What's new

The Coffee House

There's a lot of good photo opportunities there. It's a beautiful little city. I don't have many pictures scanned in, but I have a few of the town. I wasn't taking nearly as many pictures then, though, so when I go back for a visit, I'm sure I'll take more pictures in a week or two than I did my whole two years there! :)
 
Ah, JSTOR. I have access to that in the academic databases at my school.
i have a account but since it is a free version i am only allowed three books on my shelf at once. lol


A complete non sequiter: What the he double L does Bribris standfor, or is derived from. On the whole internet I was able to find only one reference a Rutherford s. Bribrius who did some obscure treatise on some biblical stuff. Now my curiousity is piqued....please scratch it! lol
 
Ah, JSTOR. I have access to that in the academic databases at my school.
i have a account but since it is a free version i am only allowed three books on my shelf at once. lol


A complete non sequiter: What the he double L does Bribris standfor, or is derived from. On the whole internet I was able to find only one reference a Rutherford s. Bribrius who did some obscure treatise on some biblical stuff. Now my curiousity is piqued....please scratch it! lol
never tried that. i did a search and it came up as one of my online personalities, someone elses, and some twenty year old female. i can assure you i am not a twenty year old female. Unfortunately i had another one i favored more but as time went on it became more and more unavailable wherever i went online. Since my name is Brian bribrius made sense as it is my nickname and the us for united states as i frequented overseas sites. Or you consider bri bri is two so it would be "us" even if it is rather me. That wouldn't be the original thinking on it though. More like kenyuk for united kingdom.
i think it came from a old English proverb meaning "internet troll post foolish stuff"
 
Buenos Dias Coffee Housers. Weather check., 54F right now, should reach 70F ... another long sleeve day. I'm still in my PhotoShop class and I'm learning a lot, nothing applicable for my photographic workflow, but all the stuff is good to know.
 
Buenos Dias Coffee Housers. Weather check., 54F right now, should reach 70F ... another long sleeve day. I'm still in my PhotoShop class and I'm learning a lot, nothing applicable for my photographic workflow, but all the stuff is good to know.

You and your temperate climate! Long sleeves indeed! Here the cold snap is letting up. It was in the mid-thirties and pretty still this morning and it seems to be 42 right now.
 
Buenos Dias Coffee Housers. Weather check., 54F right now, should reach 70F ... another long sleeve day. I'm still in my PhotoShop class and I'm learning a lot, nothing applicable for my photographic workflow, but all the stuff is good to know.

You and your temperate climate! Long sleeves indeed! Here the cold snap is letting up. It was in the mid-thirties and pretty still this morning and it seems to be 42 right now.
But it gets cold at night ... and you have real Phili Cheese Steak to keep you warm.
 
Here's the winner from today's exam scoring session:

"There are a few reason why police should stop and frisk someone one of them it's because they are just trying to make New York City safe. I agree with this because people think cop are just stop and searching someone because they are Hispanic or black that absolutely not true it's about their beaver."

Ah, spell check. Good times.
 
If a Hispanic or black has a beaver I would hope the cop frisks them. I think that possession of a beaver is probable cause.
 
Punctuation is nice to have, too.
 
Hey everyone! What's up?
I haven't been on much this week. It's been a really hard week.
One of my sweet, sweet ladies in my Sunday School class ( I teach an older ladies' class, most of them are 75 years old and older) passed away very suddenly, less than a week after one of her sons had passed away.

Then the mom of a very close friend (the friend's name is Wanda) passed away on Tuesday, one day before Wanda's birthday.
Another good friend's mom (this is the friend whose husband died on Memorial Day) ended up in the hospital. Fortunately, she is back home now and doing better.
ALL of these people are about the age of my own mom, so it always just makes me so aware that we aren't promised tomorrow--and yet, ironically, because of all the things going on this week, I've not gotten to spend any time with MY mom.

Glad it's finally Friday, but tonight's the funeral for the first woman I mentioned, so a bummer way to start a weekend.

On a brighter note, it's warmed up here a bit; tomorrow should be sunny and close to 60 for a high, so I'm hoping to actually get out and do some photography, if I can still remember how.
 
That's a tough week, Sharon :icon_hug:
 
Hey everyone! What's up?
I haven't been on much this week. It's been a really hard week.
One of my sweet, sweet ladies in my Sunday School class ( I teach an older ladies' class, most of them are 75 years old and older) passed away very suddenly, less than a week after one of her sons had passed away.

Then the mom of a very close friend (the friend's name is Wanda) passed away on Tuesday, one day before Wanda's birthday.
Another good friend's mom (this is the friend whose husband died on Memorial Day) ended up in the hospital. Fortunately, she is back home now and doing better.
ALL of these people are about the age of my own mom, so it always just makes me so aware that we aren't promised tomorrow--and yet, ironically, because of all the things going on this week, I've not gotten to spend any time with MY mom.

Glad it's finally Friday, but tonight's the funeral for the first woman I mentioned, so a bummer way to start a weekend.

On a brighter note, it's warmed up here a bit; tomorrow should be sunny and close to 60 for a high, so I'm hoping to actually get out and do some photography, if I can still remember how.
Religion is good. Gives a person justification for their existence if they need more than Darwin.
 
up late last night watching the documentary about polaroid on Netflix. Paying for it this morning...
 
Well the next time my wife says " Don't eat that, I think it's spoiled."
Ya major food poison. Tuesday till now. Still a little weak. Can't sneeze my sides hurt so much from the onslaught. Yep that's a good word. Well mending is something this old bird has learned to do. Later Ed
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom