What's new

The Coffee House

Fun, fun, fun. My old Samsung tablet was just wore out, so ordered a new one during Amazon Prime Days. I hate setting up new tech!!!!!!!! I just don't have the patience for it, but surprisingly it's been going well
Get Li'l Bit to do it for you.
 
I lied, twice.

1. Didn't go to the parks, i went outta town to a local reservoir for a 3 hour wander.

2. I did do work, i mowed the front and backyard when i got back.
 
The boss and his wife cleaned up the kayaks over the weekend and I'll picke them up Friday, after work. He found out he was wrong about the size - they are 12-footers, not 10. They'll track straight a little better but won't be quite as agile. Like anything else, always some compromises. I'll put together a storage rack next weekend using some 4x4s and 2x4s, and try to go shopping for a PFD and a small dry bag for phone, wallet and keys.
Where you planning to take'em out to? Life jacket is a must, i feel naked without mine on🤣.

This is my craft she's a 14 footer.
IMG_20240723_175748.webp
 
@snowbear from college into my late 20's I did many an overnight canoe trips along the Jack's Fork and Current River in the Ozarks. Depending on flow they can range from Class III - IV. About 15 years ago nostalgia convinced me to buy another canoe. Took DW on a local stream that at best is a Class II, it didn't go well as she doesn't take directions and we ended up arguing the whole time, with her finally demanding her own boat. About 7 yrs ago we rented kayaks and did a day trip down the Peace River in FL. You haven't lived till you share water up close and personal with gators! Fast forward to current, we have two sit-ons at the lake (no longer nimble enough to get in one otherwise). We paddle around the sheltered areas, but our stamina for longer trips has vanished. I've been trying to teach Lil'bit how to paddle, but like her grandmother - she doesn't take directions 🤪
 
In tech week of hell. We got a new modem from the cable company. Tried to set it up and finally called their support. Turns out they have to add it on their end. Now why didn't the guy at the counter that did an exchange not tell me??? Step 2 was a new router. Finally got that set up and they had to add Google, the lights, and the cameras. It wasn't easy. Things did not go how they should with transfer/set up. One camera I had to remove from the app and add back in. It still wouldn't sync so I charged over night and now it is connected.

I want to change the password on the new router and hit another snag. It won't go thru the steps needed. I called tech support the other day and was on hold for an hour. I'll try again sometime this week. For now we are using the long crazy numbers, letters & symbols that are the default.
 
Stillwater until I know what I’m doing, then local rivers. Exploring and fishing.
So you've never been in one yeah?

Id say for starters sit in the craft in knee deep water and get a feel of the floating action for 15 odd minutes, then gradually start rocking left and right to feel the rolling action of it.

Then lean right over to the flipping point a few times so you know the limit of how far it can roll before it flips, make sure you flip it probably as to getting wet👍.

Then just paddle up and down the shoreline till your comfortable.
 
I had a 15' canoe so it's not completely foreign to me. In fact, I picked up the canoe in the morning, then picked up MLW's engagement ring that night. Prorities, ya know. :biglaugh:
 
Last edited:
Put the car in for a service, i gotta start taking it easy on the bloody dirt roads. Dam pot holes messed up the alignment and has been eating into my new tyres he reckons.

Both were only just done a christmas time, so an extra $200 now on top of the service price dam it. Could be worse i guess but definitely no prawns for a month or 2😱.
 
I had a 15' canoe so it's not completely foreign to me. In fact, I picked up the canoe in the morning, then picked up MLW's engagement ring that night. Prorities, ya know. :biglaugh:
Well, as Pierre Berton always said, "A Canadian is somebody who knows how to make love in a canoe."
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom