headed back down into the low teens.
 
You're still suffering! We're at balmy 22F. :icon_cheers:

It snowed overnight, so hubby will be charging up the Ego snowblower shortly. He claims to actually enjoy it, since it's more powerful than he thought it would be.

Here he is after the first storm last week:

View attachment 271123
Deep, dense and occasionally wet snow here can herniate 1 stage blowers. Big 8-12hp old school 2 stage machines are regrettably still the weapons of choice
Happy Friday, hosers! :boogie:

Anyone have fun plans for the weekend? I'm playing with a new image transfer technique in between loads of laundry. Try to beat that!
Clearing ice from the family ruin walkways and driveway late a.m. today. Why me? Hoping to slo bbq ribs on the upcoming snow days early next week. Otherwise, leisure non-culinary stuff boils down to watching BBC's "Rogue Heroes" on Prime(genesis of the Brits SAS) and tedious mss editing. Doubles all 'round for the TPF crew!
 
Happy Friday, hosers! :boogie:

Anyone have fun plans for the weekend? I'm playing with a new image transfer technique in between loads of laundry. Try to beat that!
I’m playing in the basement, trying to get the painting area art studio spot cleared out.
 
@cgw I spent the first 30 yrs of my life enduring the cold weather. Back then it didn't bother me much. Work went on, you bundled up did your job and went on. I moved south 40 years ago, to get away from it. Now the older I get the more difficult it is to handle the cold.
 
@cgw I spent the first 30 yrs of my life enduring the cold weather. Back then it didn't bother me much. Work went on, you bundled up did your job and went on. I moved south 40 years ago, to get away from it. Now the older I get the more difficult it is to handle the cold.
Went from SW USA to Canada long ago and never missed it save for early day's winters as a broke-a$$ grad student. Winters are a non-lethal challenge that keep me alert and engaged. Something or somebody always needs attention in winter.
 
Happy Friday, hosers! :boogie:

Anyone have fun plans for the weekend? I'm playing with a new image transfer technique in between loads of laundry. Try to beat that!
Happy Friday! I made spaghetti for the family, and cleaned the kitchen up (mostly). For the rest of the weekend? Sleep. Saturday, low of 20 and high of 38... not going anywhere, so more sleep. May look at some old photos and rework them with my newer PP software and see how the software has changed over the years. Sunday, still cold... we'll probably go out for breakfast, then sleep more, and maybe make a stew in the crockpot. Somewhere in there get in some Starfield time.
 
No plans tomorrow! Going to chill out and relax most of the day. Will maybe take mom for dinner and a drink tomorrow night if she feels like getting out of the house.

Meeting some friends for lunch on Sunday.
 
Somewhere in there get in some Starfield time.
Okay, you lost me. :lol: What's Starfield?

Went from SW USA to Canada long ago and never missed it save for early day's winters as a broke-a$$ grad student.
I left the North in my 20s for the South many moons ago. I still love Atlanta! But returning to the North has been a lovely feeling of homecoming. It's 10F outside, snow on the ground, fireplace is rolling and I love it! ❤️ No worries, it's warming up to the low 40s next week.
 
Plans for the W/e
err looking to see how to stop the bay window at mums from dropping any more, the ah “ builders” just put in one horizontal bar and over the years the bay window has dropped at the front. I have to decide between gallows brackets and posts to support the window. Prob will be posts as I don’t trust the brickwork the builders did
no good doing the window and pulling the wall out/down.
one day I will get chance to do some photography
Edit. Ex BIL came round and between us managed to sort out mums window, not 100% not pretty but its not going anywhere now
 
Last edited:
@Original katomi also dealing with "builder" shortcomings. Seems things have a way of popping up over time.

Picked up Lil'Bit after school yesterday and kept her till her Mom got off work. Her Mom is working later today so will keep her again today. Mimi promised her a "making cookies" day. I'll be doing quality control!
 
Mimi. We called my daughter Naomi, this she shortened to Mimi.... small world
 
Mimi. We called my daughter Naomi, this she shortened to Mimi.... small world

DW struggled with what she wanted to be called by the grandkids. Oldest grandson was about 3 when he said she was "Mimi" because she was like another Mommy. The debate was settled.
 
Okay, you lost me. :lol: What's Starfield?
Starfield is one of the newest games from Bethesda, it's a space exploration roleplaying game. Traveling between stars, landing on strange planets, exploring the surface... and, oh yeah, fighting the occasional space pirate...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom