The food and drink thread

This recipe was my invention. Chicken breast meat loaf.
Grind 3 pounds of chicken breast add half chopped medium onion 1/2 cup ketchup and 2 Tbsp
Sriracha sauce. Add bread crumbs to get the right consistency cover with ketchup and sriracha sauce
and bake at 350 degrees till the center reaches 165 degrees.

FakSuJb.jpg

Can you tell me about how you did those potatoes and chickpeas in the Harissa lamb with chickpeas dish?

Sure, they are hasselback potatoes. I used baby potatoes then put them on a wooden spoon and slice with a flat bladed knife, it doesn't cut all the way through so the open up when cooking. From there I just roasted them with a little olive oil, salt and pepper.

The lamb is a Raymond Blanć recipe from here: Dishes from Raymond Blanc's new book inspired by his mother

You cover the lamb in harrissa paste, cover and slow roast for 4-6 hours, then add the chickpeas, some chopped roasted red peppers and parsley to the cooking juices and toss. He also used preserved lemon but I omited that as I'm not a fan of lemon.

Cooking/Baking/Food has the power to bring people together. This a relaxed fun thread about food and drinks. Snack food is also included. What are you eating and drinking throughout the day? My main passion is photography but I also like to bake cakes, pies, cookies, etc. One day I will put them together... no i am not baking my camera. To start I made an 18" Reeses's peanut butter cup.
IK7ANTZl.jpg

vNqBB7Al.jpg

Edit* made pictures smaller.
Wow! Now I'll never call my Stoiuffers frozen gormet.

Sure, they are hasselback potatoes. I used baby potatoes then put them on a wooden spoon and slice with a flat bladed knife, it doesn't cut all the way through so the open up when cooking. From there I just roasted them with a little olive oil, salt and pepper.

The lamb is a Raymond Blanć recipe from here: Dishes from Raymond Blanc's new book inspired by his mother

You cover the lamb in harrissa paste, cover and slow roast for 4-6 hours, then add the chickpeas, some chopped roasted red peppers and parsley to the cooking juices and toss. He also used preserved lemon but I omited that as I'm not a fan of lemon.

Thanks!

I don't eat any meat other than a few kinds of seafood, so I'll be skipping the lamb ;) But the potatoes sound great, and I'll figure out some other kind of "juices" for the chickpeas.

I've got a new toy. A Strata Home Sous Vide immersion cooker. Picked it up from a thrift store. Had a 39.99 price tag. That colored tag was 75% off. 10.00. My kinda deal! Still had the protective film on the face. Took it home and made sure it worked. Then, hit the restaurant supply store. Almost 40.00 for the container and lid. Ouch! But, it's something I've really wanted to try. Took it out to my dad's and we came up with a plan to cut the lid. Think it turned out great. Sorry for the Cell pics.

Plan to get together with my youngest son this weekend. Gonna test it out. Hopefully, I'll have pics of something good. Not sure what we plan to try. Lol.

Attachments

• 20210614_163235.jpg
    20210614_163235.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
  • 20210614_192145.jpg
    20210614_192145.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 51
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Good score ! But waste of money for the container, any old soup pot will do :icon_smile:

But the lid does help, a bit, if you are going to be "cooking" for a long time...

Beef rib eye going into mine in about an hour !

Cheers, Don

Good score ! But waste of money for the container, any old soup pot will do :icon_smile:

But the lid does help, a bit, if you are going to be "cooking" for a long time...

Beef rib eye going into mine in about an hour !

Cheers, Don
I know an old soup pot will do. But, that's just for me. If I get together with the son, that's now 6 people. Modified a rib rack that will hold 5 vac bags upright. Plus, I have a couple other ideas planned.

I know an old soup pot will do. But, that's just for me. If I get together with the son, that's now 6 people. Modified a rib rack that will hold 5 vac bags upright. Plus, I have a couple other ideas planned.

Gotcha !

Just a quick snap before digging in :drool2:

Sous vide 24 Jun 2021.jpg

Cheers, Don

Gotcha !

Man, that looks delicious! I can cook up anything. But, a complete noob when it comes to this. We've settled on a couple of Tri-tips. Or should I say my DIL decided for us. It's her Bday weekend. I'm not going to argue. Lol. Got some other things going in the smoker, too. These will be seared over the smoker box. I'll share some pics.

Weepete, awesome looking meals.

If you haven't tried hassleback potatoes, you're missing out. Worth the work. A million ways to make them. In the oven, grill or smoker. No matter how you make them......sprinkle some freshly grated parmesan on top. Takes it to a whole 'nother level!

I know a lot of folks like to make potato salad. Stop boiling them. Bake, grill or smoke the potatoes. Chill them in the fridge overnight. With or without the skins, it's stupid good. 10 times the flavor of boiled. Give it a try.

Do any of you offer carryout??

Or deliver several states (or countries) away? Didn't think so...!

@RowdyRay, thanks mate! My daughter was 21 yesterday so easy to clean the grill and fire up the smoker again. Yesterday was manic with presents, family and cooking (in torrentail rain) with the covid restrictions still on us needing to stagger the visits! So tonight I chilled out, and since Mrs weepete was at her friends I took a little time over my own meal. The BBQ last night was smashed so no leftovers for me but worth the extra time for those ribs!

Do any of you offer carryout??

Or deliver several states (or countries) away? Didn't think so...!
Hehehe, no. Unfortunately you need to endure my company if you also want fed by me 😉😂😂

But thanks! I do think that American BBQ is some of the best food in the world, so I'm trying to emulate that a little in Scotland. Great BBQ is virtually impossible to find here (tends to be oven cooked with BBQ sauce 🙄)

I've love to get an authentic American vinegar sauce recipe for pulled pork. Tried a few online but I'm nit sure they are the real thing so if anyone has one and can share I'll find a shoulder to go on the BBQ and post up some pictures (or you could come found to my house to try some😂😂😂)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back