The Tutorial Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. Now for 1 bringing this thread to top again and 2 for help. How can I calibrate my laptop monitors? I keep seeing spyder but figure there has to be a way to do it within the monitor.

There is a whole monitor thread in the list. You'll find that most laptop monitors are garbage and will have issues even with proper calibration.

Hello all - I have modified the thread title so the "FAQ" cannot be confused with TPF FAQ's.

Also, you are free to keep this thread as active as you wish, but without checking the facts from each and every post or article that's linked here, it should remain un-stuck. TPF will endorse articles that make their way to the Articles Forum; every other post or thread in TPF must be read at viewer's discretion for accuracy. We appreciate your understanding.

Hello all - I have modified the thread title so the "FAQ" cannot be confused with TPF FAQ's.

Also, you are free to keep this thread as active as you wish, but without checking the facts from each and every post or article that's linked here, it should remain un-stuck. TPF will endorse articles that make their way to the Articles Forum; every other post or thread in TPF must be read at viewer's discretion for accuracy. We appreciate your understanding.

The articles forum is almost completely dead. There are plenty of tutorials that make their way through the forums, and learning how to do a contrast mask or something doesn't need any fact checking. I simply intended to put together a list of commonly asked questions (FAQs, F A Q s, or w/e you want) that get answered nearly everyday and leave them all in a place where people can easily locate them and avoid clutter in the beginners forums.

The factuality of forums are meant to be taken with a grain of salt just like anything found on the internet. I never created this thread with the intention of making an encyclopedia, I was just trying to make it easier for the noobs.

Maybe one of the mods should create a useful FAQ in the aforementioned articles section and put it somewhere visible?

Check out photosig.com

It can sort images by specific lens (filter, camera, etc.) used and is a great way to see what people can do with the lens you are interested in. It is also an excellent critique site.

The articles forum is almost completely dead. There are plenty of tutorials that make their way through the forums, and learning how to do a contrast mask or something doesn't need any fact checking. I simply intended to put together a list of commonly asked questions (FAQs, F A Q s, or w/e you want) that get answered nearly everyday and leave them all in a place where people can easily locate them and avoid clutter in the beginners forums.

The factuality of forums are meant to be taken with a grain of salt just like anything found on the internet. I never created this thread with the intention of making an encyclopedia, I was just trying to make it easier for the noobs.

Maybe one of the mods should create a useful FAQ in the aforementioned articles section and put it somewhere visible?
I appreciate that, and I am merely trying to direct you to go through the correct channels. I don't disagree that there hasn't been a submission for the Articles Forum for awhile, but if you'll check the welcome thread to that forum, you'll see that anyone is welcome to submit anything they deem useful.

While we encourage the forum to be member-driven, this applies less when posting "articles" at random, and we do prefer to fact-check when possible. When a word like "tutorial" is heading up a sticky, the implication is that there was moderator involvement, which in turn implies endorsement of said tutorial. My point is that, when an article/tutorial/link list - whatever, is submitted to me for inclusion in the Articles Section, the moderating team will review it prior to submission. Does that make it bulletproof? Perhaps not, but we will have at least reviewed it and are confident enough of its content to include it in an educational section. We keep the Articles at the top of the main page to make it easier for newbies here.

The factuality of forums are meant to be taken with a grain of salt just like anything found on the internet.
Again, this is an implied assumption. Your thread here can be kept as busy as any of you wish to make it. You seem to be taking issue with the fact that we would rather not sticky something whose content we haven't checked.

That's not our function as moderators, unless one of us chose to do so. That's an equal opportunity function open to any member - yourself included. Should you wish some of the information here to be included in the Articles Forum, just shoot me a PM and we'll take it from there.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back