The Coffee House

Is it a button battery? Duracell makes a 1.3v battery for cameras, so maybe that would work without having to mod the camera. If you check Amazon, Weincell makes a 1.35v button battery that is mercury free. Maybe one of those would work for you, then you wouldn't have to risk the camera.
I've had spotty luck with the PX625-size adapters that supposedly drop the smaller LR-44 silver/alkaline 1.5v buttons to 1.35v. They kinda work for single-cell applications but often prove too thick when stacked for two-cell use. Best practice for me is a hand-held meter when shooting oldies but the widely-used hearing aid zinc-air battery hack ain' t bad. Tons of online examples for this remedy. Surgical interventions to "adjust" camera meters to 1.5v batteries don't account for the radically different discharge curves of mercury and alkaline/silver cells.

@nerwin - a $12 camera sounds like a good one to tinker with the meter. What '70s camera is it?

Pittsburgh Camera Exchange used to have every small camera part imaginable. Instead of their own website they now have an Etsy page (AKA B&J Images). Don't list as many parts but have a DIY/Steampunk section. Their brick & mortar is Bernie's Photo, and from photos it looks like they have lots of vintage camera goodies.

Hi all, how is everyone today?
I have a woodwork project on the go but the cold wet weather is holding things up. I had to make duck boards for the garage to get me out of the water that seeps//// flows through the garage when it rains.

Beautiful morning here. Have a couple clean up projects later today, otherwise lazy day.

Last edited:
Good morning! Gorgeous day here as well. Starting out at 61F with a targeted high of 85F today. The fam is all coming over and they're making eggs benedict in honor of my successful circumnavigation of the sun last Thursday. The house is starting to smell scrumptious.

@Original katomi, that sounds miserable. No way to prevent the flow through? I'm guessing it is a detached garage.

It rained yeterday but today is chilly but nice. We got the last of the old train table taken down and cleared that corner of the basement; that will eventually be the studio. There are a few photos of trains on one wall and a couple shelves with HO engines on the other. They can stay for the time being. We got the art/drafting table and the paper cabinet out of storage. Today, I'll clear a few more things out, assemble the table, and bring the paper cabinet in from the truck. We also moved the Ikea drawer unit (art supply cabinet) from the bedroom to the studio. Maybe next weekend I can get to the art store and check out a couple stools for the table. I had to get rid of the original when we moved as we didn't hhaveroom to put it anywhere. It really wan't that comfortable, anyway.

IMG_1129.jpeg

Eggs Benedict…

Cold here at 31° but no clouds so the sun is warming things up a little. Still breezy, which blows (pun intended). Spent the morning chauffeuring my mom around for her shopping and taking her to lunch. Took the pup for a nice walk and now I’m just surfing on my phone and debating if I want to start a project or just think about starting a project.

CNBC Looks At South Korean Chaebols:

South Korea is not a major source of stand-alone cameras, but it is still a major source of cell-phones and component electronics. Samsung did make actual cameras for a while, but that was back around 2010-2015 -ish. There are probably still factories in SK making camera parts, and some of those factories could make cameras again in the future. The camera makers can and have shifted around production in that fashion in the past and there is no reason to believe that business style will change.

I ran across this piece by CNBC International that looks at the current state of SK Chaebols. These are still family run businesses. I don't know if change is likely.

Can South Korea’s untouchable chaebols change?
posted Feb 23, 2024

Cold here at 31° but no clouds so the sun is warming things up a little. Still breezy, which blows (pun intended). Spent the morning chauffeuring my mom around for her shopping and taking her to lunch. Took the pup for a nice walk and now I’m just surfing on my phone and debating if I want to start a project or just think about starting a project.
Whenever have that debate with myself I usually just grab a beer and put on an old western. lol

Whenever have that debate with myself I usually just grab a beer and put on an old western. lol
😂 That sounds like my version of a cosmo and Britbox. I ended up starting a landscape painting that’s been percolating for a while. Taking a break to have dinner and YouTube how to paint water so I can finish it.

Beautiful sunny day here with the high of 70. Got in a walk at the nature center. I've spent the last few days in the basement going thru stuff. I had a car load to Goodwill. Another pile is for the grands' girl scouts yard sale. They are raising money for a trip this summer. Now if I can get my two adult daughters to come get their trash treasures my basement would be looking good. The oldest has a huge pile that I've thrown a sheet over and it looks like a VW bug. I've threatened to rent a pod, fill it up and have it delivered to their driveway.

Good morning! Gorgeous day here as well. Starting out at 61F with a targeted high of 85F today. The fam is all coming over and they're making eggs benedict in honor of my successful circumnavigation of the sun last Thursday. The house is starting to smell scrumptious.

@Original katomi, that sounds miserable. No way to prevent the flow through? I'm guessing it is a detached garage.
Hope you had a happy birthday party today! 🥳

Busy weekend here. Cold and windy, but sunny.

I've spent some money this weekend, hosers! Blick Art got most of it, but I also replenished the birdseed and cracked corn for my backyard friends. :586:

And I bought new shoes: red leather Oxfords. :icon_cheers:

Laundry and housework today. Not nearly as much fun.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back