THEME: Wetzlar Wednesday (Leica)

minicoop1985

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Let's see those Leicas guys! GSGary's gonna like this one. :lol:

This practically doesn't count. It's a Leica in name only, but the only one I've had.

Leica AF-C1 by longm1985, on Flickr

(bought for the lens attached, which sometimes appears on my 60D :) )

(bought for the lens attached, which sometimes appears on my 60D :) )

Leica R cameras were like Playboy magazine...people always said that they, "Bought it for the lenses!"

Wait a second! The title of this thread is “Wetzlar Wednesday” followed by “(Leica)” in parentheses as if Leicas were the only cameras that came out of Wetzlar, Germany – but, they weren't!

Here is my Leidolf Lordomat, made in Wetzlar …

lord_zpsf7b71a0f.jpg

However, if you insist on showing only Leicas, here is my Leicaflex which is not currently fitted with a Leica lens because I don't have one at the moment and because I enjoy making Leica-philes gasp in horror. :)

lflex_zps1c47261f.jpg

In case you were wondering, the lens is actually a T-mount 105/2.8 Soligor and isn't bad at all.

Last edited:
Wait... what? Leicas are "made" as in, by mere mortals? Just like any other camera? I always thought they were delivered on gossamer clouds by angels to a fanfare of trumpets... or at least that's what Leicaphiles seem to want us to believe...

Wait... what? Leicas are "made" as in, by mere mortals? Just like any other camera? I always thought they were delivered on gossamer clouds by angels to a fanfare of trumpets... or at least that's what Leicaphiles seem to want us to believe...

Mere mortals??? Heck, for a spell there, Leicas were made by Canadians, in Canada-land, at the Midland plant! Some of the mortalest meres in the whole wide world! Or I mean, the merest mortals! Err....I mean....Canadians! http://photo.net/leica-rangefinders-forum/008YGP

I owned a Leica once........found it in the bottom of a box of free cameras I got some 20 years ago. I used it for about a year, then the shutter quit on me. Sold it to a collector for $300.

Well, the rules absolutely are flexible with these, so... yeah. That works. The whole MERE MORTALS thing cracks me up. A lot. Nice cameras, guys-I might need to pick up one of those Rs "just for the lens." :lol:

Well, the rules absolutely are flexible with these, so... yeah. That works. The whole MERE MORTALS thing cracks me up. A lot. Nice cameras, guys-I might need to pick up one of those Rs "just for the lens." :lol:

You want an M, but mine are not collectors they get used every week

I'd personally rather have an R so I can throw the lenses on my 7D for detail/short range shots.

I have a camera from the same neck of the woods (more or less), a KW - Kamera Werk with no other name or markings. The level is still usable and the lens which is a Steinheil feels like it's gliding thru butter; I like many of the German made cameras.

Last edited:
Furthermore, has no one noticed there is no "R" in "Leicaflex" ?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back