The New Xbox

My nine-year-old son is pretty stoked about it.

If that it is a dig at old farts like me still liking games, then I will not dignify it with a pithy and clever response.

My nine-year-old son is pretty stoked about it.

If that it is a dig at old farts like me still liking games, then I will not dignify it with a pithy and clever response.

Yeah. I can definitely understand the "videogames are a waste of time" mentality, but I think TV is worse.

As for the new XBOX and Playstation, I don't really care. In fact, I don't even see why new consoles are needed. Maybe I'm wrong, but I have a feeling all we're going to see is the same old crap that we already have--piles of tired old Call of Duty type games, yearly sports games, time-vampire open world stuff, etc.--but with stricter DRM and, if you squint really hard, slightly better graphics. IMO, it's not new hardware that is needed, it is new ideas for games.

My PS3 has been nothing but a video streamer for the past 2 years. This is the only game machine I play now:

$Capture.JPG

$Capture2.JPG

About 10,000 games to choose from, all chock full of the finest bleeps and bloops you've ever heard. :D

I am sure you can play old 360 games, you just have to pay to download them again.

Not sure how much though, whether 50% of original price or less.

Also, big brother is watching. I don't like the fact that the kinect has to be connected

I haven't played in a few years, maybe since high school. But with the graphics coming out today, its just unreal. I might have to look into it again.

Check out the trailer for Forza 5 on IGN. They really dissect the lighting effects and details. Very impressive.

Yeah and I bet they still haven't made it so you can choose how long a free play race is... or fixed the menus so you don't have to serially go back and forth through all the screen to change one option. That one simple bit of retardedness completely zeros out all the amazing things they got right.

Forze... ARRRGH. I WNAT to love it. I want to play it. But really I never even play the game anymore because I every time I think about it I just don't feel like spending 5 minutes in the menus for every 5 minutes driving. meh.

Oh, and also the new war on the used game market just might the straw that breaks the consoles back... as people flee to $5 games on phones and tablets rather than spend $60 on a console game. I think the game industry completely fails to understand that someone buying a $20 used game doesn't equal them "losing $60 in sales". The used market actually HELPS sell games as it lets a lot of game buyers not have to focus on the $60 they're spending... because "I can always sell it if it sucks". Take away that insurance / safety net and see how many copies of "grand phantasm gorefest deluxe" you manage to sell. I wouldn't be surprised to see a rapid falloff in sales as buyers won't part with as much money as quickly knowing they can't sell it used.

Other than that, the new xbox looks promising.

looking forward to it. ive got all 3 current consoles. well i didnt get a wii U. not going to spend a few hundred bucks just to play the newest mario game. but chances are i'll wind up with new xbox and new ps4 down the line. I wont buy at launch, probalby wait a year or so. let thigns get worked out. and give me time to play the half dozen games I havnt even started yet.

I haven't played in a few years, maybe since high school. But with the graphics coming out today, its just unreal. I might have to look into it again.

Check out the trailer for Forza 5 on IGN. They really dissect the lighting effects and details. Very impressive.

Yeah and I bet they still haven't made it so you can choose how long a free play race is... or fixed the menus so you don't have to serially go back and forth through all the screen to change one option. That one simple bit of retardedness completely zeros out all the amazing things they got right.

Forze... ARRRGH. I WNAT to love it. I want to play it. But really I never even play the game anymore because I every time I think about it I just don't feel like spending 5 minutes in the menus for every 5 minutes driving. meh.

Oh, and also the new war on the used game market just might the straw that breaks the consoles back... as people flee to $5 games on phones and tablets rather than spend $60 on a console game. I think the game industry completely fails to understand that someone buying a $20 used game doesn't equal them "losing $60 in sales". The used market actually HELPS sell games as it lets a lot of game buyers not have to focus on the $60 they're spending... because "I can always sell it if it sucks". Take away that insurance / safety net and see how many copies of "grand phantasm gorefest deluxe" you manage to sell. I wouldn't be surprised to see a rapid falloff in sales as buyers won't part with as much money as quickly knowing they can't sell it used.

Other than that, the new xbox looks promising.

You may have issues with Forza that I've never had. However, it beats the pants off of GT.

I have the XBox 360 and the Wii, and I love the graphics on the XBox, but I find that the controller is so difficult to use that I really prefer the Wii games at times. Whenever I play Red Dead Redemption on XBox, I can't figure out how to dive, roll and shoot in one motion. Some players are SO DAMN GOOD that when you play in "open mode" I get killed constantly and never see it coming.

It's just too complicated.

I have the XBox 360 and the Wii, and I love the graphics on the XBox, but I find that the controller is so difficult to use that I really prefer the Wii games at times. Whenever I play Red Dead Redemption on XBox, I can't figure out how to dive, roll and shoot in one motion. Some players are SO DAMN GOOD that when you play in "open mode" I get killed constantly and never see it coming.

It's just too complicated.

that's because as you get older you get to play an hour or two here and there as time allows and your going into a game and playing against kids and teenagers who play for 6-8 hours a day. kinda like wondering why you go out and do a photo shoot once a month and arn't progressing as fast as the guy next door who shoots everyday.

forza, really liked that game. i'd love to see xbox and logitech shake hands so they can make some wheels for the xbox. what they have now is crap unless you want to spend more then $500 for a wheel. but either way I like forza way better then gran turismo. I thought the last gt sucked. so much that i play forza with a controller rather then playing gt with a wheel\pedal and racing seat setup.

I'd be more interested in the PS4, but I have a sinking feeling that they botched it. I think for now we'll stick with our PS3.

Anyone looking forward to GTA5?

Yeah, I'll stick with PS3 until you can't get games for it and the PS+ downloads no longer work. PS to PS2 was a big jump. PS3 not so much.

Playstation devotee here. I think both of the new consoles will be great! That being said, I will be buying the PS4 when it comes out. I have been playing Battlefield 3 constantly since it's release and will be there for the next version. All of the consoles will be backward compatible in a sense. As stated, it will all be DLC eventually.

Playstation devotee here. I think both of the new consoles will be great! That being said, I will be buying the PS4 when it comes out. I have been playing Battlefield 3 constantly since it's release and will be there for the next version. All of the consoles will be backward compatible in a sense. As stated, it will all be DLC eventually.

A friend of mine (and former forum member) is working on BF4, and I must say it looks incredible.

A friend of mine (and former forum member) is working on BF4, and I must say it looks incredible.

Really!!?? Now that is exciting to to hear!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back