Things you don't know about me...

PachelbelsCanon350D said:
- I have never broken a bone.

The last time I said that I fell off a motorbike and broke a collarbone, hope you were touching wood when you wrote that bit. ;)

- I can do 69 situps in one minute. (lol that's a useful one :er:)

Kinkeh! :mrgreen: :eyebrows:

- I play three musical instruments.

Not another muso on the board! :p What's your weapons of choice?

:)

I had pneumonia 6 times by the age of 5

I used to receive private art lessons from a retired Fame Art School instructor and I specialized in charcoal drawings - now I can barely draw a stick figure

I went to 13 different schools in 3 different states

I started drinking and smoking when I was 11

I smoked *on average* 2 packs a day

I drank *on avaerage* 12 pack a day - more and mixed in the hard liquor on the weekends *I was a functioning alcoholic*

I haven't had a cigarette since July 15th, 1997

I haven't had a drink since April 1st, 2001

I have never been to a meeting or had any type of counseling for my addictions - stopped on my own will

I have 4 birthmarks

I have been shaving my head with a razor for over 15 years - before I started my hair touched my waist band

I shave...everywhere....regularly - I've been known to shave everything including my eyebrows...it's very comfortable if you're not afraid of what people think :lol:

I have approximately 50 hours of tattoo work

I can stick my index finger through my earring holes

Some people have it made...others just get by...I'm a survivor :thumbup:

-I was born in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. (Try spelling that as a kid in school!)
-I've had orthodonture treatment (braces) twice. The second time, when I was about 21, part of the treatment involved removing 8 teeth, surgically breaking my jaw and wiring it shut for 6 weeks. (Woo hoo, lowest weight of my adult life.)(This comment clearly indicates that I'm a female).
-have donated blood/plasma/platelets 110 times
-I come from a stable home...parents have been married 50+ years. Which made me all the sadder when my own marriage failed
-I have two older brothers, and three nephews whom I love dearly
-I've been lucky enough to travel to Antarctica twice.
-After returning from the second trip to the icy continent, I went a little nuts on Ebay and ended up buying 100+ penguins (penguin lighter, penguin fan, cookie jars, cream and sugar containers etc etc). Try fitting all that junk in a one bedroom condo. Poor planning on my part, that's for sure.
-I'm leaving in two weeks for a trip to Africa, where I hope to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro. Wish me luck, cuz I'm not a spring chicken, and I didn't fit in all the training I'd hoped to do

Dang - I typed so slowly that Woodsac's 10x more interesting post went in ahead of mine. Tough act to follow

Verbal said:
Wow. Just...wow.
Didn't mean to shock ya there Jon :lmao:
I grew up a rough, alternative life style. Had drug addicts for parents. Lived in the ghetto. Spent a lot of time growing up quick...on the streets! I've probably done and seen things you've only watched on t.v.? So is that good or bad? Depends on how you look at it. I think it made me a better, stronger person. Because I chose to apply what I learned to improve my way of life :thumbup: I won't even go into the Bad things you don't know about me...:p

Antarctican said:
-I was born in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. (Try spelling that as a kid in school!)
-I've had orthodonture treatment (braces) twice. The second time, when I was about 21, part of the treatment involved removing 8 teeth, surgically breaking my jaw and wiring it shut for 6 weeks. (Woo hoo, lowest weight of my adult life).
-I've been lucky enough to travel to Antarctica twice.
-After returning from the second trip to the icy continent, I went a little nuts on Ebay and ended up buying 100+ penguins (penguin lighter, penguin fan, cookie jars, cream and sugar containers etc etc). Try fitting all that junk in a one bedroom condo. Poor planning on my part, that's for sure.
-I'm leaving in two weeks for a trip to Africa, where I hope to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro. Wish me luck, cuz I'm not a spring chicken, and I didn't fit in all the training I'd hoped to do
I can't even pronounce it :lmao: Trip to Africa...have fun and good luck!!!

i guess i'll play along:
  • I'm Canadian! Born and raised. Moved out to Redlands, CA for work.
  • My left leg is a tiny bit shorter than my right leg. i think that's why the left leg on most of my jeans are more scuffed up.
  • Even though my left leg is a tiny bit shorter, my left foot is almost half an inch longer than my right foot. Is that nature's way of making things equal? It's a bit weird when I try on shoes, cuz sometimes my left foot will be cramped while my right foot will feel comfortable.
  • I like everything clean. Call me obsessive compulsive (I'm not though, I took an online test to prove it... LOL), but I like things clean and orderly. For the most part, I get kinda freaked by germs. Especially strangers sneezing in public and not covering their mouth. Once some kid sneezed on my pants. I was grossed out. If somebody sneezes on the street and I'm walking by them, I usually hold my breath until I can't hold it anymore.
  • If I'm having food AND soup together, I always finish my food first, then have my soup. I like the idea of washing down my food with the soup.
  • I can eat ice cream for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It doesn't matter when! I love it. We have an ice cream machine and freezer full of ice cream bars at work. I'm in heaven.
  • My freak metabolism. I have a hyperthyroid that was treated many moons ago, but I still have a high metabolism, eating whatever I want and not really gaining any weight. Some people referred to it as "Jimmy ... the tapeworm". I assure you I don't have a tapeworm, but they still think Jimmy is alive and eating very well.
  • I haven't eaten McD's since watching "Super Size Me" in October 2004.
  • My brother stabbed me in the head with a pencil when we were kids. The tip of the lead is still lodged near my right eyebrow.

Woodsac for president!!!! you rock man... hehe.

I absolutely love pianos. It's some sort of weird obsessive love. I just love them. Ahhhh :lovey:

I have an older brother and a younger sister ... who up until last summer (when she married) was named Loni Anderson

My dad and brother are phenomenal musicians and I can pick up instruments very quickly but have never had the drive to master any.

As a family we were in a car accident that literally scalped my mother to the point that her forehead was flipped up and hit the back of her head. I was standing up in the back seat and went into the windsheild. I don't remember this, they say I blocked it out because it was too traumatic. My brother remembers seeing my mother.

I've had 2 operations in my life. The first was to remove my appendix when I was 5 ... they ruptured as they were reomoving them ... apparently made for messy work. The second was to remove the 'nevicular' bone out of my foot because I had 2 of the same bone and weren't connected to things properly.

I left home when I was 16 and did the street punk thing in Vancouver. I used CPR to save 3 lives at 3 different times while there. They all lived.

I then moved to the mountains and made jewellery and sold it at markets ... my almost hippy stage (not quite because I still wore a leather jacket and my head was shaved with the exception of three green spikes, a purple rattail and blue bangs).

I got pregnant left my ex came back to Ontario, went back to school, got my grade 12, went to college for computer programming/analysis with 2 full-tuition scholarships, got deans letters for every semester I was there and then dropped it in my last year. That was 2 1/2 years ago. Still don't know what I want to do.

I've been with my boyfriend/fiance/might as well be husband for 5 years and we've had one more child together.

Just bought a house, 2 blocks from my mother.

[insert here - "and they all lived happily ever after" ]

*so maybe not quite a fairy tale but I still wouldn't change anything*

Xmetal said:
The last time I said that I fell off a motorbike and broke a collarbone, hope you were touching wood when you wrote that bit. ;)

Not another muso on the board! :p What's your weapons of choice?

:)

Heh.....I knocked on all the wood I could find, including my own head. ;) As for my axes, they are a saxophone, oboe, and piano. Piano came first, when I was 7. Sax came at 14 because I had to pick something to march with, you can't march with a piano (mental image :lol:) Oboe came at 16 because my orchestra conductor really wanted an oboist. So I taught myself in two weeks and loved it, what a beautiful instrument. It's too bad it blows blood vessels in your head to play into that tiny little double reed :lol: gave me headaches!

Vicky, I am obsessed with pianos too :) The look of them, the sound of them, the history of them. :)

Hmm...lets see.
I have 13 piercings in my ears, and only 2 ears.
I won the chess tourny in high school.
My best friend live 1500 miles away
Two years ago, I was leading scorer in a ball hockey league
I really thought I was gonna be a rock star
Im pretty quiet and keep to myself
Chiller is a name that was given to me, cause my friends at work think Im creepy.
Im a music freak...I listen to is as long as Im awake.
I collect Hot Wheels cars

errant_star said:
I have an older brother and a younger sister ... who up until last summer (when she married) was named Loni Anderson

My dad and brother are phenomenal musicians and I can pick up instruments very quickly but have never had the drive to master any.

As a family we were in a car accident that literally scalped my mother to the point that her forehead was flipped up and hit the back of her head. I was standing up in the back seat and went into the windsheild. I don't remember this, they say I blocked it out because it was too traumatic. My brother remembers seeing my mother.

I've had 2 operations in my life. The first was to remove my appendix when I was 5 ... they ruptured as they were reomoving them ... apparently made for messy work. The second was to remove the 'nevicular' bone out of my foot because I had 2 of the same bone and weren't connected to things properly.

I left home when I was 16 and did the street punk thing in Vancouver. I used CPR to save 3 lives at 3 different times while there. They all lived.

I then moved to the mountains and made jewellery and sold it at markets ... my almost hippy stage (not quite because I still wore a leather jacket and my head was shaved with the exception of three green spikes, a purple rattail and blue bangs).

I got pregnant left my ex came back to Ontario, went back to school, got my grade 12, went to college for computer programming/analysis with 2 full-tuition scholarships, got deans letters for every semester I was there and then dropped it in my last year. That was 2 1/2 years ago. Still don't know what I want to do.

I've been with my boyfriend/fiance/might as well be husband for 5 years and we've had one more child together.

Just bought a house, 2 blocks from my mother.

[insert here - "and they all lived happily ever after" ]

*so maybe not quite a fairy tale but I still wouldn't change anything*

Wow! That's a lot to go through, and a lot to come back from! Way to go Errant_Star! You've seen more of life than I'll see for several more years.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back