The Kiss - First Wedding C&C

PNWSGM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First wedding I've ever done. Was referred by a friend of bride and groom. Let me know how it looks, might re-edit this one.. not sure yet.

The Kiss by M.Larsonphotography, on Flickr

Looks pretty good; maybe a tech hot on some of the whites, but that's minor. Unfortunately the groom's expression doesn't really say "Love" to me.

Looks pretty good; maybe a tech hot on some of the whites, but that's minor. Unfortunately the groom's expression doesn't really say "Love" to me.

Yeah, I purposely over exposed the pictures because White is the a typical wedding color and if I exposed everything at the "correct exposure" it didn't stand out.

Yeah, I purposely over exposed the pictures because White is the a typical wedding color and if I exposed everything at the "correct exposure" it didn't stand out.

Ya what? I think I had to read your post several times to convince myself you were not joking. C'mon! That is an example of irrational thinking on your part.

If sometime in the future you want to become serious about photography, start by learning the fundamentals and then go from there.

First wedding I've ever done. Was referred by a friend of bride and groom. Let me know how it looks, might re-edit this one.. not sure yet.

Light is too flat, looks overexposed, the bride missed his lips, his hand is in a wierd place, and I think you should shoot this one over again.

Light is too flat, looks overexposed, the bride missed his lips, his hand is in a wierd place, and I think you should shoot this one over again.

Yeah... let me just tell them to redo their wedding! -.-

Without meaning to appear thick, could you please explain this to me in small words? I really don't understand quite what you mean...

Without meaning to appear thick, could you please explain this to me in small words? I really don't understand quite what you mean...

I don't know how else to explain it other than saying, when taking test shots before the wedding the colors looked better if I overexposed everything a half step.

Edit: I have an example that I will post, but it won't be until later.

It really just looks like they accidently ran into each other face to face, it's just squished up. I hope that they work on this kiss thing, or this marriage is going to end up on the didn't work out stats list.

Yeah... let me just tell them to redo their wedding! -.-

I think you and I both know what they should have done.

Yeah, the biggest thing for me is the flat lighting. It doesn't make me say "wow, that's a wonderful photo of you two." It doesn't draw me in. It's just kind of like "eh, congrats. Now quit shoving your wedding album in my face, please."

All the technical stuff is there except for the lighting. I also think that maybe the crop is too tight. It doesn't give any context. Is this during the ceremony? Or just a posed photo? I can't tell...

Most reactions

Back