What's new

The Sydney Opera House Abstract

photorookie12

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 23, 2010
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Location
Norway
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So this is an abstract, though I think anyone who's seen a picture of the Sydney Opera House would guess what it is. So what's your verdict, does it work or not?

As always my own opinions are detailed on my bllog: Photo Analysis Sydney Opera House

sydneyoperahouse.jpg
 
I love it. I'd be interested in seeing how this looks Black and White.
 
I like it too. great abstraction
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. ZacFreeland: I'm not a big B&W guy, but if you want to monochrome it and post the alternative on this thread that's ok with me :)
 
Pretty good abstraction, I must say. Have to agree with the others post processing it into black and white. Overall though, this is cool.
 
I have looked at this several times, and refrained from commenting.

I would like to know why you all think it is great, even using the word "perfect". I want you to explain your comments and perhaps help me see what you see.
Using all you know about composition, why do you feel this is successful?
 
I really like this, it looks almost futuristic. The very fine detail embedded in the structure is really eye popping and the center of the structure which curves to the left looks almost like a race track for some type of futuristic cars. The only thing I'd change is including just a bit more of the opera house. Good work!
 
Bitter Jeweler, you can find my own reflections on composition etc. in my blog entry. As to what others find appealing or not I guess they will have to answer :)

Davor and JBArts, thanks for the positive feedback :)
 
Im with Bitter on this one.. Not really seeing the greatness in this photo. Sorry photorookie, its not a bad image, I am just not seeing the greatness that the others are. It kind of reminds me of a bra lol. Anyone else see a bra in that picture?
 
Mark: A Bra? haha, well, I can actually see it once I put my mind to it. What I don't understand...if you can see a bra, how can you not see the greatness, hehe. No, seriously, I did not attempt to make a bra-resemblance in this one.
 
that is one futuristic looking bra.. auto-cleavage adjustments ??
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom