The Coffee House

Happy Monday hosers! They say it will get to 91F today. Meanwhile, this…
IMG_1130.jpeg

91F sounds too hot for February - but that's what is teasing out these beautiful blooms! Let's see: my memory banks (never great) is trying to recall early bloomers in the South. Bradford pear tree?

I like this shot - slightly waning full moon in the background, too!

Spring in the south.....the weather is warming, the trees are starting to bud and the smoke from all the controlled burning hangs heavy in the valley 😀

91F sounds too hot for February - but that's what is teasing out these beautiful blooms! Let's see: my memory banks (never great) is trying to recall early bloomers in the South. Bradford pear tree?

I like this shot - slightly waning full moon in the background, too!
This one is a Mexican Plum, the harbinger of Spring around here. The Bradford's are just budding. Shot with the iPhone 13 on my morning walk.

Don't forget the Mountain Cedar/Juniper trees in full pollen mode

Here it's Pine Trees, still early for them, usually 1st to 2nd week of March.

Good morning! Gorgeous day here as well. Starting out at 61F with a targeted high of 85F today. The fam is all coming over and they're making eggs benedict in honor of my successful circumnavigation of the sun last Thursday. The house is starting to smell scrumptious.

@Original katomi, that sounds miserable. No way to prevent the flow through? I'm guessing it is a detached garage.
A very, merry unbirthday to you!

Yesterday we had an afternoon-ish full moon. I grabbed my ancient, full manual 300mm Takumar lens and tried to take a few. It was so cold the focus ring was barely workable. Contrast was so low that the focus indicators did not show up at all. I stopped it down to around F8. I did try re-focusing a few times, but I still have to go through all the files to see if I accidentally got one in focus. Anyway, here's one of them.

This is taken using my Lumix G85 and processed from the raw:

Attachments

• P1720109 -1a1600-C2.jpg
    P1720109 -1a1600-C2.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Howdy hosers! Well, February heard everyone kvetching about hitting 90F in February, so today it is in the 40's. Personally, I enjoyed the warmer weather. 😁 Not to worry though, we will be back up to 80F on Saturday.

Experimenting with some new low carb options. Made fried chicken cutlets yesterday dredged in a mix of oat and lupin (the flower) flour in a 1 to 3 mix, and it came out quite good. Will be trying out waffles with the lupin flour soon, to make chicken and waffles with the leftover cutlets. Of course, using maple syrup will sort of defeat the low carb status of the meal, but it will be much lower than with wheat flour.

Most reactions

Back