What's new

The Coffee House

@jeffashman To early to predict yet, but lookd like you could be in the path of Hurricane Beryl in the coming days
 
OY!!!!! Two weeks before the move and both my Mustang's are dead. My 88 convertible won't start (electrical problem) and the transmission is not shifting right in the 99 coupe. Sending the 99 to the trans shop to see what's up. Hope it's just a torque converter and does not need a total rebuild. Lucky I have a friend with a van I can use. Just could not wait till I was at the house.............OY!!!!!!
 
@jeffashman To early to predict yet, but lookd like you could be in the path of Hurricane Beryl in the coming days
Hope it brings us some rain. :) I've been watching it, but I'm always skeptical of the weather news, because these days they seem more focused on getting people all worked up rather than just giving them the forecast. My dad was an old school meteorologist, who did the launch weather for some of the Apollo shots and for the Eastern Missile Test Range; he was one of those people who could look at a weather chart and tell you with 90% accuracy what the weather for the next week was going to be. He said that once everyone moved to prediction models, accuracy plummeted, which is why the actual weather never seems to match what they forecast. A futures broker wanted to hire him after he retired from the Air Force in order to get multi-year weather forecasts for corn, soy, wheat futures prediction; he turned them down in spite of them offering crazy money, because he had scruples.
 
OY!!!!! Two weeks before the move and both my Mustang's are dead. My 88 convertible won't start (electrical problem) and the transmission is not shifting right in the 99 coupe. Sending the 99 to the trans shop to see what's up. Hope it's just a torque converter and does not need a total rebuild. Lucky I have a friend with a van I can use. Just could not wait till I was at the house.............OY!!!!!!
Silly man, did you think you would be the first human EVER to have an uneventful move? Oh, how we laugh.....!

Well, not really. ;) I hope neither issue keeps them out of circulation for long. Wishing you best of luck with the move!
 
Hope it brings us some rain. :) I've been watching it, but I'm always skeptical of the weather news, because these days they seem more focused on getting people all worked up rather than just giving them the forecast. My dad was an old school meteorologist, who did the launch weather for some of the Apollo shots and for the Eastern Missile Test Range; he was one of those people who could look at a weather chart and tell you with 90% accuracy what the weather for the next week was going to be. He said that once everyone moved to prediction models, accuracy plummeted, which is why the actual weather never seems to match what they forecast. A futures broker wanted to hire him after he retired from the Air Force in order to get multi-year weather forecasts for corn, soy, wheat futures prediction; he turned them down in spite of them offering crazy money, because he had scruples.
Great story about your dad! I agree that weather forecasts seem to be haphazard guesswork much of the time. It's maddening that things seem to change, right up to the day in question!

Hope you all get some much needed rain withOUT the trauma-drama of a Cat 5 hurricane, or whatever they're screaming it is right now. Stay safe!
 
-3.3°C🥶! Wish it would rain and then we'd have snow🤪... gonna be a beautiful sunny day though. Looking forward to pottering around the yards after getting the bunnys back home.
IMG_20240703_060436.webp
 
Thumper 1.7kg & Binky 1.8kg, all done for 12 months👍. Cost AU$200 each but it was a twice a year thing but they've made a new vaccine which is just yearly now.

Little men done well there...

Ps. Im a nong, i got the cube of soil. Gonna just take my time with it!
Pps. What a sunny winter's day! Think some Pink Floyd is called for🤪...
 
All done, gonna get the lattice on tomorrow.

The 2 beds are different heights slightly, this bed was an add on and wasn't planned originally.

The lattice will make it look even, and im not a perfectionist. It's neat enough👍...

IMG_20240703_173150.webp
 
Hey hosers. We were in Canada for Canada Day and now we're back in the US for Independence Day tomorrow. Depending on the crowds and the heat in Boston, we might not even get off the ship. I've seen Boston plenty of times and live close enough that I can get there easily anyway. We really just want to try to get to our favorite bookstore but won't be docking for another 1.5 hours and still have to do customs inspections, so we may not be able to get there before it closes tonight, and it will be closed tomorrow.
 
Feel free to send it my way, it's 85f here but I could use more. 🤣
I'll talk it over with the bunnys, they've had a lazy day inside infront of it after there big adventure yesterday😉.

Yeah 85F is above my liking, 73F is the goldilocks zone for i... hoping we get snow on the little mountain this season for a day adventure.

You liking the heat?
 
Some new plants for the bunnys in the new raised bed, gotta make a slight adjustment on it tomorrow and then plant'em👍.
IMG_20240704_144927.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom