What's new

The Coffee House

@jeffis this like Cosplay where you dress up in costume? 😁
 
Plans for the weekend? Try to recover from the week. Seriously, even with a short week (school closed for MLK Jr Day on Monday and then snow on Tuesday), I am exhausted. This morning, I thought I was feeling well enough to just have a really slow, chill morning and then do some little chores and make a run to the grocery store. I was a bit optimistic. I have had a really *really* slow morning AND afternoon. I think I can manage a few chores now and I've ordered groceries online to pick up at the store tomorrow.

I'm not bothering with cleaning off the few inches of snow that fell on the driveway yesterday while I was at work. I put ice melt on the walk, but my driveway is straight and flat and I don't give a rat's ass if it's not clean. I can still get in and out with no problem so it's not worth the bother.

I moved to Florida for college - it was for many reasons but none of them involved the weather. I never liked the heat, but while I was there, I became even less tolerant and hightailed it out of there as fast as I could. As I get older, if anything, I want to move even farther north.
 
Happy Friday, hosers! :boogie:

Anyone have fun plans for the weekend? I'm playing with a new image transfer technique in between loads of laundry. Try to beat that!
I have been relaxing with a Dr Pepper mixed beverage, a Star Trek episode, and the UPS tracking for my new camera. Plus USPS tracking for a new shutter for pinhole purposes.

Edit: okay, several Star Trek episodes actually.
 
It's a little after 3:00 AM and I have to decided what to do later this morning. Yesterday was a disappointment. I thought the morning would be a good time lapse, but I forgot to set the alarm early enough. I needed to be up before 6:30, which is not terrible, but not normal. My alarm got me up 6:55 ish, which is normal, and too late. I got the time lapse starting at 7:05 and it was spectacular, but I missed "first light" and "sun up", which I want for context. This coming morning is not likely to be as good. Oh well. . . .
 
I have been relaxing with a Dr Pepper mixed beverage, a Star Trek episode, and the UPS tracking for my new camera. Plus USPS tracking for a new shutter for pinhole purposes.

Edit: okay, several Star Trek episodes actually.
Which series Star Trek TOS, NEXT GEN, VOYAGER?
 
Which series Star Trek TOS, NEXT GEN, VOYAGER?
Currently 5th season of TNG, but like Terri says, all of 'em!

TNG is my overall favorite, but I think the best episodes in the entire franchise came from DS9. TOS is of course a revolutionary classic, and Voyager is an enjoyable romp through the galaxy. Enterprise was a fine show in its own right, and I was disappointed that it got cut a bit short. Discovery and SNW are fascinating reimaginations of backstory and worldbuilding, and Picard is a wonderful throwback of nostalgia and catching up with favorite characters. And lets not forget TAS, which builds on and expands TOS in ways that only animation could, and Lower Decks which is irreverent and relatable in ways an old Army Sergeant like myself can certainly appreciate.

It's fair to say, I suppose, that I love all things Trek. 🖖
 
The good news is Wed, Thur, Fri temperature highs above 60. The bad news is we have rain and storms in the forecast everyday. Just can't catch a break.

In other news, just signed up for VOIP with Voiply. We had our home phone through ATT VOIP, but they kept jacking the price up to where it's over $50/month with taxes and fees. Voiply supposed to be $8.95/month, with free porting on our number, will see how it goes.
 
It's a little after 3:00 AM and I have to decided what to do later this morning. Yesterday was a disappointment. I thought the morning would be a good time lapse, but I forgot to set the alarm early enough. I needed to be up before 6:30, which is not terrible, but not normal. My alarm got me up 6:55 ish, which is normal, and too late. I got the time lapse starting at 7:05 and it was spectacular, but I missed "first light" and "sun up", which I want for context. This coming morning is not likely to be as good. Oh well. . . .
When I was into time-lapse I drove over an hour to a location for the clouds to just disappear. Ended up having a nice lunch nearby.
 
Ice this morning with lots of wrecks. Good day to stay inside at home. Feel sorry for the people that had to get out. Should be in the 50s later this week with rain.

I spent 3+ hours (with lots of breaks) cleaning the space between the LVP floor tiles with a toothbrush. Went thru 3 brushes. One I broke in half. They have a groove and was driving my nuts seeing the buildup. Looks like new now. My next project is touching up the white baseboards and a few doors.
 
Ice this morning with lots of wrecks. Good day to stay inside at home. Feel sorry for the people that had to get out. Should be in the 50s later this week with rain.

I spent 3+ hours (with lots of breaks) cleaning the space between the LVP floor tiles with a toothbrush. Went thru 3 brushes. One I broke in half. They have a groove and was driving my nuts seeing the buildup. Looks like new now. My next project is touching up the white baseboards and a few doors.
We're having similar weather. Kind of nasty out there, but spotty over the next couple days.

Then, a warmup and more rain. A lot of snow will be washed away - here comes the slush!

Applause for getting to those icky household chores! 👏 That’s what winter is for.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom