What's new

The Coffee House

Hi all, to all that it’s of interest to
Wishing you a happy 4th July
I have so many doc & hops appointments for the next week so prob won’t get here to wish you happy 4th.
Seems that I don’t even get time for photography at the moment.
Thank you for remembering! :)
 
Hi all, to all that it’s of interest to
Wishing you a happy 4th July
I have so many doc & hops appointments for the next week so prob won’t get here to wish you happy 4th.
Seems that I don’t even get time for photography at the moment.
Thank you!
 
! The humidity is absolutely horrid today. I spent 20 minutes hand watering the new St Augustine turf and I think I was more drenched than the grass by the time I
Same here, there's a front moving through tonight so we should get a reprieve. We have been blessed with a few showers. Not enough to end our drought but hopefully keep it from worsening.

Wishing you a happy 4th July
I have so many doc & hops appointments for the next week so prob won’t get here to wish you happy 4th.
Thank you. I used to make fun of my "older" relatives living their life around medical appointments.....now I'm there.
 
Probably no fireworks this year. In Toronto we have two days per year for fireworks. Victoria's Day is in May and then July 1 for Canada Day. The weather is perfect, but I looked at the locations available and there are only four I can get to, and they are hard for me to get to. Looks like I'm going to miss it. . . .
 
Busy summer so far. In the last week I've had 3 photo sessions with 2 more in the next week. Last night we went to a flower farm for photos of my friend's 11yo grandson. He does a great job and loves when I say "model's choice" when posing. I didn't have a theme in mind and told the mother & grandmother whatever they wanted. I did suggest he bring his guitar. The shots with the guitar turned out and I shot a little video. She had a cart of flags, picnic basket, fruit, blanket, 2 hot dogs and an apple pie!. My husband ate one of the hot dogs and picked at the pie crust. Told him his job was to carry the vintage wood folding chair. :lol:
 
Well my town's independence day celebration was a bust for me. They still did the parade but I really didn't feel like standing in down pouring rain and 57f. Just not my kind of way I wanted to start summer. They should have postponed to the following day because it was 82f and sunny! 🤦‍♂️

But I'm going try to attend a neighboring towns' 4th of july parade which might be good because I never watched it before. I always watch their fireworks though, they are amazing. I am even thinking about shooting fireworks on film!!!!
 
Well I did something I haven't done in years, I shot a test roll of film in the Yashica Mat. Now to get up the courage to send it in for processing.🤪
 
Well I did something I haven't done in years, I shot a test roll of film in the Yashica Mat. Now to get up the courage to send it in for processing.🤪

Only one way to know, right? I just sent out 3 rolls for processing and high resolution scanning. $38...not terrible. I am really curious how the photos from the Yashica TL Electro X come out.
 
@nerwin if the test roll comes back decent I'll finish the cosmetic restoration on the camera. Might have to reevaluate the project.
 
My city has a very cute baby carriage and tricycle parade around the Common (Melrose not Boston) on the 4th followed by a free concert at one of the local outdoor venues. We have our own symphony, the MSO, and they typically perform a few times each year.

In nearby Boston, where it all began - sorry Philly, there will be harbor fireworks on the 2nd for Harborfest, and then the traditional Boston pops and fireworks on the Esplanade on the 4th. It’s going to be hot and humid all week. Not sure if I’m going through with my plans to meet friends to photograph the harbor fireworks. This is not my preferred weather. I usually skip the Esplanade on the 4th as I’ve been many times when I was younger and it’s great but is a lot of work to get in/find a viewing spot/wait for hours/get out.
 
Good evening hosers. We were planning on going to a Jeep Parade in one of the subdivions in Southern maryland on the Fourth. We did it last year and had a ball, throwing candy to the kids.

Not sure if we'll go, this year. I've come down with something - sinus, sore throat, minor achiness.
 
Happy Canada Day, hosers!

I wore red shoes while walking around Halifax today, and accidentally looked like I was celebrating with the local hosers.
 
Still too soon for us to decide if we'll do anything special for the 4th.

Our neighborhood is so awesome - today (like last year) some folks drove through and planted small American flags in everyone's yards. On the 4th there will be a little parade a few streets over, and fireworks at night over the golf course. We're only one street up from the golf course, so we can literally sit on the driveway and have a great view. ❤️

Of course, if the weather doesn't cooperate it's all for naught, but fingers crossed! Today has been gorgeous: full sun, low humidity and mid-70sF. Our backyard pond is long gone! :lol:
 
Built another raised veggie bed, POS circular saw died. Need a spine transplant i think, was gonna get soil tomorrow for it but to sore.

The bunnys have there virus shot in the morning anyway, a lazy day tomorrow i reckon...
 
Hey there Photopeeps! No plans for the 4th, other than to finally be able to grab the camera and go for a walk... in the 100F heat and 55% humidity... note to self, take the camelback and stay hydrated.

In other news, I zapped my DW with a zinger. Good thing she wasn't drinking milk... or anything else for that matter. We were eating hamburgers with her parents and one of my son decided to join us. I told him the burgers were on the counter, there were baked beans, and bags of "piss and vinegar" chips (Cape Cod sea salt and vinegar)... she completely lost control and everyone had a good time.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom