THINK before you decide to shoot a wedding!

momo3boys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I searched but didn't find this and it looks new so here it is.
Couple Pays £750 for “the Worst Wedding Photos Ever”

A hard lesson learned. It really does take a lot of talent and pride to make pictures THAT bad! The EXIF data would be interesting to see how they were taken. For those of you who think you can shoot a wedding, even for free, really second guess yourself. Shoot as a second first and save these poor people from never getting the memories from there special day.

With the number of wedding photographers popping up every day, thanks to digital, I'm not surprised that this kind of garbage is turning up. People see photography as an easy way to make some extra cash on the weekends without learning or understanding the basics. It's too bad that people get burned by these amateurs.

They probably had a portfolio full of stolen work too.

They really look like they could have been taken with a phone... In fact, I think a phone could have done better than most of them.

Oh dear! If your shots come out that bad I feel like it would be better to say there was a catastrophe and all of the photos were somehow lost or deleted and you will refund their money. They might write a bad review and bad mouth you, but at least those images wouldn't be floating around the internet in connection with your name!

This is a perfect example of why some people around here tell other people around here they are not ready. These things happen all too frequently and refunding the money and telling them that you are sorry is not good enough by a long shot.

They probably had a portfolio full of stolen work too.
Which relates directly to my thought, being: "How much research did the couple do? Did they review the photographer's portfolio? Did they contact the BBB? Did they contact any of the reference or "testimonial" providers?"

Maybe it is just my eyes, but I thought they were beautiful, :lmao: are you all blind? What do you think will happen when a photographer PARTIES too :lmao:much

Buyer beware! Seriously should have done their homework! Most noob's could prob outdo that photographer on auto:)

They may very well of had a good looking portfolio or web site, it doesn't take much to put either together, all you really need is 20 good images and that is easy enough, if you shoot enough. I look at web sites posted on here all the time and wonder how these amateurs can possibly think that they are good enough to be charging people. I suppose if people come up with cute names for their sites, toss out the right photo packages, create a bio that usually starts off with "I am passionate about photography and one day my friend said, you should do this for a living, and here I am after only two months of owing a camera, living my dream job" They leave out the "well my full time job is paying for it all" It's not difficult to create bogus.

this happens a lot in the poorest countries.
there are hired photographers that shoot with a phone or singers that shoot weddings.
grooms are to blaim also, as they buy the price not the quality

See if that was the case for me there not a photographer, there a scam artist. Stealing other peoples pics knowing you can't achieve that level is lying plain and simple. It bothers me that someone can't think thru the process far enough to realise they were going to get sued, heck if your going to lie about the photos and not have any skill shouldn't you at least have the common sence to lie about your name so they can't trace you down and sue the heck out of you. To me there is a diffrence in saying, this is my skill level this is the quality you will recieve versus these are stolen prints, and im knowingly screwing you over.

Oh, my, gosh. I would die if these were my wedding pictures... I take better pictures with my iphone! -.-

These people shouldnt have been so cheap and done some more research. The papers said they paid about 17,000 pounds for this wedding and only 750 on the photography. But this is still really bad for that price too. I need to raise my prices.

Most reactions

Back