The Unintentional Sausages

Scatterbrained

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yep. I had no intention of photographing sausages. I had a completely (well at least mostly) different idea in mind when I set this up. Originally I was going for a frame that was more color and shape based rather than subject based. Then I decided I wanted the image to have a fun twist on a "lobster dinner". I was going to have a picture of a hand on the kale with a cube of butter on it, much as you would serve a lobster tail. Then I wanted a pair of lobster hands in the frame getting ready to eat.
This idea ran into two problems. One, getting lobster claws in the middle of the desert isn't as easy as it was when I lived on the east coast. I decided to try a fake lobster, but the claws were too small to work in the image. Getting the scale right put the claws inside of the minimum focusing distance of my lens, and just didn't look right.
Two, I couldn't get my hand posed in a way that looked right, or that just look ok for the image. My plan to counter this was to move on to "sausage fingers", which is just what it sounds like. I used my cut sausage to make it look like my "severed" fingers were actually stuffed sausages. In the end it looked more disturbing than humorous so I went back to the shot I took of the sausage before I cut them and placed them for the comp.

That title ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Really nice still life image. It's making me even hungrier as I smell the turkey cooking lol

Yep. I had no intention of photographing sausages. I had a completely (well at least mostly) different idea in mind when I set this up. Originally I was going for a frame that was more color and shape based rather than subject based. Then I decided I wanted the image to have a fun twist on a "lobster dinner". I was going to have a picture of a hand on the kale with a cube of butter on it, much as you would serve a lobster tail. Then I wanted a pair of lobster hands in the frame getting ready to eat.
This idea ran into two problems. One, getting lobster claws in the middle of the desert isn't as easy as it was when I lived on the east coast. I decided to try a fake lobster, but the claws were too small to work in the image. Getting the scale right put the claws inside of the minimum focusing distance of my lens, and just didn't look right.
Two, I couldn't get my hand posed in a way that looked right, or that just look ok for the image. My plan to counter this was to move on to "sausage fingers", which is just what it sounds like. I used my cut sausage to make it look like my "severed" fingers were actually stuffed sausages. In the end it looked more disturbing than humorous so I went back to the shot I took of the sausage before I cut them and placed them for the comp.
Nice shot! But it is hard not to photograph sausages. Like zombies, they are everywhere:
IMG_0679.jpg

Most reactions

Back