What's new

The Coffee House

WOOHOO!!!!! Seller is fixing the sewer!!!!! All that is left now is the appraisal and underwriter which I should hear about in the next 2 days. Also have the movers booked to move my apartment AND my $200 a month storage unit, will be nice to get that $200 a month back.
Great news! The $200/mo bonus is wonderful too
 
Southern sweet tea! If anything can overwhelm the pancreas, it's that stuff... diabetes in a glass... 😂
If it doesn't grow sweaters on your teeth, it aint southern sweet tea. lol. Try some with a fresh mint leaf crushed in it. mmmmm.
 
I hit the jackpot of camera deals. A friend of mine offered me a bunch of old film stuff for $100 and I couldn't believe what I got. He briefly told me what he had and I'm yeah, sure! Why not.

What I got is:

Nikkormat FTN,
Nikkor-S Nippon Kogaku 35mm f/2.8
Nikkor-H Nippon Kogaku 50mm f/2
Nikon N6006
Nikon N90s
Fujica AX-1 + 50mm 1.6
New Cotton Carrier CCS G3

And a bunch of random stuff that includes, square and circular filters with holder, a vintage sunpak flash that still works, and a off brand lenses that are not worth a bunch.

For the main stuff I got, they are all in working condition although Nikkormat has a meter that doesn't work but who cares its fully mechanical and in pristine condition.

I estimated the value to be around $700. So I did pretty good!!
 
Happy Friday, hosers!

More rain predicted around here for the weekend...shocked! I am not. Hubby's trying to get the front porch and the house trim painted, and it's been slow going. He got the porch ceiling primed today. Yay! Be a couple days before he can get out there again. 🌩️

Our niece was supposed to be in town for the weekend but had to cancel her trip. Blah!

Who has something fun planned this weekend?
 
Happy Friday, hosers!

More rain predicted around here for the weekend...shocked! I am not. Hubby's trying to get the front porch and the house trim painted, and it's been slow going. He got the porch ceiling primed today. Yay! Be a couple days before he can get out there again. 🌩️

Our niece was supposed to be in town for the weekend but had to cancel her trip. Blah!

Who has something fun planned this weekend?

Well I wanted to go to my town's independence day parade & celebration but like last year it's gonna rain and it's gonna be cooler. Doesn't look like it's gonna be a pleasant time. Last year it rained a lot, flooded too but it was warm at least. I'm a bit disappointed because I wanted to shoot film, just something different.
 
We're in the level 3 category of drought. Got 1/4" all told yesterday and last night. Possibility of more tomorrow and Saturday, but we need some soaking rain. Fireworks for the 4th might be a no go for us as the State Fire Marshall is considering the risk.
 
@smoke665 : you could always enjoy the view in my backyard after our overnight downpour:

20240620_164002.webp


It makes the ducks so happy! That red hose is connected to the pool pump over the 50-gallon tank we installed when it gets overwhelmed by these sudden downpours. The water will be gone in an hour or two.

This picture is actually from last week when the same thing happened, but we're looking at it again this morning. :rolleyes: Now you see why we're over it!

But I well recall those conditions of drought in Georgia. Watching the sky and fingers crossed for more than a light shower here and there. I'd send you my pond if I could!
 
@terri We're in a cycle now of pop up showers, where we get 1/0-1/4" inch of rain, which is good, but then the sun comes out, the temperature climbs to the high 90's and we lose most of the benefit. We need a good soaking of a couple inches.
 
@terri We're in a cycle now of pop up showers, where we get 1/0-1/4" inch of rain, which is good, but then the sun comes out, the temperature climbs to the high 90's and we lose most of the benefit. We need a good soaking of a couple inches.
Agreed. The flowers may perk up but the grass is still crunchy and trees and bushes rely on that deeper water table. Ugh. Drought is nerve wracking.
 
@terri when we built our house we laid Centipede sod around the house. They call it the "lazy man" grass. Grows slow, spreads fairly rapidly, forms a dense turf, and is somewhat drought resistant. When it gets really hot and dry, it will go dormant, even turning brown and "crunchy", but as soon as the rain hits it, it springs right back.
 
WOOHOO!!!!! Seller is fixing the sewer!!!!! All that is left now is the appraisal and underwriter which I should hear about in the next 2 days. Also have the movers booked to move my apartment AND my $200 a month storage unit, will be nice to get that $200 a month back.
House per appraisal is worth $4000 more than what I'm buying it for........Yeah Baby!
 
Ugh! The humidity is absolutely horrid today. I spent 20 minutes hand watering the new St Augustine turf and I think I was more drenched than the grass by the time I was done. My petunias are done, so now I need to find something to replace them with. I found some Madagascar Periwinkle on sale at WM a few weeks ago, and they are doing great, so I may replace the petunias with more of those. My outside sitting place has taken shape, but now I'll have to wait until the Autumn, because its just too dang miserable out there right now.

In other news, the In-laws are visiting this weekend, so we are enjoying spending some time with them. MLW has her Dad hanging new Roman blinds in the living room, and MIL wants to organize the house, which means weeks of trying to find the new locations for everything that got "organized"... 😂
 
We're in a bit of a dry spell. it's been hot but we had a night of 70s.
MLW is currently making N.E. clam chowder. We'll eat early tonight as she is working the back 12 at the Watch Office tonight.
 
Last edited:
Hi all, to all that it’s of interest to
Wishing you a happy 4th July
I have so many doc & hops appointments for the next week so prob won’t get here to wish you happy 4th.
Seems that I don’t even get time for photography at the moment.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom