The New Xbox

runnah

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone excited?

Looks like they know what they are going after.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't played in a few years, maybe since high school. But with the graphics coming out today, its just unreal. I might have to look into it again.

I haven't played in a few years, maybe since high school. But with the graphics coming out today, its just unreal. I might have to look into it again.

Check out the trailer for Forza 5 on IGN. They really dissect the lighting effects and details. Very impressive.

It looks nice. Can't decide if I'll upgrade from the 360. Probably not to be completely honest. I only just got a new 360. And have been playing less and less. I suppose when the back compatibility with new games runs out I might... But not initially.

The one thing that bugs me is the actual design of the console. How ugly!!!

I'd be more interested in the PS4, but I have a sinking feeling that they botched it. I think for now we'll stick with our PS3.

Anyone looking forward to GTA5?

From what I've heard:

1) It doesn't have all the time online requirements to play - but you must login online every 24 hours or it locks you out.

2) Games will be tied to your account, if you want to trade or swap games you have to pay full MRSP on the title to unlock it on a new account.

They need to clear up the confusion about used games. A lot of people are under the belief that they will have to pay a fee (listed at $40) to play a used game. IGN has been reporting a lot about this. They also need to clear up the always on thing. If it needs a constant internet connection or log on every 24 hours, I can't really support that.

I like the 360, but I'm leaning more toward the ps4 at this point.

More info

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05...know?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

Last edited:
Oh Lord.. praying my husband does not catch wind of said Xbox. He has the need to own every console ever. We have the 360, PS3 and the WII U thing.

Hardware specs were about what I was expecting (last year average PC). The online connection check, required kinect and used games doesn't really affect me. I am fine with all them.

In the end the stuff I care about time will tell which are hardware reliability, prices and game library. As of right now I dont see myself getting it on launch day, but will probably pick it up at some point. I just didn't see anything special about it other than the TV integration which I dont care about.

From what I've heard:

1) It doesn't have all the time online requirements to play - but you must login online every 24 hours or it locks you out.

2) Games will be tied to your account, if you want to trade or swap games you have to pay full MRSP on the title to unlock it on a new account.

Yeah, the semi-forced online connection is a downer. As is the need not to play used games, or borrowed games, or your games on someone else console... That's all quite disappointing. But we'll see how it goes I guess.... It would be nice not to need the disc every time though.

My nine-year-old son is pretty stoked about it.

I am sure you can play old 360 games, you just have to pay to download them again.

Most reactions

Back