What's new

The Coffee House

Apparently we have a monsoon season. Rain everyday for the past few days, and no relief for the next 10 days. Checking daily to see if I'm getting webbed feet. 🤪
 
Apparently we have a monsoon season. Rain everyday for the past few days, and no relief for the next 10 days. Checking daily to see if I'm getting webbed feet. 🤪
We are expecting crappy rainy weather next week too, unfortunately My nephew will be visiting from TX and I have the week off. I was hoping for nicer weather so we could head to the mountains for some hiking and lazy river tubing.
 
We are expecting crappy rainy weather next week too, unfortunately My nephew will be visiting from TX and I have the week off. I was hoping for nicer weather so we could head to the mountains for some hiking and lazy river tubing.
I feel your pain, @smoke665 and @SquarePeg ! We picked a bad summer to paint the porch and house trim. Hubby is irked that the project is dragging on due to the rain.

I've had one of the year-old ilex bushes drown already, and 2 more looking yellowed and dropping leaves. Purple coneflowers do like water, but are suffering a little, too. Most of my potted annuals on the deck are yellowed and thin. Ugh!

We've actually had great weather the last few days, with lower humidity and no rain in sight. But it's going to take days to really dry out in the back yard, where it's flooded twice this month already, so I hope it lasts.
 
MLSIL hasn't been down in weeks and we haven't done much around the house. We decided against going to the Jeep 4th Parade, all due to the heat. Slacked off today, as well. I was planning on some watercoloring but couldn't decide on a subject. I ended up watching the first episode of Vikings Valhalla (sequal to Vikings), the first Avatar movie, and started the second (I hadn't seen them until now).
 
Must be the rainy season here. There were floods last week and a dam overflow. Fortunately our immediate area was ok. I have a creek session on hold. The creek is running high.
 
Another day another string of storms and rain. 😒 The ground is saturated to the point that trees are falling over for lack of support. Walking Phoebe yesterday on the firelanes during a break, when ahead of us a tree just fell over.
 
Partly cloudy, today. Temp's are lower but MLW said it was still humid, when she got home at 07:30. I'll just stay here on the couch with a kitty beside me.
 
Howdy hosers! I'm back from my adventure with my granddaughter! Not much in the way of photos sadly, but it was a very good time. We had to cancel a number of events like the Cincinatti Zoo due to the stultifying heat and humidity or rain or both. Ugh! I did get some shots, but not many. She took a number of shots on the Canon SX530 I loaned her, so I'll download those and see what she got. I took a Kodak Pixpro 528 with me so that I would have something light and easy to carry, but in the end most of the shots were done with the iPhone 13 Pro. I got introduced to a new for me genre of music during those long hours driving, and we bebopped down the road to K-pop. Never let your grands figure out how to control the music... 😂 We spent a day in Nashville with her great-granparents, then a day and a half in Lebanon Ohio with her other great grandmother and great aunt, and then in Richmond VA with my siblings. The best activity was a visit to the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. Now for a day to recover from the driving, and back to work tomorrow.

Well, I had an opportunity to look at some of the shots she took. Wow! She did a fantastic job for someone who has no training and hasn't held a camera (other than a cellphone) before. I'll share some of the better ones in the Just For Fun forum later, without PP. She's a natural.
 
Last edited:
Howdy hosers! I'm back from my adventure with my granddaughter! Not much in the way of photos sadly, but it was a very good time. We had to cancel a number of events like the Cincinatti Zoo due to the stultifying heat and humidity or rain or both. Ugh! I did get some shots, but not many. She took a number of shots on the Canon SX530 I loaned her, so I'll download those and see what she got. I took a Kodak Pixpro 528 with me so that I would have something light and easy to carry, but in the end most of the shots were done with the iPhone 13 Pro. I got introduced to a new for me genre of music during those long hours driving, and we bebopped down the road to K-pop. Never let your grands figure out how to control the music... 😂 We spent a day in Nashville with her great-granparents, then a day and a half in Lebanon Ohio with her other great grandmother and great aunt, and then in Richmond VA with my siblings. The best activity was a visit to the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. Now for a day to recover from the driving, and back to work tomorrow.

Well, I had an opportunity to look at some of the shots she took. Wow! She did a fantastic job for someone who has no training and hasn't held a camera (other than a cellphone) before. I'll share some of the better ones in the Just For Fun forum later, without PP. She's a natural.
That sounds awesome! Glad it went so well and you got all the visiting done. You definitely got close enough to our Midwestern/Northern summer of wet! Sorry.

Looking forward to seeing pics from both of you!
 
Doing no work today, gonna be a really nice sunny winter's day so i think a few parks & sandwiches are called for👍. Stop by the nursery and look for a couple of plants to replace the ones i dug up yesterday.
 
I spent all day working on checking the road centerlines, trying to find errors in elevation, connectivity and one-way designations - about 85,000 road segments. At least the desktop got repaired from the FalcolnStrike screwup early this morning. That allowed me to remote in and run the process on the more powerful desktop.

The boss and his wife cleaned up the kayaks over the weekend and I'll picke them up Friday, after work. He found out he was wrong about the size - they are 12-footers, not 10. They'll track straight a little better but won't be quite as agile. Like anything else, always some compromises. I'll put together a storage rack next weekend using some 4x4s and 2x4s, and try to go shopping for a PFD and a small dry bag for phone, wallet and keys.

@jeffashman: K-Pop? I guess it's not much worse than Disco was.
 
Fun, fun, fun. My old Samsung tablet was just wore out, so ordered a new one during Amazon Prime Days. I hate setting up new tech!!!!!!!! I just don't have the patience for it, but surprisingly it's been going well
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom